Options

Comments

• Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    What do you base that statement on?

It's an old iPhone locked to orange. EE sim may have worked if it had been t mobile
    It's not just about the money
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Silk wrote: »
    It's an old iPhone locked to orange. EE sim may have worked if it had been t mobile

See my post above, I've actually used an EE sim in an Orange 3GS.
    ====
  • Silk
    First Anniversary
    Options
    See my post above, I've actually used an EE sim in an Orange 3GS.
    Well perhaps you should tell them at EE

For example .... http://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Forum/Will-EE-sim-work-in-Orange-iPhone/td-p/85394
  • d123
    Options

To be fair, that's not actually EE, it's just a consumer forum of customers (a bit like the T-Mobile forums that preceded it).

It can be confusing, certain phones were locked to the specific MCC+MNC (meaning singular network), but as I say, 3GS (at least the couple I used) were ok with any sim in the EE group (thinking back, I think even tried a White Mobile sim successfully).
    ====
  • Silk
    First Anniversary
    Options
    To be fair, that's not actually EE, it's just a consumer forum of customers (a bit like the T-Mobile forums that preceded it).
    Yes I agree it is quoted from the EE consumer forum but as you will see the posts are replied to by EE customer service etc.
    You will also see lots of posts from customers with 3's and 4's saying that EE sims will not work in their Orange locked phone.

As you say it seems to be those locked to singular networks, sadly that seems to be the Orange ones.
    Hence as the OP has an Orange locked phone it is unlikely to work with an EE sim
  • d123
    Options
    Yes I agree it is quoted from the EE consumer forum but as you will see the posts are replied to by EE customer service etc.
    You will also see lots of posts from customers with 3's and 4's saying that EE sims will not work in their Orange locked phone.

As you say it seems to be those locked to singular networks, sadly that seems to be the Orange ones.
    Hence as the OP has an Orange locked phone it is unlikely to work with an EE sim

Firstly, there is no official response in your link, those are all just uninformed customers who have posted.

Also your second conclusion has no bearing on what I said, there are plenty of Orange locked handsets that will work with any EE derivative sim, there are a small numbers of Orange or T-Mobile issues models that won't.

Again, as I said, I have personally used an Orange supplied/locked 3GS with sims from all the other EE group providers.
    ====
  • Silk
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Firstly, there is no official response in your link, those are all just uninformed customers who have posted.

So the posters who reply such as this one below, where the posters have EE links to customer service and EE contact details we can ignore their advice then due to them being uninformed customers then ?

‎23-08-2013 04:58 PM
    Get the original owner to unlock it for you. EE Contact Details
    true?v=mpbl-1&px=600 true?v=mpbl-1&px=600 true?v=mpbl-1&px=600 true?v=mpbl-1&px=600

Customer Service

Also your second conclusion has no bearing on what I said, there are plenty of Orange locked handsets that will work with any EE derivative sim, there are a small numbers of Orange or T-Mobile issues models that won't.
    There are lots of posts over the net of customers of locked Orange phones that don't work with an EE sim and certainly enough to make me think that it's probable that the OP's phone won't work with a EE sim.
    The proof of the pudding will be if and when the OP try's one
  • smiledotcom
    Options
    Well, EE did tell me that I could purchase a sim from them (for £5!) and that I could use that in the phone. But I don't want to do that. I don't want to give any more custom to Orange or EE I just want my phone unlocked.

I spent around £1000 in the course of my contract with Orange so, in my view, they've already had their pound of flesh. I've paid my dues. If they want to charge me to unlock *my* phone then I don't want to use their services anymore.

I would rather move to a provider, such as GiffGaff, who aren't going to embezzle me out of £20 as a parting shot when I decide I want to take my business elsewhere. That kind of "customer service" does not sit well with me.

I do not expect network providers to render my handset unusable (unless I continue to do business with them).

I'm surprised that some people seem to think that just because this is how things usually happen that that renders it acceptable.

I'm amazed that others think that the networks are "doing me a favour" by charging me to unlock my own phone!

In some ways, my "being out of touch" with how the networks operate is refreshing because my standard of what is reasonable is so much higher.

I'm pretty sure that OFCOM are moving towards banning network providers from charging people a fee to have their handset unlocked when a contract comes to an end.
  • socrates
    socrates Posts: 2,889 Forumite
    Options
    I had loads of problems with phone unlocking - I ended up emailing the CEO and got answered by this lady:

francoise.clemes@ee.co.uk

She eventually sorted out my problems
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, EE did tell me that I could purchase a sim from them (for £5!) and that I could use that in the phone. But I don't want to do that. I don't want to give any more custom to Orange or EE I just want my phone unlocked.

I spent around £1000 in the course of my contract with Orange so, in my view, they've already had their pound of flesh. I've paid my dues. If they want to charge me to unlock *my* phone then I don't want to use their services anymore.

I would rather move to a provider, such as GiffGaff, who aren't going to embezzle me out of £20 as a parting shot when I decide I want to take my business elsewhere. That kind of "customer service" does not sit well with me.

I do not expect network providers to render my handset unusable (unless I continue to do business with them).

I'm surprised that some people seem to think that just because this is how things usually happen that that renders it acceptable.

I'm amazed that others think that the networks are "doing me a favour" by charging me to unlock my own phone!

In some ways, my "being out of touch" with how the networks operate is refreshing because my standard of what is reasonable is so much higher.

I'm pretty sure that OFCOM are moving towards banning network providers from charging people a fee to have their handset unlocked when a contract comes to an end.

How much does giffgaff charge for an iphone?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure