<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No recipe browsing tonight - my laptop is almost out of charge and I left the charger at my tutee's house earlier.

I bought a soup maker a couple of winters ago and don't regret it. Easy to use and clean and DS2 eats more soups as a result. I went for a more basic model, which wasn't too expensive. Best thing for me is that I can cut veg into quite large pieces - downside maybe that some things are better made in stages (e.g. softening onions first) and there's a limit to the amount I can make at a time.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 November 2017 at 10:00PM
    Options
    I had a look at the Which reviews and will give it some thought. It would have to be dishwasher safe, or magically self cleaning given my current hand issues.

Dinners was dregs of the fridge, not one of my better efforts. The lentil soup went down very well though so a make again recipe for us.

Positives:
    Remortgage is now at offered stage (hurrah), legals to do next so hopefully it'll all be sorted in the next few weeks. I'm not holding my breath given the slow progress to date, but surely it must be in place for January payment?

A little bit of cashback cleared, from a work expense so compensation for lending the company money

Current project has been delayed, so my role will run for a little longer but on reduced hours which isn't great financially but at least means I still have some work in the new year.

ETA and a random tax refund, can't see why from online account but have chucked into the tax savings for my SE stuff on the basis that they are bound to ask for it back at some point, unless its the thing i contested ages ago around being taxed on a benefit i didn't actually receive and a P11d that I wasn't given.V annoying! At the time they just said tough!
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    My soup maker is a Morphy Richards saut! and soup and only needs rinsing out/minimal cleaning. I don't use any gadgets that are a lot of faff.

Glad you've got some good positives today :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Another here who avoids further gadgetry when I have other things that tick the boxes (like a pan, and a cooker!) I bitterly resent having to wash the food processor even so soup makers would not end up doing more than gathering dust I suspect! For soup for me it's the old fashioned pot on the hob and the stick blender gets used for de-lumping. :D

Hurrah on the remortgage - no reason why it won't move quite fast from there! :T

Hurrah also on tax refund - but good plan to treat with due suspicion! :rotfl:

Mango on POTW this week in Lil's...just sayin' :rotfl::rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I'm with Essex I can't imagine buying a machine to make soup...Plus I find the prep for soup relaxing, almost meditative. Keep making soup, however you do it.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm another soup maker without gadgetry , all done on the cooker . Have no room in the cupboards either .
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    When I had my new kitchen this year I made sure I had a cupboard just for gadgets so I don't have to have them out when not in use - apart from the Breville Halo and Tassimo machine which are in use every day :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Had a few jobs to do in local medium town, sunny but freezing. I made the fatal mistake of going into TK Maxx to get warm. I did not need any more jumpers. No matter how soft and kitten like they are. Even if they are the right colours and in the clearance...

I now really, really don't need to buy any more jumpers. For several years. I could even (shock, horror!) recycle some of my bag lady ones that are two sizes too big. This year I have bought jeans (mine were at the falling down huge stage) ,1 cardigan, 5 jumpers and a pair of very reduced fitflop sandals at c£12. That's not bad really. I haven't frittered on beauty stuff either - and have established that the 60p MrL herbal bath is actually nice and doesn't make me itch.

Anyway, having let the moths out, I actually made a start on buying some bits for the festivities. A craft kit, and some chocolate - now hidden safely away. MrT have some green &blacks tasting kits half price which are a nice emergency present for £5.50.

I fight a losing battle to keep the worktop clear. Drives me mad. In regular use - nutribullet (soup mostly, but also sugar grinding to make castor or icing sugar), stick blender (soup), kenwood (dough - stupid hands), food processor attachment (grating -stupid hands) and the shameful electric tin opener (stupid hands). I also own a slow cooker, pressure cooker, deep fat fryer, waffle maker, mincer, sausage maker, juicer, candy floss maker and a gazillion other gadget man purchases but they all live in the gadget cupboard covered in dust.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Big bag lady jumpers could go over new kitten jumpers to help keep you warmer. ANd keep the cat hair off the new ones...
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Ahh thanks to a small kitchen we're pretty light on the gadget front through necessity. MrEH's coffee machine and grinder live on top of the second freezer in the space between the two front doors. The bread machine lives on the worktop as it gets used pretty regularly. Food processor lives on a shelf in the larder along with its blender attachment - that shelf was specifically put at a height I can "*just* reach to keep those out of the way but easily accessible. Only things other than that really are the stick blender (back of the larder so easily grabbable) Mini processor (likewise) and slow cooker (shelf in the spare room as there's simply no space for it in the kitchen!).

Another one here who'd been having to buy clothes because of stuff being too big. I mean it;'s a nice problem, but it's flipping expensive! :eek::rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills