Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Options

Comments

• A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all, lovely sunshine day here, so up with the larks this morning, getting stuck into the usual housework;bed changed
    washing on
    & hanging up
    dishes done
    fridge cleared out
    bathroom cleaned
    parcel for the bay posted
    shopping done
    flowers bought (mothers day)

and still loads to do ..............

still in the mood for baking, but can't quite decide to bake, but bought a load of ingredients for them all, choice between,
    Clootie Dumpling,
    Millie's Cookies (White chocolate with raspberry's)
    Empire Biscuits
    Banana & Walnut loaf or the "Famous"
    Jamies Hummingbird Cake - oh, no forgot the cream cheese :doh: Oh well maybe keep that one for Easter.

Received my mortgage statement in last week (forgot to mention it) as was slightly disappointing - I had made more o/p since it was printed - but now know what you mean by needing TNT to deliver it :rotfl::rotfl:

Oh and just remembered about my Tesco Tidy account, the d/d had not been paid in, so set up another (thought the 1st had not worked) then phoned them and they assured me there was only 1 "live" d/d which would be taken off on the 3rd so to watch my account - I did - and 2 d/d were taken off.

It was only my H@lifax "free" money, so doesn't really matter - however the "free" money hasn't been paid into my H@lifax account - another phone call needed. So what with the bay monies, interest received, TT's and d/d's I now have nearly £40 in there :D

Feel an o/p coming on :) but not on a Saturday, too stingy for that :rotfl:
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Doing well AFK and with decent paying accounts - that's one of my next steps too :)

OPs on a weekday only for sure! :D

What did you bake/make in the end?
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Another lovely sunny morning, so another washing done and hung out this time.

Have been checking my bank accounts, and my nearly defunked isa's, in 1 I got a whole 1p interest:rotfl:and the other wasn't much better:( still a whole lot better than the account I have had since starting work, though - where I get nothing, zilcho, for being with them for around 40 years.

As :money: says, don't !!!!! - Switch :) and i,m getting to that stage :(

Have tried the TT thing, but don't think its going to work for me, and now all my accounts are neatly on an even, so don't want to spoil it, whereas if at odds, would just tidy off mortgage figure, so in a way works the reverse for me. TT my mortgage figures and not my bank accounts, think I will get on better this way.

Will still keep the tesco account for the "extras" I receive - the bay, interest, share bonus and the like, all extra monies I receive :rotfl: :) or save, (like a special offer - if I save something on it) I'll put into this account.

Lets try and see how that goes. So going to mess up 1 account, just have to decide which one and by how much. The only figure "messy" is my mortgage, so away to see what I can do with that:)
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • Ali-OK
    Options
    Am the opposite to you...mortgage has to be a round number, all the other accounts can be as messy as they like! :rotfl: Will excuse 99,999 when I get there though ;)
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

• A_Frayed_Knot
    edited 6 March 2016 at 12:26PM
    Options
    Sorry, think I've/I'm confused.

I like my mortgage to be even - nice neat and tidy, but I in the last 2 weeks or so, tried it the other way round - meaning I tidied all my accounts. Don't like it.

So I have now decided to go back to tiding my Mortgage figure, as it seems to work better for me, that way.
    although I do confess to, one week tidying the total mortgage figure, then the next tiding the mortgage figure without the sub accounts - just depends :eek: I hope you can follow this :)Mortgage figure was 29,736.54 and thought this time round I could o/p more than 36.54, so had a look at all account total.

Just made an o/p of £87.16, there all neat and tidy again. Much happier.

I'm with you on this one Ali-OK :)

Edit - :rotfl::rotfl:99,999 is a neat number to me, often when I reach the next thousand down, I will o/p the extra £1 just to see the thousand figure change :rotfl::rotfl:
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Bexster - any nearer revealing your exciting plans? bet your sitting on your balcony taking in the lovely sunshine:)
  • Ali-OK
    Options
    I re-read...it's me being dim. Doh! :o

We both like neat numbers on the mortgage :D
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Ali-OK wrote: »
    I re-read...it's me being dim. Doh! :o

We both like neat numbers on the mortgage :D

:rotfl:Probably the way I explain things, tend to go round the houses :o

Now we're on the same page :j
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Ali-OK wrote: »
    Doing well AFK and with decent paying accounts - that's one of my next steps too :)

OPs on a weekday only for sure! :D

What did you bake/make in the end?

Sorry posts crossed, and I missed this one.

and for me o/p only on a Mon-Thurs so long as its before 3.00pm - their cut off time for the day, which means if I o/p Thursday 4.00pm I wouldn't see the result till the Monday :eek:

Ended up going out for an early dinner with mum and brother, so no baking :( Still I now have all the ingredients :)
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Hello AFK

I have been working on the balcony, bit cold for sitting out still.

I am closer to revealing my plans. I hope to be able to do so in the next week or so. :D

Have had a busy but good weekend. Bit more to do this afternoon, then a lovely bath.

Have good Sunday afternoons all. Very impressed with your OPs AFK. I confess I'm not a TT girl either.

Bexster :). NSD 3/6 this month.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure