eon gas and electric

Options
hi all
im looking for advice

im with eon for gas and electric pay via a payment card at the postoffice.

I am really struggling to keep up with my payments and I have emailed them to ask to put us on a cheaper tariff and they have emailed back saying I need to phone them and ask I don't like talking on the phone the best of times but I did phone dueing the week and I was on holding listening to the awful music for 45 minutes then hung up.

I tried getting in touch via the live chat on there web site but is wasn't turned on so emailed again and not heard a word since

I have received a letter threw post about a one year control tariff and have to sign and post it back but I haven't a clue what it means

I would also like to maybe switch to another supplier but again don't understand how to change to another supplier as I am hopeless when it comes to the gas and electric meters

I really need to get my payments down can anyone offer me any advice

thank you

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to enter your annual consumption in kWh, available from your bills, into one of the comparison sites such as MSE CEC linked to at the top of this page and see what it gives you. The cheapest tariffs are with payment by monthly direct debit, is there a reason why you are not doing it this way already ? You can switch on line with little effort.
  • chelle222
    chelle222 Posts: 25 Forumite
    edited 23 April 2017 at 9:55PM
    Options
    thak you so much for ur reply will I be able to get the info from my online account?

I just don't understand anything

I did a comparison its telling me I am paying half of what im paying don't no y

I have had enough now its totally doing my head in so will try again tomorrow
  • molerat
    Options
    Why are you paying at the PO, this normally happens when you are paying off a built up debt, are you ?

If not your payments probably bear no relationship to what you are using, is your account in credit ? Do you submit regular meter readings and get billed regularly ? You need to read your meter at least monthly and put the readings into your account. You can then choose to be billed and you will then see how your account sits.
  • chelle222
    Options
    I pay at the po because it is the easier way for me to pay, yes I give eon a reading regular
    no Im not in debt with them as I pay every fortnght

ive just been on the phone to eon and gave them a reading and was told im ££121.02 in credit with them only to b told I have to keep my payments at what im paying now and they wouldn't even let me to be on this new 1 year fixed taffif what they sent me arrrggghh
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Good morning chelle222,

Thank you for the advice molerat,

I can see that you've now given us a ring, so that's good.

Just to confirm, you can change your own tariff via your online account and do a little quote in there. Or we do need to have you on the phone for us to do it for you.

Some tariff's will require you to pay by a monthly Direct Debit, you do get extra adjustments for paying this way. So it normally works out cheapest.

If you would like to continue to pay at the post office, you'll need to pick a tariff that doesn't require a Direct Debit.

You may also want to use the real time billing function also on your online account, it means you can produce a real time bill or balance whenever you like, just by popping your meter reads on.

I know you've [FONT=&quot]mentioned [/FONT]changing supplier, so the best way to compare is to take your usage from your online account and pop the kWh in to a comparison site and go from there.

Hope this helps a little.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • chelle222
    Options
    thank u for ur reply ive tried the online tarrif thing its coming up dearer then wat im paying now

I managed to get threw to someone on phone the first lady was polite and spoke to someone on billing who I spoke to who was very rude she said I had to pay wat im paying now n put phone down on me

I then had a call from eon regarding another matter that's dealt with, and now she put me threw to the sales team and guess wat im on hold been on hold for 15 minutes
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Options
    chelle222 wrote: »
    thank u for ur reply ive tried the online tarrif thing its coming up dearer then wat im paying now

I managed to get threw to someone on phone the first lady was polite and spoke to someone on billing who I spoke to who was very rude she said I had to pay wat im paying now n put phone down on me

I then had a call from eon regarding another matter that's dealt with, and now she put me threw to the sales team and guess wat im on hold been on hold for 15 minutes

Thank you chelle222,

I'm sorry that someone was rude to you, there's no need for any of that, please tell the next person you speak to about this and they'll arrange feedback and raise a complaint.

If you can hang on (although I do know it's busy) it would be worthwhile having a word with sales as they can go through the tariffs with you and look at your payment amount.

I'm sorry about the wait.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • chelle222
    Options
    I already did the sales thing and they hung up on me

someone phone on a different matter and she asked if I wanted to speak to someone bout tariffs so I said yes the man was rude I asked for a manager he refused and hung up again

lovely customer service at eon NOT and ive been a loyal customer for many years always paid my bills on time and the minute I ask for help I don't get any
  • chelle222
    Options
    right ive got an up to date reading from my meters sooo ive tried the price comparison thing from up the top of the site

its coming back that im paying "27 a month (I wish) which I nowhere near to what im paying(im paying a lot more)

the first supplier is saying estismated new costs is £247 a year £21 a month I don't no why but that don't sound right I no its only estimated but still
  • molerat
    Options
    Are you converting the gas to kWh and not just using the meter readings ? Your estimated annual consumption should be on your bills and the website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure