Parked in Hospital Disabled Bay

Options
1235»

Comments

• Starrystarrynight1
    Options
    I often park in Ikea's blue-badge only bays, simply 'cos there's tons of 'em and when I go, they are mostly empty. I hasten to add that when I roll up and the blue-badge bays are busy, I'll take myself off to a regular parking spot.

I can't believe someone has thanked your post!

Whether the disabled bays are empty or not, you should not be parking there. How do you know who comes along after you've gone into the store.

I used to be Starrystarrynight on MSE, before a log in technical glitch!
  • Pocketfluff_2
    Options
    fred246 wrote: »
    The gym that I go to always has a line of Mercedes & BMWs in the disabled parking spaces next to the door. You see the meatheads arriving and running in the gym. The last time I went there was a young woman parking in a disabled space. I recognised her because she always spends hours on the treadmill. Why would you park in a disabled space right next to the door and then run for hours on a treadmill? Crazy. The gym is part of a hotel by the way.

Thats the thing about ignorance though...just because you're disabled doesn't mean the use of your legs/lungs etc is always the illness!

I have severe lung damage and part of my lung is gone amongst other serious health issues. However to help my recovery I was told to do walking/jogging to improve my lung condition? Which included use of the gym.

I've been to the gym a few times. Does this mean I'm not allowed to because I'm disabled? Alot of illnesses are invisible and just because they are doesn't mean people are to stay sitting on the spot to rot away! Also, just because a disabled person actually gets off their backside and tries to do 'normal' things doesn't mean they are miraculously cured.
    Total Debt: £5105.23
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    Thats the thing about ignorance though...just because you're disabled doesn't mean the use of your legs/lungs etc is always the illness!

I have severe lung damage and part of my lung is gone amongst other serious health issues. However to help my recovery I was told to do walking/jogging to improve my lung condition? Which included use of the gym.

I've been to the gym a few times. Does this mean I'm not allowed to because I'm disabled? Alot of illnesses are invisible and just because they are doesn't mean people are to stay sitting on the spot to rot away! Also, just because a disabled person actually gets off their backside and tries to do 'normal' things doesn't mean they are miraculously cured.

And there are (at least) a couple of conditions which would allow someone to legitimately have a blue badge even if they were a marathon runner - blindness and arm deformity.

Other reasons for a blue badge not related to legs are things like epilepsy where you may have to get back to the car quickly.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure