PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all. Hope you've all had a pleasant Bank Holiday Monday. :)

Frith - I'm so sorry to hear about little Ben - my thoughts are with him and his family.

My pleasures for the past couple of days:

Yesterday:
    1) My stint on the plant stall went quite well despite a bitterly cold wind (a fibreglass hut on the seafront is not the best place to be in a gale! :eek:), and we sold enough in the last hour to convince me it had been worth opening, which I hadn't been at all sure of until that point!
    2) Getting home and defrosting with the aid of several cups of coffee and a replay of the grand prix on iplayer.
    3) One of my favourite meals for dinner - refried bean and pepper burritos. :drool:
    4) A friend had said she was going to text and arrange for us to go out for a drink but, antisocial as it is, I was quite glad when she didn't: it had taken me four hours to defrost to the point where I'd finally stopped shivering and I didn't really fancy going back outside again.
    5) Lazy evening in with a couple of glasses of wine, a cat, and a very silly film. Antisocial can be quite pleasant sometimes. ;)

Today:
    1) A long lie-in this morning - I find there's few things as tiring as getting badly chilled.
    2) Bacon sarnie for brunch when I could finally be bothered to get up. :o
    3) A mildly frustrating shopping trip turned out well: I found a pair of shoes I really liked but they were damaged and the shop didn't have any more in my size. I then tried another shop and found another pair which weren't quite as nice but were only half the price. :money:
    4) Stewed up some past-their-best pears which will do me for breakfast for the next few days, which made me feel very OS and thrifty. :)
    5) Ordered some free wine using a voucher I got when I changed my energy supplier last year and which I suddenly realised I'd better use before it went out of date. :beer:

Have a lovely evening, all.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A very quick 5 as I should be in bed by now, leaving at 6am :eek: to DB/SiL for DM's 90th birthday celebration :D

1. All upstairs rooms cleaned
    2. lounge tidied ready for a good clean on Weds
    3. brief chat with DS who is sadly suffering from man flu ;)
    4. nsd
    5. found a top I thought I'd left in India, it was still in one of the pockets of my suit case. Goodness knows how I missed it but so pleased to have it back :)

(((Hugs))) to everyone, night night sleep tight
    S x
  • katie89
    katie89 Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    1. Cooking my first chicken in the slow cooker - I was so impressed with the amount of meat I've got of the chicken, and it tastes lovely! Leftovers for tomorrow + stock!
    2. Also enough chicken for me to take roast chicken and sweet chilli sandwiches to work tomorrow (OH on holiday, lucky him!).
    3. Finishing my OU assignment today, can get cracking on the next tomorrow night.
    4. My friend taking us up to A$DA in her car, and us doing our big monthly shop - chest freezer now nice and full, and lots of whoopsies!
    5. Feeling slightly less ill today, been a bit sniffly the past few days.
    2011 Wins : Models own makeup product, Photoplusx4 software:j Mens hair dye :rotfl:
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Very grumpy but will try and think of 5 for today.

1) Bit of a lie in.

2) Sister popped in.

3) Went swimming with brother and sons. As I got in the changing rooms, a lady came out of the shower and said "I'm sorry I had to shout at your children like that but, really, their behaviour was not very good". I stood staring at her as my sons had only been in their changing room (with my brother) for about 30 seconds. Then she said, "Oh... erm... you're not the right woman, are you?" LOL!

4) Went to a local fete (in the rain) and had some cakes and sons basically bought all the tombola tickets until they won a tin of biscuits.

5) Fish and chips for tea.

6) Smaller son being bolshie... I was in the bath which immediately makes everyone in the vicinity want to use the loo... smaller son came in to use the loo and asked if he could sleep in my bed. I said to start off in his own bunk and he could come in during the night if he wanted to. So he said "Right - I'm not doing a wee then" and went out! That'll teach me!

Not good news about the baby today. He is going to have a palliative procedure (don't know what that entails but it's not an operation to fix things). He has gone in to heart failure and it is looking very serious. Thank you all for thinking about him.
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 May 2011 at 11:44PM
    Options
    mhagster,I love the term 'skinny malinky long legs' - describes my DS perfectly too.
    Kitchenbunny, thanks so much for the ideas. I've looked up the Nigella recipe and I'll get the DSs to experiment with it. When I suggested fish sandwiches with tomato ketchup mixed in, DS1's eyes lit up. We hadn't thought of that combination before despite the fact that he adores ketchup and they both have fish sandwiches from time to time. Just need to stock up on cheap tins of fish now. Thank you.
    sparrer
    , happy 90th to your DM:T

Anyway, my five for Monday:

1. I'm completely on top of empting the fridge/using up stuff ready for my Tuesday vegbox delivery now. It's taken a few weeks to get reorganised and properly into a routine but I think I'm there. :T (Hope I haven't spoken too soon!)

2. Supper of omelette, fried spuds (from yesterday), the remains of the carrots, spring greens, and salad bits (with HM pear and chocolate sponge and ice cream for my starving sons' puddings). All very tasty.

3. Caught up on news with a friend on the phone.

4. Everyone is gradually cooperating with my insistence on more regular help in the communal bits of the house. DSs are great at blitzing things but I need them to help little and often so that I have more time to work. Having said that, DS1 has found time to deal with his bedroom which is looking spotless - haven't seen it like that in months!

5. Watching some Victor Borge videos that DS2 found on Youtube this afternoon. Very funny and clever. It was lovely to just sit and laugh together.

Sweet dreams

B x

...edited to add more love and strength for baby (((Ben))) and everyone around him.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yesterday's delights.....

1. Did a Reverbe and found 5p :)
    2. DD is definitely back to 100% after her sickness bug and we had a lovely morning sharing a hot cross bun, singing, chatting, attempting to tidy up a bit before....
    3. My dad arrived to do some gardening and pick her up and whisk her off for her holiday at my parents :)
    4. DD and he did a grand job and she took her duties of stuffing leaves into the sack very seriously and was in charge of the broom to sweep up at the end; I (thankfully) didn't get a look in ;):)
    5. OH and I had a lovely evening and had a good bottle of wine that has been lurking in the fridge for a while.
    6. Thank goodness for the Beeb; went from the very fascinating Egypt programme into the sing-a-long a hit Queen one seamlessly and enjoyed them both :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Frith - thinking of Ben

Broomstick - my DS's are much the same and will eat everything and anything. I make twinks hobnobs, dips and they have toast and cereal.

My five for the past couple of days are

1. Made chicken stock from chicken bones.

2. Started making more elderflower cordial.

3. Made some mini muffins and twinks hobnobs.

4. Had a chat with friend on the phone.

5. Lovely evening in watching a DVD with DH and DS2.

6. Managed to declutter a couple of cupboards.

7. Sold a couple of items on ebay.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All!

Awake earlier than planned, as tending to DD who felt sick at 4.30am. She went back to bed, but I was wide awake :mad:

Sunday

1. Freebie tickets to 'Life in a Day'. Reccommended, if you get the chance to see this. I was surprised that even DS2 enjoyed it!
    2. DH has bought the Scrabble App for his iPad. (I won! :j).
    3. DS2 playing with his friends in the garden all afternoon, while I planted some seeds. At last the garden is being used as it should be.
    4. Discovering a Mr T glitch on MSE and stopping off to try it :rotfl:
    5. Nice meal at friends house.

Monday

1. DH and I emptied the dining room of all the Ebay stuff so we could use the table! :eek:
    2. DD had a 'friend' over to watch all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. He seems nice ;).
    3. Made huge stew, bread and butter puddding and cup cakes. The weather made me want comfort food.
    4. Another game of Scrabble with DH. (I won again :j)
    5. Friends came over for tea and everyone ate well. (Even though I seem to have poisoned DD :eek:).
    6. Mr T glitch worked :j Got a Price Check voucher via email. Tee Hee!

Frith Its amazing what can be done for tiny babies. (((Hugs))) to Ben and his family.

It's lovely and sunny at the moment. Off to hang some washing on the line while the going is good. C U later. HE x
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Pleasures for yesterday:
    1. Bit of a lie in again
    2. Lunch out with OH and used luncheon vouchers earned from surveys so felt like a free lunch
    3. Popped into waitrose and managed to pick up a few RTC items
    4. RTC Sausage sandwiches for dinner followed by a doughnut
    5. Enjoying spending some time with OH

Hugs to all who need them
  • spandles
    spandles Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    house_elf wrote: »
    Morning All!

4. Discovering a Mr T glitch on MSE and stopping off to try it :rotf

6. Mr T glitch worked :j Got a Price Check voucher via email. Tee Hee!

(hyperventilates) what glitch??????? Where can i find out more?Typically I only discovered DTD about 2 weeks before it was withdrawn:mad:

Sx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport