Extending our house without extending ourselves beyond our means

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Evening diary world :hello:

It's been a few days... busy here. Work crazy last week, hoping this week will be a bit quieter.
    Been using up freezer bits and put a couple of odd portions of things in for lunches at work. Using stuff up has meant our food bill is less this month, which is also good news as it's easy to get out of control :o

Made 'fake it' he1nz tomato soup which included a pickled onion! Slightly odd ingredients but tasted great! Have a portion for lunch tomorrow.

Used a chicken breast for roast dinner as I didn't have any cooked roast meat in. Worked well and helped with the chicken overload in the freezer :D

I've also started knitting. I do hope it looks ok. It may take a while, I think I may have been rather ambitious for a first project, but, I'm 7 rows in and I've managed two button holes (intentionally :rotfl:)
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good luck with the knitting project.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Another week seems to have passed, this week has been crazy busy. Some good things on the money front:

£10 voucher received from surveys, will go towards door handle for next door
    One fleabay item sold, must list some more
    £3 p1necone done and redeemed
    £8 pr0lific waiting to clear/cash out

Did a relatively big shop as DH discount was extended for a short time, shopping budget ended well for October, albeit used up lots in freezer so that's good.

Busy weekend, DDs in two performances today which will keep me occupied all day until late. Tomorrow will definitely be low key (so all in all it should be a cheap weekend)
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 November 2016 at 6:14AM
    Options
    Another 4 weeks has passed so it's pay day tomorrow :j time to review how we've done:

Paid £300 for some work at rental house, used cash not card
    Savings continue to increase, EF at 65% and other savings at 53%
    Stripped DD room and removed built in wardrobe
    Plasterer booked for a months time
    Man coming tomorrow to fit skirting boards - will be able to fund from 'house pot' rather than savings
    Carpets picked, just need to book, will be new year
    Sold a couple of things on fleabay - need to get some more listed
    Received £10 voucher from surveys and several £ from others
    Nearly finished Christmas shopping from budget
    Debts on 0% continue to decrease as per the plan
    Account still (just) in credit
    Signed up for new CC for online use only but one that gives rewards too :D

All in all, very pleased with that :D
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    So skirting finally done in lounge, he couldn't finish dining room as we needed a bit more, have duly ordered and he will pop back next week. Means I can now order flooring :D won't be done for Christmas but will be early Jan and tbh I'm not one of these people who 'needs' things done for Christmas, what difference does it make we've waited this long :rotfl: plus it gives us a bit more time to touch up paint and stain the skirting before flooring arrives.

Nearly at £30 on 1poll, feels so much nearer to £40 than something that starts with a 2 ;) also got £3 on p1necone and am waiting for £6 something in PayPal from pr0lif1c and have another £5 waiting to clear. Done 3 1p0s this week too :D

Must list a few bits on fleabay just for a final push of declutter before Christmas. As in January we'll have a big wardrobe and hopefully 4 different chest of drawers to go on there too, which should go towards a new wardrobe. Need to get another box from loft as dd1 has had (yet another) growth spurt so has a load more clothes that need to go up in loft.

DDs at swimming so just enjoying a peaceful half hour :T
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed your 'me' time this morning :)

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    How is it Thursday already :eek:

Managed a few surveys this week, including a £5 pr0lif1c one :D
    Just logged on to withdraw £3 from paypal and there is £5.14 in there, so moved it all to savings :)
    had a busy Sunday out in the garden as it was so lovely and mild, so did lots of tidying away for winter. Still have some more to do but definitely broke the back of it. DH did loads of cooking whilst I was outside, and I made 2 batches of filled bread roll swirls (think savoury Chelsea buns) with left overs, some have been eaten, some in freezer. Continue with big freezer use up and trying some new meals which is always good.

Last of skirting been fitted tomorrow, will need to go and get a stain/wax over the weekend - reminds me to lad up discount card from work as its 12% at BandQ until Sunday (but can be used anytime after that)

CC1 has arrived, which is our spend for reward and pay off account :D But we applied for one for DH too (to pay off and build his credit worthiness) and they were rubbish (understatement), chased again today only to say they still haven;t received paperwork (I know I sent it about 4 weeks ago) and that the application had expired now so he'll have to start again. Might just give it up as a bad job, not essential.

Right, must go get DD from school disco. PF
  • Bobarella
    Options
    We have a school disco tommorow. hope your DD had fun.

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Sunday night, really - how did that happen :eek: lovely day again, were really making the most of not going out Sunday's :rotfl: DH did loads of cooking again whilst I sorted lots, completely emptied one chest of drawers (which can go on FB for sale) and sorted a big pile of papers/drawings and other things. Some went in recycling, rest was scored in respective 'keepsake' boxes in loft. Have huge pile of clothes to be saved for DD2 (just need to acquire plastic box with lid) then they can go in loft too

Cleaned bathroom and also window in our bedroom, had some mould and other stuff growing :eek:

Used a present from stash for a party DD went to this afternoon. Bought a huge pork joint which we roasted. Loads left, will be sliced for freezer for future 'quick' roasts. Plus 2 extra weeks of yourshire puds done and frozen whilst oven was on.

Lovely weekend all round.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Sounds a great Sunday. I can't wait till Christmas now for the break, I'm usually working at the weekends at the moment and next weekend am in both days. Then 1 day per weekend up to Christmas. But that said I can't complain for the money.

I am quite militant about keeping school stuff. I used to try and photograph the items instead of keeping the physical item. Otherwise you need an extension just for that lot :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure