IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NEWBIES!!! [Sticky Thread Comments Archive]

Options

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Smgeorge wrote: »
    Hello,

I have received a document from the court ordering me to pay for my parking ticket through civil enforcement. £350!!! I have about 23 days left of the 28 days left to do something. I don't want to risk disputing it and then losing and having to pay more money ? Can anyone help?

Instead of hijacking this thread, why not read the advice here and take it..?
  • Unsurewife
    Options
    Hello,
    At the end of December (28th) we drove from Ayrshire to Hamilton Palace retail park for an appointment with kitchen company Wren. We are unfamiliar with the roads there and final destination but eventually found ourselves almost there but in the wrong lane in heavy holiday traffic. Changed lanes with a few horns blasting us and drove in relieved.
    Far too early for our appointment, we saw a Homebase and wandered around in there for about half an hour, crossed over to KFC for a quick lunch, then went to Wren Kitchens for our appointment. We left there after about 90 minutes, then went into a pound/bargain type shop for another wee while before leaving.
    About 2 weeks later we got a Parking Charge Letter and we were horrified. I checked and decided to ignore it, then about a month later got a nasty reminder, then last week got a letter from a debt recovery company demanding £130. We allegedly overstayed a 3 hour limit by 13 minutes. We saw no signs on entry, nor anywhere else in the carpark.
    We are in our late sixties and we are very worried about ignoring all this, and if it is still the correct course of action.
    I have read everything but am getting myself all mixed up with the different scenarios.

Please help us as my husband is blaming me for saying we should ignore it. :(
    Ps sorry if this is all in the wrong place, I've never submitted anything to a forum before
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome! See post #41 above - blue button - and copy & paste into a new thread.

It's Scotland though and only Euro Car parks - nowt to worry about, sleep well! Ignoring it is CORRECT IN SCOTLAND.

Of course you will get daft threatogram letters - that's par for the course!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Unsurewife wrote: »
    Ps sorry if this is all in the wrong place, I've never submitted anything to a forum before

Yet you clearly agreed that you had read and understood the MSE policy on thread hijacking as part of your signup..?

Try reading the specific advice for Scotland on this thread and acting on it - there is nothing else to do! :)
  • kit389
    kit389 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I am writing to seek help with the procedure and use of wording for the appeal to POPLA.

I am a mini-cab driver and a regular customer of a big chain supermarket store. On the day of questioned, I parked my car in the car park in Feltham. I have the habit of checking the signage before I parked my car. I went into the supermarket store and purchased my grocery. Two weeks later, I received a PCN from this parking company demanding for GBP70 (since then they had dropped it to GBP40). I disputed the claim due to the following reasons:

The signage was not clearly displayed- There were two separated content signage displayed 30 feet apart. First signage stated that no taxi, mini-cab or private car hire waiting or parking. Second signage stated maximum stay of 3 hours and parking charge amount. I parked my car in the car park where the first signage was displayed. When I entered the store there wasn’t any indication of the unwelcoming of the mini-cab driver.

Unfortunately, I purchased the grocery with cash and since then I have lost the receipt. The parking company has rejected my appeal even I offered to pay a reasonable amount. Of GBP5.00 for less than one hour parking. They have provided me a POPLA reference number. Please help!
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,038 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is an information only thread, please start your own thread.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi, and welcome ..... this is an information thread ..... not one for individual help

so ...

please go to this link
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

its the start / landing page and then click on the new thread button (top left)

to start your very own thread for tailored help :-)

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 April 2017 at 7:34PM
    Options
    kit389 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am writing to seek help with the procedure and use of wording for the appeal to POPLA.

Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then start your own thread if you still need help. This thread you have posted on is for reference only, not for asking questions.

I hope you didn't reveal the driver's identity when you made your initial appeal, unlike your post here which you should edit or delete. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Ohlavache
    Options
    I wanted to use the letter in the newbies thread about replying to solicitors. Unfortunately the links to the Practice Direction on Pre-action Conduct. no longer work and I can't find the right ones... Can you please help?

As for the SRA Handbook, you quote a version 9, am I right in just quoting the updated version 18, published on 1st November 2016? The actua thread was closed so I couldn't ask there.

Many thanks for your help,

The letter that I want to copy (with some amendments as I wasn't sure...:

I refer to your e-mail below of 12/04/2017, and earlier correspondence.

Firstly, I have no intention of paying the money demanded by your client, and any court proceedings will be vigorously defended.

Second, should it be your client's intention to start court proceedings, you must provide a Letter Before Claim which complies with the requirements of the Practice Direction on Pre-action Conduct.

Please also note that a failure and/or refusal to comply with the Practice Direction will result in an immediate referral to the Solicitors Regulation Authority for breach of the Principles contained in the SRA Handbook version 18, published on 1st November 2016.

In the meantime, and in the absence of a letter before claim, you should place a note on your file to the effect that this charge is disputed and your firm is required to cease and desist all further contact with me.

I trust that I have made myself clear, and I suggest that you take your client's further instructions.

Yours faithfully
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I expect pogofish will be along shortly. :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport