PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2017 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Options

Comments

• Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    1146 mirror
    1147 notebook
    1148 perfume
    1149 tweezers
    1150-1151 shoe trees
    1152-1180 toiletries
    1181-1191 non recyclable bits and bobs
    1192-1193 rucksacks
    1194-1253 paperwork
    1254-1310 items of clothing

Phew - lots to be got out of the house.

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    have been awol due to twisting knee on the 12th. i thought it had recovered, overdid it, knee collapsed from under me monday and have spent time in bed pretty much ever since. so the very good news is...
    • i have been enjoying my tidy decluttered bedroom :A
    • when my best friend came to help pack away a room for the decorator there was a lot less stuff to move :A
    • when i have needed my friend or my mum to get me things i have known where they are (unheard of!!!) :A
    so for anyone with any lingering doubts, it is most definitely worth the declutter. Can't wait till i can start again (but will don't worry)
    Till then i'll continue reading all your fantastic efforts
    oh and although im' not currently :j i have carefully made it downstairs :beer: my friend who is currently staying has been dispatched to the chippy for celebratory fish and chips :p
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • somerandom
    Options
    Get Well Soon Dundee Doll :)
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    Options
    Donated from loft:
    111:bag of recyclables,donated to the school's nursery class.Teacher was very appreciative: "Oh,I am sure we can incorporate those when we make a dragon next week" :rotfl:

Decluttered from house:
    164:thinned out a pretty box of papers on top of Welsh dresser
    165:thinned out a second pretty box on top of Welsh dresser

I am only working a couple of hours tomorrow.Hope to go to the tip and the charity shop after that,so will have a bit more to list.

I started a good habit today (hopefully!).With all this paper I have been decluttering this week,it makes me realise what a muddle it gets in,and I really should either deal or dispose.Why do I save stuff for so long?So,having received mail for the first time this week,I read the mail (2 identical letters from the secondary school my 2 eldest go to icon_rolleyes.gif),took note,then put them straight out for recycling :T.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Sa1sysoo
    Sa1sysoo Posts: 297 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    An update from me:
    264: Foot stuff used up
    265-6: 2 x pairs of gloves to charity shop
    267: A stray Christmas card recycled
    268: Used up a pen - these things last forever!
    269: Foundation used up. Onto the next one from the stash :money:
    270-273: Bits from the garage
    274: Torch gone into recycling
    275-278: Metal table legs to the dump
    279: Scarf to the charity shop
    280-282: Belts to the charity shop
    283: Dumb-bell stand to the charity shop
    284: Umbrella donated to work colleague
    258-9: T-shirts to charity shop
    260-263: Cracker toys, all to the charity shop
    264-273: Printed off/ripped out recipes - all recycled. I've got a whole folder of these, so more to add. I'm planning on scanning the ones we want to keep, as a tip we found online suggested this, and keeping them in a tablet. Wipe clean and space saving! :money: :D
    274: Emptied folder of ideas for the bathroom. The bathroom was completed a year ago. I can now use it to save my mandalas, made for the happy notes we make throughout the year. :D :T :D
    275-6: Candles to the charity shop
    OH OD - £100.00/£100.00 Joint OD - £100.00/£100.00StepChange: £10,057.67
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    edited 20 January 2017 at 5:54PM
    Options
    Ooooh,house feel considerably lighter this afternoon :j:j.
    Have been to the tip and charity shop.

Out from the loft:
    112:very large bag of plastic toys-tip
    113:old broken light shade-tip
    114:broken iron-tip
    115:large collection of plastic containers and lids with no lids and containers :rotfl:.-tip
    116-118:3 cookbooks-charity shop

From around the house:
    166:old baking tray with layer peeling off :eek:-tip
    167:bundle of polystyrene-tip
    168:drawer from our old kitchen,which had been filled with stufff to be decluttered-tip
    To charity shop:
    169-179:children's clothes
    180-187:scarves
    188-194:dress-up stuff
    195:miniature UNO card game
    196:bag of crayons
    197 pair of cheerleeding pom poms
    198-203:children's books
    204:[STRIKE]something else I can't read in my own hand-writing[/STRIKE]:eek::rotfl:
    Edit: it says index-card holder..I mentioned a few days ago that my partner gave it to me years ago.I was going to use it for those lists you only need to add to occasionally.I went to use it the other day,but it really was no good.Rather than lines printed acrosss the page, they went down,so you would have had to turn the folder around through 90 degrees to write in it.Bettwr to donate this,and use a notepad (or bundles of paper I am recycling).
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• eandjsmum
    eandjsmum Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    shampoo used up and replaced with last one from my stash
    3 books donated.
    1 book brought into house raffle prize.

Hope to sort out Kitchen tomorrow and clear the Ironing tonight.
  • somerandom
    Options
    somerandom wrote: »
    92. DVD - gift
    93. pencil case set - gift

94. DVD - gift
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • kscour
    kscour Posts: 665 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    29 - 63 old bedding/clothes/shoes etc to clothes bank
    64-66 phone chargers for long gone phones
    67 bag of recycling

had a bit of a bonkers lightbulb moment triggered by an email from lakeland of all things. I read - clever storage ideas to help with you declutter your home - and thought well that's a bit stupid as I want shot of it not to store it.

Still I was thinking of what to hit next as I had an afternoon free and thought about the attic and then realised that whatever I got out of it would just be left piled around until I could get it out of the house. Perhaps temporary storage was not such a bad idea! So cue assault on the spare bedroom aka "dumping ground". After a long afternoon we could now actually put someone up for the night in there (as long as they didn't need anywhere to store clothes :) ) but it also has everything in it so far destined to leave - wether in a bag for charity shop, bag for clothes bank, pile for possible eBay, pile for carboot etc. Of course there is a nagging fear that stuff could be left there to rot but it's going to be number 1 priority to take stuff out of there whenever I leave the house
  • tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have an unusual event today as both the kids are at sleepovers from just after lunch.. I can never remember this happening. I really can't decide what to do! It will be so quiet.

Although part of me thinks i should do something fan the other part thinks that as it is cold why don't I blitz the jobs i never get round to as too busy sorting their activities and declutter so that when weather is better my mind is free from all the things i need to get done?!
    Go get it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport