Topcashback Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• arizonalinda_2
    Options
    I have been using this site for about a year now, mainly for Ebay. Transactions confirmed quickly but have found some retailers dragging their feet when confirming transactions. Certainly not the sites fault. I recommend this site if you shop online alot. Just remember to log onto the site and go to the retailer from there so the transaction can be tracked.
  • Wam
    Wam Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I've had nothing but good experiences with Top Cashback. I've earned 107 quid over the past six months. The payments have always tracked and they have speedily paid when it has been confirmed that the amount is payable. I haven't used any other sites, but it's been perfect for me so far.
  • sylviesinc
    Options
    I can't praise them highly enough. I waited ages for Asda car insurance to pay out and TCB paid me themselves. Now that's great customer service!
  • Beatlefan
    Beatlefan Posts: 892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I've only ever really used TCB. Excellent customer service and almost always reliable. Love the top-up rewards too. The site's well laid out and very easy to use, especially since their re-design earlier this summer.

I joined "wepromiseto" about the same time as TCB, but I've barely used them as the cashback is normally always higher with TCB (even with the small dailies).

TCB always get back to you very quickly if you raise a question or submit manual claims and are always helpful and friendly.

Nearly all of my transactions have tracked, so probably a 90-95 per cent success rate for me and I've got more than £160 either payable, tracked or pending since around spring time this year.

There have been a few transactions lately that haven't tracked or tracked incorrectly, four of which I've submitted manual claims for, including mysupermarket which tracked at 0.00 instead of £4!! My only gripe is when there's a transaction that doesn't track and it's for less than £1. I've had about 4 or 5 of those lately. TCB will only chase outstanding cashback if it's worth £1 or more in value.

Overall I'd recommend TCB to anyone. I really only use it for things I would have bought anyway, so I've made a nice amount which will pay for some of this year's Christmas shopping - which of course I'll purchase through TCB and earn more cashback!!

I also like the wide range of merchants on the site. I've discovered a few I didn't know existed! Wish Amazon was on there too, but I don't think they're on any cashback site are they? Actually, because of this I tend to use play.com or HMV instead for CDs, books and DVDs because I can earn cashback from them and the price is nearly always the same, give or take 1 or 2 pence.

A big thank you to Martin for bringing my attention to cashback sites in the first place. I didn't know they existed til I started visiting MSE regularly. :T
    Big thanks to Martin Lewis for helping us start to sort out our finances!!!:A

Best Comp win:X-Box 360!!

And thank you to all posters! You're wonderful!
  • ikib
    ikib Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i was looking through topcashback retailers, its showed great universal giving 20% discount on first orders, so i ordered a £300 washing machine. I got the machine within 2 days and about 2 weeks later got a statement with no discount. I got on to great universal and they said they had no arrangement with topcashback but they did end up giving me 10% off, topcashback did'nt answer any emails sent about the problem.
  • cornerstone13
    Options
    I like TCB very much as you can see from my sig below and I've another £300+ in the pipeline. It's just a shame that some of their retailers let the side down and make it into a real trauma to get the cash back.

They seem to be real "no nonsense" guys - and it's nearly £1000 I wouldn't have had otherwise.

Thanks TCB
  • TerrenceH
    Options
    TCB customer service responses were very prompt but it still took them over 8 months to payout from an esure car insurance policy I took out through them. Of course the problem was always with esure and there was nothing TCB could do about it... :rolleyes:
  • Stv67
    Stv67 Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2009 at 7:22AM
    Options
    I've earned over £100 cashback by using TopCashBack over the past year. I don't have any complaint to make about this site and their customer care is good, personal and genuine.

I agree with Cornerstone13, above. It's not the cashback company that customers need to be wary of but some of the retailers. Qantas, especially, seems to have a bad reputation for paying out (judging by my own experience and comments from other users on the TCB website). I've waited since January for my cashback on a flight to Australia and the airline have denied everything! TCB have tried very hard to reason with the company but they seem to have been quite stubborn. I like TCB - but not impressed with Qantas. May fly with another airline in future as a result of this bad experience.
  • spiceaddict
    Options
    Topcashback has been brilliant. Been using for well over a year, found merchants with lowest prices and extra cash on top can't be bad. I have only had two purchases that failed to track without prompting (both in last two months!), but were promptly sorted on enquiry and awaiting confirmation for payment now. Would have no hesitation in recommending them.
  • Grunhilda
    Grunhilda Posts: 790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm new to Topcashback and have used them twice .... but both purchases haven't tracked.:confused:

First time was for Play.com on 18/09 but because the cashback would be less than £1 I can't raise this up with them :mad:

The second was with RAC breakdown on 13/10 - the average tracking speed is 1 hr but it's not tracked for me.

I'm reluctant to use them again as two out of two failed trackings don't instill much confidence.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure