Hugglemonster's debt free diary

Options

Comments

• hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes records kept of phone calls and length of time to get through, I'm continuing with the complaint as it's not good enough.
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Good evening, contacted the garage who had the car we want in stock they are valeting it ready for us to test drive on Saturday morning. Money still hasn't hit the bank but hopefully by the time we are ready to pay the deposit it will have.

Paid for mileage from second job so I made an overpayment for the computer, it was sitting at £646.52 so I paid the £46.52 and it recalculated straight away and must have taken off the interest saved too as the new figure now stands at £565.48 which doesn't help my nice neat figures but yay going down quicker :j :T

Determined to get this paid off asap now as the interest savings will be great.

Day off tomorrow, housework to do how exciting and must go for a run.

Really motivated again! H x
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thats all great news! You are on a winning streak!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    A busy couple of days but all good, went to test drive the new car and is perfect so all the paperwork sorted and collecting on Wednesday, get 12 months MOT, 6 months tax, just had a service and will have a valet. Just need to sort out insurance. Money from insurers cleared yesterday so I was able to put down a deposit.

Hubby and dd got up at 0400 yesterday to walk up Snowdon, apparently dd was fantastic. Not to be outdone I went up our local hill with my ds, he enjoyed it and we had a little picnic. Everyone was shattered in the evening.

Today my parents came over for lunch as a thank you for looking after the kids during the holidays, then I put together goody bags ready for the sports camp I'm running tomorrow. I'm up really early as my parents are going on holiday so I'm dropping them off to catch their coach, apparently I said 0500 was fine :eek:

After work tomorrow I need to update the budget with the car changes and reconsile the accounts, I also need to look for a new drill so we can put up a curtain pole and shelves in dd room.

Everything A OK!

H x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Huggle :wave:

Happy new car!

Sounds like you've had a lovely couple of days.

Here to a debt busting week

Pmo2
    X
  • Bobarella
    Options
    The car sounds great. Good luck with the early start.

• hugglemonster
    Options
    I did indeed manage to get up to take parents to meet their coach, struggled to get back to sleep but I was ok the rest of the day, sports camp was quiet but I've had one rebook for later in the month. I've tweeted as many schools as posible to try and get some more bookings for the next one.

Went for a run in the evening, ds and her friend accompanied me on their bikes.

I'm working an evening shift tonight and then I'm off until next week, plan for today:
    * Sort out new budget
    * Write report for second job
    * Sort out insurance for new car
    * 3 mile run
    * A bit of washing

See you later H x
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Do you have a local forum as well? I find that really helpful for business stuff. My paid for ad has so far got me zero enquiries which is a bit disappointing for £125. But the paper is stocked for 1 month in masses of locations and is available online so it may yet have an impact.

Do you also have email addresses for your past customers to reach out to that way?

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hugglemonster found your diary and subscribed to support you on your way. Great news on the car :T
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Just home from my late shift, really fancied a cup of tea but it would have been too noisy for the sleeping household ah well will have to wait until the morning!

Everything on the list done except the report which will take about 10 minutes tomorrow, hung out washing but have just looked in garden and still on the line even though it's been raining - bah to men will specifically my dh.

Had a nice surprise when I phoned to get insurance updated for new car, had to pay a little bit extra but then found out that the rest of the year's monthly payments have been covered by the claim and so nothing to pay now until renewal next June :j I am going to actually get ahead by putting away the same amount to hopefully have enough for the annual cost instead on monthly, that will be a first.

Thanks for the tip Bob r.e. emailing previous attendees at the sports camp, I will spend some time tomorrow finding them.

Thanks for popping by Pmo2 and Purple Fairy, will catch up with your diary in a min x

Had a lovely run before work, the kids had to be my support team on their bikes as dh was still at work. They are lovely :)

OK off to read some diaries and wind down for the night.

H x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport