Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Options

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Happy Hump Day..

Puzz being very lazy this week, just can't get my act together... Far too much social been happening so I have nothing planned for the rest of the week or the weekend...

DD seems quite happy and seems to spend most evening in the uni bar... :eek: But she assures me she doesn't always drink alcohol but does like there chips...!!! She is coming home the weekend after next so that will be lovely... and lots of washing for me.....:rotfl:

Loved the free film I went to see.. I Daniel Blake, it was really well acted but sad....

So in the last 7 days, I have fed lovely mother twice and taken her to the pictures, fed my neighbour wine.... been out to dinner with the girls.. £35 :eek: and then another £10 in a different place having a nightcap.... funds not great this month so no other socials planned except one friend over later in the month..will do something cheap....

DMP paid.. all £45 of it... heard from all creditors except Natwest... oh well if they don't like it I'm sure they will contact me... 2 DCA's wanted new i & e.. told them both they can wait till December.. most have put me on a new 6 month plan, but still planning on redoing my i & e in December ...have moved the non paid dmp money into a new account for dd's next rent payment...

That's about all for today.. apart from in 4 weeks time I will be on holiday hopefully in the sunshine....

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    DMP paid.. all £45 of it... heard from all creditors except Natwest... oh well if they don't like it I'm sure they will contact me... 2 DCA's wanted new i & e.. told them both they can wait till December.. most have put me on a new 6 month plan, but still planning on redoing my i & e in December ...have moved the non paid dmp money into a new account for dd's next rent payment...

Love Puzz. x

I'm green with envy at the way you deal so confidently with your creditors. I wish I were more like you. I'm such a wimp:o. If I had more of your guts I'd go self-managed myself. It would be wonderful to pay a much smaller monthly DMP total than the £680 I pay now and have a bit of surplus money to enjoy such things as the very occasional meal out, drinks with friends and maybe a cheap holiday. Even a weekend away would seem like winning the lottery:rotfl:
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    I'm green with envy at the way you deal so confidently with your creditors. I wish I were more like you. I'm such a wimp:o. If I had more of your guts I'd go self-managed myself. It would be wonderful to pay a much smaller monthly DMP total than the £680 I pay now and have a bit of surplus money to enjoy such things as the very occasional meal out, drinks with friends and maybe a cheap holiday. Even a weekend away would seem like winning the lottery:rotfl:

cbc you are not a wimp.... I love dealing with the creditors, haven't had a mean one since the very beginning when I first started my dmp with sc. The obvious advantage you have over me is you will cross the finishing line first no doubt....

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Friday....:j

And I have absolutely nothing planned for the weekend, nothing, not a thing.. it is to do with what I like.. well at the moment anyway....:rotfl:

Have had responses from all my cc debts and they have all agreed my plan.. 5 of them have put me on a 6 month plan so I may be cheeky and leave it running and only reset up the other 4.. umm....Still no word from NW about the loan and od so assume they are happy with payment as I have already paid it. I am going to drop my payments anyway, I want to do some saving and then maybe go for some f & f's..... well that's today's plan anyway...!!

DD is ringing a lot.. 8.30, 10.15 and then again at 1.15.. mainly just for random chats whilst she's walking across the campus or to tell me her horror story at having to put the bins out.....Haha being a grown up is fun isn't it...!!!! The call at 1.15 was to say what to do when you have stabbed yourself.. umm.. I was driving at this point.. slight exaggeration, cut hand whilst cutting a roll in half... hopefully all mended with a plaster now...... bless...

Not a lot to report otherwise...

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 7 October 2016 at 3:27PM
    Options
    cbc you are not a wimp.... I love dealing with the creditors, haven't had a mean one since the very beginning when I first started my dmp with sc. The obvious advantage you have over me is you will cross the finishing line first no doubt....

Love Puzz. x

Thanks x

My creditors have been fine so far but I can be brave when I've got SC behind me. I couldn't cope with barrage of phone calls and letters again.

The reason I'm anxious to get over that finishing line asap is that every penny I receive each month will be all mine:dance:. It's a heady thought as I've never been without some debt or other since I left school decades ago:o. Sometimes it was a few pounds, other times it was thousands, all without living a lavish lifestyle. I just don't know where all my money went:o.

After my DMP I'll be starting anew without any credit cards. I'm never going down that route again. I'm learning so much from being on a DMP and can honestly say it's changed me for the better:j
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    Monday...:p

Well that weekend didn't go to plan.... speaking with dd on Friday and she really wasn't happy, lonely and bored with a weekend stretching in front of her... Her fav flatmate goes home at weekends and her 'special friend' had also gone home, her best mate (from 6th form) who is a boy was off visiting his girlfriend so she was not a happy bunny.. In my wisdom.. or maybe wine'dom.. I suggest that OH and I go down and buy her dinner Sunday after visiting his mother who lives half way... and of course take the required food parcel too... So £43 in Tesco, ££5.50 in M & S, £50 on a meal.. thought I should pay as OH does all the driving up and down.. and £20 for cash for dd.. total spends.. £118.50..:eek: And I only had a salad...!!!

Never mind, seemed to cheer her up, although she did end up going clubbing Friday night till 4am..... and was back in talks with Best friend and special friend was also back and meeting up later... its a roller coaster ride this one...

She says she's bored. . only has 6 Lectures/seminars which leaves far to much time for sitting around thinking... I have suggested all the usual, go to the library, join a club or group, join the gym but all met with a big fat no.. so not much else I can do... whether she will stay the full course who knows.. or will she be back by Christmas.. watch this space... Although its a damn sight cheaper having her at home...:rotfl:

So work beckons.. well quietly whispers at me... will try to have a more productive week than last week....Then dd home for the weekend, will have to try and reign in the spends or I will be poor whilst she lives the champagne lifestyle...!

Holiday in 3 weeks.. think I am going to need it..!

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

She says she's bored. . only has 6 Lectures/seminars which leaves far to much time for sitting around thinking... I have suggested all the usual, go to the library.....

Love Puzz. x

I'm glad your visit managed to cheer up your daughter. Sorry about the cost though:eek:

Your comment about DD being bored made me smile. Surely one of the points of Uni is working independently (at least it was when I was there). The lectures and seminars are just a part of it, we were supposed to use them as a starting point and do more research and study to back them up. It's early days though, her course has barely started. I'm sure her workload will increase before she knows it;)
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Puzz
    I have read your diary from start to finish over the last few days. Well done on taking such a massive bull by the horns and starting to make inroads onto your debt. I do have a couple of questions which you are free to ignore if they are too nosey.

Your debt. I take it from what you say that YOU are paying this lot off. What about OH? Did he not eat the food, be warmed by the electricity etc etc as the debt was run up? I am genuinely appalled that he goes off on what must be expensive holidays when his partner in life is struggling with debts. I am just really surprised that is all.

Your daughter earned a lot of money that you mention she didn't spend, surely she could be putting this towards her rent. Like wise year 1 of a degree is the perfect time to get a part time job to self fund. This is what I did as my family also didn't have much money on hand to support me. My impression (sorry) is that you are carrying a massive burden that you aren't making any easier on yourself by supporting others.....

The other thing is an observation. You mention your OH snores alot. Please please make him get checked out for sleep apnoea. It can be really dangerous if not treated and loud snoring can be one of the signs.

Good luck on the rest of your journey. And like I said feel free to ignore if it suits.
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    chevalier, I expect Puzz will reply herself but from what I gather from reading the whole thread she has an unusual family dynamic (if that's the right term). I understand totally how she is dealing with a lot of things on her own, my own situation is very similar. Not all of us fit the 'norm':)
  • Puzzcat
    Options
    chevalier wrote: »
    Hi Puzz
    I have read your diary from start to finish over the last few days. Well done on taking such a massive bull by the horns and starting to make inroads onto your debt. I do have a couple of questions which you are free to ignore if they are too nosey.

Your debt. I take it from what you say that YOU are paying this lot off. What about OH? Did he not eat the food, be warmed by the electricity etc etc as the debt was run up? I am genuinely appalled that he goes off on what must be expensive holidays when his partner in life is struggling with debts. I am just really surprised that is all.

Your daughter earned a lot of money that you mention she didn't spend, surely she could be putting this towards her rent. Like wise year 1 of a degree is the perfect time to get a part time job to self fund. This is what I did as my family also didn't have much money on hand to support me. My impression (sorry) is that you are carrying a massive burden that you aren't making any easier on yourself by supporting others.....

The other thing is an observation. You mention your OH snores alot. Please please make him get checked out for sleep apnoea. It can be really dangerous if not treated and loud snoring can be one of the signs.

Good luck on the rest of your journey. And like I said feel free to ignore if it suits.
    chev

Hi Chev,

You read the whole thing.. must have been bedtime reading...!! My ramblings are enough to send anyone to sleep...

Not nosey at all and valid points you make. As CBC has already stated we are not a conventional couple, OH does work very hard and brings in good money which he is happy (most of the time..) for me to share..! He knows about my debts but not the amount or how much I pay out each month. We have never fairly shared finances and I quite like it like that, in fact no one except my mse readers know about the extent of my debts....

My dd has accrued her money through no spending on normal teenage things through from 12 to now really.. all her birthday/christmas/6 month work she did is in her ISA and that's where I would like it to stay. She has a third year abroad and may well have to dip into it for that !! As for a job, well she as I suffers from Anxiety, she also has social anxiety.. it took days for her to be able to queue and buy butter in the uni shop.. so I don't think a job is on the cards yet, but never say never... She hated her previous job but did stick it out for a very painful 6 months..

Easy cure for snoring.. pillow on head... I don't think he has anything that not consuming vast amounts of lager wouldn't cure to be honest...

CBC is right that I do deal with most things on my own, I would love to have a sole mate someone to share everything with.. maybe one day I will, but I don't think it will be for a while yet..

Thank you for popping in..

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income