santas Challenge 2016... Gifts, chat, challenges

Options

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm having a bit of a shell shocked week.
    saw the consultant (knee) on Weds. My plan , if he suggested a replacement, was to say I'd loads planned for this year- do it- leave next year 'free.' Answer "No" He can only offer a replacement joint, or no replacement- at this stage no other options. Wants to do it in the next 2-3 months so that came as a shock.

So just cancelled 2 cruises. One is fully paid- if I wait until next month lose even more dosh. (If you want to laugh that was to Iceland: destined not to go there as that was my 2nd cancelled) Managed to transfer one to Aug 2017. Transfer rules mean it has to be a dearer or equiv cruise price so I cancelled the third losing the deposit. Now have to try to get some of the money from the insurers and we know what wriggleworts they are! However I am not going to worry about that- the money was already paid. As a friend said- you need your health above all else- true.

Off on a cruise to warmer climes (thank heavens) next week for Easter. Looking forward to some dancing, craft &/or craft classes and just sitting on deck in the sun. I already know the dance teachers. About to get cases out of loft and try on some outfits- more clothes fit well IF I can stop comfort eating this week!!!

Managed to deliver 6 duvets to the village PO. Also found a home for 10 x singles (as they come- not sewn) at a local greyhound rescue and 6 are going with me for Cats Protection League. How many duvets is a shed load??? 100? possible more. Help!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been posting much, just seemed to be bogged down with things. DS2 has been here last few days and all I seem to have been doing is cooking and going up and down the stairs.

I hope to do some proper replies this evening.

It's my dad's 90th today.

I was making the card the day before I was going to take his presents round because I couldn't find what I was looking for. Luckily I found some bits and pieces at home and embellished a shop bought blank card as dad celebrates his name day (today) not his actual birthday.

For some reason I couldn't find a really nice blank card I felt comfortable with in the shops. You know when you have someone in mind and even if they were not to like the card, you don't feel right until you get a certain feeling you can leave the shop satisfied?
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Apologies been a mad time, Sounds so daft with the school breaking up on Thursday it thrown me, but challenge will be up 2mor

Don't forget the clocks go forward 1 hr 2ngt xxxx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Apologies for the delay,... here we go....

Birthday Sector

If your working 3 months at a time, nows the time to look at April to June bdays... dont forget the wrapping paper as well.

Easter Chocs
    If you still need any Easter eggs and your not seeing the person to Tuesday - onwards, they are usually half price on the Tuesday, as wellas Easter goodies, - buy cheep.... (soz couldn't resist), be handy for next year./SIZE]

Fun with Chocolate
    Usual Easter - more choc gets left, have some fun and see if you can find a recipie for the chocolate, something different from the usual cornflake / rice krispie cakes....

Summer Clothes
    :):) Shops are starting to get in there summer ranges, some have intro offers, if you need certain items, may be worth looking around... This also means there be more reductions on winter items...

Smoke Alarms
    ;)Time to just do the test of the batteries...

Car Boots
    Whether your a seller or a buyer, Easter time tends to be the start of the sales, whether its a I need to get rid of some stuff / go for a wonder and see what I find... comfy shoes to the rescue..

What expenses Have I got?
    This may seem mad, but take some out and look expenses, house ins / car ins etc - note the dates down, also pre-mark a month so you get chance to grab a coffee / glass of wine / hunky man... (sorry day dreaming there... If you want to jump ship you have time to do the homework and pratice the "I'm really sorry but xx has offered xx, but I do like the service from yourselves.... (flattery usually works...)

Miss Hoodies corner
    The corner that means work...... help.... this time its a nice one, spring clean your handbag / purse / work bag... do you need that tissue, pen with no ink, ....

Make Up Bag - Add this into the mix, - remember the use - by dates, 6 or 12 mths for mascara...

Make up brushes - Give them a pamper....

Me, Me, Me....[/COLOR]
    As were the ones who do all the planning etc, take some me time, whether its a film, walk, long soak in the bath, coffee with a friend, whether its 5 mins or 5 hrs.... go for it... xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hope everyone i ok, It feels odd being at home, Miss Hoodie and I should have been in Gambia, but we've postponed it...

Grandad Hoodie is doing well, he had a couple of little set backs, touch wood is bouncing back.

xxxx
  • Anglea
    Options
    Hi all

Thanks for the new challenge mum2one, and sending you and the family best wishes and this difficult time.

Re the handbag chore - I've had real difficulty adjusting since my favourite bag broke - I've tried out 3 different ones and still doesn't feel right - one was too big and I was losing thing, the other two are smaller and can't fit enough in.
  • Anglea
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I know it's been quiet on here but I hope you are all working towards your special occasions lists in the background.

I had an unsettling few months, out of the blue a cousin was diagnosed with cancer and died shortly after. She had always led an incredibly active life doing things that most of us haven't and it was an incredible shock to everyone how fast it happened.

I've got a couple of cards to send next month and want to find a special present, card (make or buy) for an online friend and I've also got other birthdays in June including mum.

My friend and I have decided to have a go baking to sell and thought we'd start at the WI as they have a good set up and take unsold stock to other markets and the Farmers ones too. I went to have a chat with them (we're not members) about how to go about it. So looks like we'll be experimenting with recipes and taking the required course.

Katiehound did you enjoy your cruise? Shame you're having to cancel others but your health is important.

Mum2one, how are things?

Crazy cat lady - how does it feel being home after your lovely holiday?

How is everyone else?
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    crazy-cat-lady_2 Posts: 435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 April 2016 at 5:38PM
    Options
    Anglea. I'm so sorry about your cousin. Such a shock when it's out of the blue like that. Hope you and your family are coping as well as can be expected.

Good luck with the baking. A friend of mine makes and sells celebration cakes. She makes some stunning ones. No idea how she decorates them so well. Mine would end up on cakewrecks.com do you need permits and special cover to sell to people? I only know there are guidelines about listing ingredients fully because of allergies and intelligences. Clueless about it beyond that.

I feel ok to be back. It was quite tiring actually, so in a way I was glad to be home. Hawaii was so beautiful. I just wish t were a few hours nearer. We were awake for around 35 hours from leaving to landing home and getting to bed. And not easy when I was 17 weeks pregnant and had a very bad back. (20 weeks now. Half way!!). Ended up with a chest infection again. I always seem to get one after long flights. 5th year on a run.
    But apart from all that whining, it was beautiful. Last holiday for a while with this one on the way.

My extra challenge to myself is to start getting a move on with buying baby bits. Anywhere I see offers I have a look a stock up on a few small things. I know Aldi have baby week next week and asda had theirs too.

On the general challenges, special occasions list and diary is all filled in. Cards for everything written and in the card folder. Just need to remember I've already written them and not write more. Baby brain isn't helping. I have a well stocked present cupboard to dive into.

Handbags are all sorted. Dug through the wardrobe to find the lesser used ones, all well as my favorites. Got back some long lost stationary and lip balms, also a small pile of change and other long lost items. As well as a huge pile of random paper and junk that seems to accumulate and no doubt will again.

Right. My evening is to be spend weeding and deadheading in my garden/jungle. So I can hopefully get it looking somewhere near presentable for summer.

Hope everyone is well.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I've not been in for a while.
    No excuse just quite busy and taking too much on.
    Hugs to everyone who's going through a rough time at the moment.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Anglea
    Options
    Hi again,

Mrs M, you'll have to give us an update when it's more convenient I've been wondering how you are doing. I hope you can stop yourself from overdoing it or it may take a toll on your health eventually. I know there are times we feel we have to do it and there doesn't seem to be a way around it. So no easy solutions unless there are ways you can take a good break for yourself.

Crazy cat lady - do you think it's the dry air on the plane that causes your chest infections? That was a very long time to be awake but I guess that it doesn't put you off holidays as it's been your 5th time.

You've done well with your cards.

I know just what you mean about finding a random pile of paper in the handbag. I also tend to get napkins and sugar/sweetener sachets as my friend always picks them up and put them in my bag for her to use at my house as I don't sweeten my drinks and tend to keep the sugar jar on a higher shelf and forget it's there.

I often have the sachets falling out of my bag when I've not realised they are there and I'm trying to find some money lol

For us to sell cakes we've got to do a special course and register with Environmental Health and follow the rules and regulations in a handbook, fill in paperwork about the products and package the items in certain ways that are necessary. This is for the W.I and also via the W.I stall at Farmers Markets. I don't know what other people have to do if they sell from home to the public.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure