Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Options

Comments

• bobbyhibs
    bobbyhibs Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hi
    and a mega thanks to vegasvisitor for taking the time and effort in doing this thread! it is aways appreaciated!
    At times in reading through the front page of the thread i sometimes i get super excited and think book up now now !!
    still in the research stage at the moment though
    kind regards to all !
  • lizzielie
    lizzielie Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Vegasvisior for this year' thread, and thanks to Secretmachine for the hard work :) One thing, Social Rewards is no longer, so maybe needs taking out from the 1st page (RIP SR, was fab as long as it lasted!).

Just over a month to go for hubby and me. Still not planned much, anyone find after a few trips it is less planning before heading off to Vegas?
  • mickthetrick
    Options
    yes. i dont really plan much. maybe book a show but thats it. i just go with the flow.
    im booked for later in the year. my wife looks at different things on her laptop but i just think about saving up for the trip!
  • gamboller
    gamboller Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    24 days and counting!

Anyone have a good resource for checking "the Big Game/Superbowl" parties. Prices of the ones I see seem to be gone up since I last attended one
  • katiekittykat
    Options
    Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but some of the rooms in the hotels on the strip are owned by individuals and they rent these out on Air B and B.

I am staying in The Signature at The MGM Grand in Sept for 18 nights and this has cost less than £1500 (so £750pp) and we don't have to pay resort fees for the stay which are approx $40 a day.

We have then booked this flights with Thomas Cook for £600 each so it has cost us in total £1350 each for 18 nights.

When we priced the whole trip with Thomas Cook they wanted £1900 per person so we have saved over £500 each plus the $40 a day resort fees

Hope that helps
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • stevenhp1987
    Options
    Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but some of the rooms in the hotels on the strip are owned by individuals and they rent these out on Air B and B.

I am staying in The Signature at The MGM Grand in Sept for 18 nights and this has cost less than £1500 (so £750pp) and we don't have to pay resort fees for the stay which are approx $40 a day.

We have then booked this flights with Thomas Cook for £600 each so it has cost us in total £1350 each for 18 nights.

When we priced the whole trip with Thomas Cook they wanted £1900 per person so we have saved over £500 each plus the $40 a day resort fees

Hope that helps

Please post a report on this when you get back!

I was tempted to get one of these rooms off AirBnB last time I went so would be nice to know how it is! I assumed the resort fee's were still payable...
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’ve heard conflicting reports about the resort fees with Airbnb. Some charge, some don’t.
  • Stew68
    Stew68 Posts: 814 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I stayed at the Signature last year through Air BNB, I didn't pay any resort fees and everything ran smoothly. I think the resort fees might be down to the individual renter. I rented through 'Cindy' if that helps anyone at all.
  • gamboller
    gamboller Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    gamboller wrote: »
    24 days and counting!

Anyone have a good resource for checking "the Big Game/Superbowl" parties. Prices of the ones I see seem to be gone up since I last attended one

Can anyone recall if myVegas ever does tickets for "The Big Game" under its special events category? Have about 6 rewards per account "bought" but probably only use 2 per account of the allocation of 3 so would refund some rewards if tickets to a Superbowl party came up under special events
  • katiekittykat
    katiekittykat Posts: 9,622 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Please post a report on this when you get back!

I was tempted to get one of these rooms off AirBnB last time I went so would be nice to know how it is! I assumed the resort fee's were still payable...

I will do, his listing states that no resort fees are payable just a $25 admin fee when we check out of the hotel
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure