Northern rock loan over £25,000

Options

Comments

• kaybo69
    kaybo69 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder if there will be a flood of people settling their loans now?
    I for one will be. The only reason I have been hanging on with the unsecured loan is so that if redress was paid out, it would go against the balance rather than a joint cheque being made out to me and my ex-wife - now THAT would be complicated as she would want half of it the stupid b!tch, even though I'm paying it off and she has never paid a penny towards it and she's the one who ran off with some d*ck and split up with him 6 months later and is absolutely on her !!!!! living back at her parents at 34 years of age ha ha !!
    Anyway, as it turns out I don't have to worry about that anymore and so I will be paying off the outstanding £7k and washing my hands of this awful God-foresaken product for good ! ....
    ......and her lol
  • Lippyx
    Lippyx Posts: 191 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck mate... Some of us have more than double of that left, and a lovely ex who refuses to pay, yet he's still living in the house the money went towards paying for!!

I guess we live and learn!!
  • kaybo69
    Options
    That sucks lippy, I could be in a whole lot more !!!! had the x's fella at the time got his dirty money grabbing hands on the proceeds from the sale of the matrimonial home. Luckily my in laws at the time made sure that didn't happen and I was able to clear £19k of the loan I would be up !!!!!! creak now had they not intervened so I thank my lucky Stars that something good came out of what was a crappy situation at the time.
  • Lippyx
    Options
    That was very nice of them!! You've been very lucky and wish you all the best. Hopefully I'll be there soon!
  • kaybo69
    Options
    Got my fingers crossed for you Lippy
    I had many a sleepless night over that loan, even before the split
  • keg1keg
    keg1keg Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys, ok just returned from my hols. What should I be doing ? Writing to Nram to complain about misrepresentation and ask to rescind the loan :p
  • Welsh_spoon
    Options
    Do we think there is a case for fraudulent misrepresentation - I don't think that would be time barred ?
  • Lippyx
    Options
    I think at the moment we are contacting Watch Dog (no one who has has heard anything back) and complain to NRAM about negligent misrepresentation as this has a 12 year time bar I believe. Also question how can we be covered by CCA and yet not claim for redress as that seems to be what they are telling us!
  • keg1keg
    keg1keg Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Ok, is this by email ? Who else has done/ is doing this. We need this to be everyone who feels they have been treated unfairly by NRAM and by the court case, for maximum impact ! I think we also need to look at an out of court settlement, whereby they take some (at least) responsibility and are flexible to avoid more bad press - for want of a better word a goodwill gesture ??? Dunno, just thinking of alternatives !
  • Lippyx
    Options
    keg1keg wrote: »
    Ok, is this by email ? Who else has done/ is doing this. We need this to be everyone who feels they have been treated unfairly by NRAM and by the court case, for maximum impact ! I think we also need to look at an out of court settlement, whereby they take some (at least) responsibility and are flexible to avoid more bad press - for want of a better word a goodwill gesture ??? Dunno, just thinking of alternatives !

Could email, I have a contact there so might email him. Asking for out of court settlement is a good idea but it would only work if NRAM knew we had a case
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure