Do One, Debt!

Options

Comments

• GoingToDoIt
    Options
    Hi all,

Just checking in. Family member ill in hospital- makes anchange that it's not me!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • GoingToDoIt
    Options
    Right I am forcing myself to return here even though I'm not sure how I'm going to manage this debt. The last few weeks were tough, with a family member taken seiously ill, now they are recovering which is a relief. Dashing across the country to visit and staying there a week cost a lot of money. The work situation is still unresolved, so I'm not really receiving full wages but I can't return to work or get another job yet (or I could if I didn't want to take them to the court, which I do) so really my life is on hold and I don't really know what my income is from one month to the next.
    I have decided that I will need to start working again by mid March, so I plan to look for temp work if things are not resolved by then.
    I've changed the signature as it just does not make any sense to list out my debts at the moment. I just hope the work situation resolves soon and involves a large payment to me to compensate for all of the bullying and harassment and distress they have caused.
    So that's it really, I have made a list of the debts etc in my notebook so I'm not avoiding dealing with them, honest! Also hopefully I can get a financial settlement with my employer which I can't really talk about and whilst it sounds nice, I bloody deserve it, since I've been bullied out.
    My moneysaving ways are coming back to me and I feel I'm getting my mojo back at last so hopefully I'll be back on top of things more and more
    Gonna x
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Right I am forcing myself to return here even though I'm not sure how I'm going to manage this debt. The last few weeks were tough, with a family member taken seiously ill, now they are recovering which is a relief. Dashing across the country to visit and staying there a week cost a lot of money. The work situation is still unresolved, so I'm not really receiving full wages but I can't return to work or get another job yet (or I could if I didn't want to take them to the court, which I do) so really my life is on hold and I don't really know what my income is from one month to the next.
    I have decided that I will need to start working again by mid March, so I plan to look for temp work if things are not resolved by then.
    I've changed the signature as it just does not make any sense to list out my debts at the moment. I just hope the work situation resolves soon and involves a large payment to me to compensate for all of the bullying and harassment and distress they have caused.
    So that's it really, I have made a list of the debts etc in my notebook so I'm not avoiding dealing with them, honest! Also hopefully I can get a financial settlement with my employer which I can't really talk about and whilst it sounds nice, I bloody deserve it, since I've been bullied out.
    My moneysaving ways are coming back to me and I feel I'm getting my mojo back at last so hopefully I'll be back on top of things more and more
    Gonna x

Welcome back Gonna :T Sorry to hear about your ongoing troubles and your family members ill health. You're a bit in limbo at the moment but hopefully soon, this will resolve and you can get back on your debt freedom journey. Wishing you well. Have a good week :) x
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Glad to hear your family member is back on the mend xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • GoingToDoIt
    Options
    Ok so in terms of "naughty Gonna", I ordered take away tonight...I had a migraine this afternoon so it was a medical emergency.
    In the rush the other week to visit sick relative, I lost my house key. The person with the spare was on holiday in Dubai (of course) so I had to get a locksmith. Total cost £370 :(
    My toilet has broken and I attempted to fix it myself, being very MSE. Unfortunately I didn't replace a part, put the water on and went out to buy a part, and I've flooded the flat below...well it has come through their ceiling and made a damp patch. So I guess I will be liable for their £100 buildings insurance excess? Also they want a report from a plumber except I didn't get one and I really don't want to get one as I can't afford it.
    In checking for leaks I removed my bath panel and it cracked. Cheapest replacements are from £150
    The section 75 credit card claim requires the broken tv to be examined and a report given about the fault, I've got a company examining it now (this was pre-flood palaver) that will cost at least £60

So all in all life has been very very expensive.

On the plus side, I'm trying to save some cash. I've mega cleaned the house. I needed to clean my curtains, after some google research I found that some people managed to wash "dry clean only" curtains in the bath with cool water. Recommendation was to trample on the curtain like crushing grapes for wine...have to say it was a lot of fun! Curtains were VILE filthy as well.
    Got a friends dad willing to fit the new toilet part if I buy it, he only wants a full english as payment as he said it's an easy job. Obviously if I try to pay him he will refuse so need to think of how to give him stuff that he will take, maybe a gift for his wife.
    Spoke to my insurers and was able to claim £100 back against the cost of the locksmith, better than a poke in the eye, should be in my bank by the end of the week!
    Had a look at making my own bath panel and reckon an MDF panel cut to size, coated with sealant then gloss paint (already have those) would cost about £30 and will do the job.

So I guess overall it's been kind of disastrous...but what can you do?
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Options
    It really is ups and downs on this journey isn't it?!

Have you look on ebay for a new bath panel? Or maybe even freecycle / gumtree / skip diving? Someone is bound to be having a new bathroom fitted and wants to get rid of a bath panel that's probably in ok condition.

Chin up :)
  • GoingToDoIt
    Options
    No it isn't appropriate at all Isobel spam bot, and you have been reported and blocked
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    GoingToDoIt Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,
    making an effort to update...still no change money or job wise. I'm not being brilliant with my money but I'm making progress.
    Just cashed out £20 on inb0x £'s.
    Have 6-7 items for Bay of E to do this week
    Broken tv report done and ready to send to cc company for section 75 claim
    Toilet fixed by family friend, thank goodness although it did require more parts than originally thought so ended up costing £50
    Wrestled the old bath panel back in place for now, until I can sort replacement
    Fixed broken dining chair with "no more nails" only cost £4 very happy with that
    Mothers day gift and birthday gifts made up of hoard of free stuff and discount purchases from the xmas sales, only paid for card and wrapping!
    Bought a smart interview jacket in the sale £20 and a smart dress in primani reduced to £5!
    I do need a session with my "debt book" as I'm not budgeting properly although it's so difficult when you don't know how much you'll be paid or when or why!!!
    It's not easy but I feel positive. And the small changes are creeping in, I even got my rich friend in pound-land whilst I got some hair conditioner the other day, she's converted! Esp as she had just been in b00ts buying v overpriced basics like toothpaste.
    Hope you are all good...the journey to debt free is going to be longer than I thought but I know I have to stick with it- actually I want to stick with it!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Options
    Hi all,
    making an effort to update...still no change money or job wise. I'm not being brilliant with my money but I'm making progress.
    Just cashed out £20 on inb0x £'s.
    Have 6-7 items for Bay of E to do this week
    Broken tv report done and ready to send to cc company for section 75 claim
    Toilet fixed by family friend, thank goodness although it did require more parts than originally thought so ended up costing £50
    Wrestled the old bath panel back in place for now, until I can sort replacement
    Fixed broken dining chair with "no more nails" only cost £4 very happy with that
    Mothers day gift and birthday gifts made up of hoard of free stuff and discount purchases from the xmas sales, only paid for card and wrapping!
    Bought a smart interview jacket in the sale £20 and a smart dress in primani reduced to £5!
    I do need a session with my "debt book" as I'm not budgeting properly although it's so difficult when you don't know how much you'll be paid or when or why!!!
    It's not easy but I feel positive. And the small changes are creeping in, I even got my rich friend in pound-land whilst I got some hair conditioner the other day, she's converted! Esp as she had just been in b00ts buying v overpriced basics like toothpaste.
    Hope you are all good...the journey to debt free is going to be longer than I thought but I know I have to stick with it- actually I want to stick with it!

Yay glad you're sticking with the debt busting. I know you're going through a few challenges at the moment but hopefully soon you'll be taking no prisoners and pick up where you left off.

Have a great week :)
  • GoingToDoIt
    GoingToDoIt Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 11 March 2016 at 5:08PM
    Options
    Hi all,

I've been dipping my toe in sorting my life out this week. Quite a lot of employer negotiations, it's moving forward a bit but not at the finish line yet.
    I feel like I keep bumping into things at home (literally, there's stuff everywhere yet I'm constantly tidying, going to tidy, leaving stuff out half done). Also I know there's things to sort out but I can't quite seem to get on top of it.
    I just had a read of some Konmari method stuff, I know there's threads on it here as well. I was surprised to find that some of it I already do.
    Anyway I don't know why it just clicked with me today but it has spurred me on. I've been through the wardrobe and the ottoman saying goodbye to clothes! My dilemma is always weight gain/weight loss and I know after a successful tango with weightwatchers a few years ago I threw/gave away all of my "fat clothes" but I few years later I was cursing myself, I mean clothes and underwear cost a fair whack, I'm not chucking stuff just because it dosn't fit. But there's plenty off stuff past it's best that can go.
    I think also sorting my clothes esp "work clothes" has been theraputic. Lots of them are crumpled/been squashed at the back/forgot I owned them and a few, I hate!!!! and are being dumped!!!!
    Piles of pants and scarves are being rolled up and neatly organised so that the "scarf mountain' has been removed from the side of the wardrobe, revealing long forgotten handbags and belts which also need sorting out.
    I suppose whatever theory works for you, but sorting the house always helps you feel better. I can see that I've been lacking confidence and in a rut in part as I'm living in a mess, not a massive mess but how can I put myself out there and look for a job if I don't even know what I'd wear for work? And actually, all of my work stuff would look more appealing if I gave it a wash/iron.
    On the moneysaving front, I earned £20 babysitting last night but spent £6 on the taxi home. Restructured some immediate debt to 0% credit card - how long can I keep doing that? Not much longer methinks. Moneysaving needs to be higher up the agenda.
    Well that's my little break over, need to get back to the sorting, I'm blasting the radio with all the windows open, clearing out the cobwebs and sorting some bin/recycle/bay of e, piles to tackle...
    :A:A:A
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills