Quidco Question and Answers

Options

Comments

• parksandrec
    Options
    Can cashback be claimed after a purchase has been made????
    :staradmin
    Swagbucks rewards £140 Amazon vouchers. £70 Paypal vouchers £10 iTunes
    Qmee Rewards - £14.89
    If you can dream it you can do it - Walt Disney :A
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can cashback be claimed after a purchase has been made????

No, you have to follow the link from Quidco to the site you are going to purchase from and then buy the item.
  • parksandrec
    Options
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    No, you have to follow the link from Quidco to the site you are going to purchase from and then buy the item.

That's annoying I booked flights a couple of weeks ago before signing up to quidco
    :staradmin
    Swagbucks rewards £140 Amazon vouchers. £70 Paypal vouchers £10 iTunes
    Qmee Rewards - £14.89
    If you can dream it you can do it - Walt Disney :A
  • CuddlesTC
    Options
    CuddlesTC wrote: »
    Yes, I used it: the cashback has tracked and been paid, but no bonus yet.

At the start of the week the status was "expected by August 10th", but now it has changed to "The retailer is taking longer than expected to process your transaction. We apologise for the delay."

I apologise to Quidco - turns out I have had the bonus after, it's just that the tracking status was incorrect. Thanks to Quidco Clare who helped me over Facebook.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It may be fair to say Quidco have abandoned MSE and no longer respond here.
    Last activity: 18-07-2017 10:02 AM

I have an 'exclusive' financial purchase, oddly only available via Quidco. As others, this has gone past the estimated date.
    I'll allow it to go 1 month over estimate and then contact the merchant direct if the cashback hasn't become payable.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • woodface7
    woodface7 Posts: 143 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 September 2017 at 12:32AM
    Options
    B_M wrote: »
    It may be fair to say Quidco have abandoned MSE and no longer respond here.
    It sometimes looks like Quidco has abandoned Quidco.

Making big annual purchases this month - insurance, all the utility switches, I've spent countless hours comparing deals. TCB wound up with my business on every one.

Not always because of higher cashback, but because they bother to keep the offers up to date and detailed.

For example, with an energy company, going by Quidco's page it was baffling which tariff was covered by which vaguely phrased description. On TCB, they listed the full, precise name of each tariff (such as 'Energy Fix Oct 19 v3') within each cashback tier. So you recognise it on the destination site.

More detail on 'terms' too - aka ways the network / merchant can con you out of commission.

You'd never guess Quidco was the biggest cashback site. With reported delays in CS replies, looks like they're maxing profits by cutting service.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    woodface7 wrote: »
    It sometimes looks like Quidco has abandoned Quidco.

Something isn't quite right, that's for sure.
    At the moment, it seems you have to chase up Quidco for delayed transactions to get paid. Is this the way Quidco is going? If you don't ask for it and chase up, you don't get it!

Most of my purchases from cashback sites now are for purchases which are covered by an Ombudsman - mainly financial. Take screenshots and chase up once delayed or after 4 months. I've received every single payment eventually, but I've had to get it! Well most of it, there are a few decent merchants.
    I prefer to use discount codes now for other purchases (hotels and department stores etc), but sometimes you can get both - so worth a try. I'll take a smaller discount than have the hassle of obtaining cashback payments!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,163 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I upgraded my Sky to include fibre Broadband, via the Quidco £80 link.

The transaction didn't track.

I tried raising an online claim, but the Quidco form wouldn't accept my Sky account number.

I messaged quidco support for help with the issue, but I've had no response.

I've now raised a telephone callback request.

I feel like I'm having to jump through hoops!
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Got my £150.00 EE Broadband cashback after all!!

Thank you Quidco.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,163 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    prowla wrote: »
    I upgraded my Sky to include fibre Broadband, via the Quidco £80 link.

The transaction didn't track.

I tried raising an online claim, but the Quidco form wouldn't accept my Sky account number.

I messaged quidco support for help with the issue, but I've had no response.

I've now raised a telephone callback request.

I feel like I'm having to jump through hoops!
    Incidentally, I'm just going through my car insurance renewal, and am not confident with Quidco, so am going via another option.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback