Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• Brodiebobs
    Brodiebobs Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CathT wrote: »
    He was an irresponsible grown up Jimmy and put half a tank on the cc! I used to put £5 a week in my first micra, petrol was 79.9p a litre then.

Everyday food spends currently going on cc to keep current account in credit, £12 left in there. We are not too far off payday so not too worried.

It is our wedding anniversary today and we kept it cheap! No cards exchanged (dh refused to do this on Valentine!!!8217;s Day) and I got him a ticket to a local event he wanted to go to so he is really pleased with that and only £15 spent.

Will try and mostly eat from the freezer this week. Need to get some steak out for dinner tomorrow and there is plenty of other stuff in there. Will just need a top up shop of fruit and fridge items.

10k steps hit each day and finding it easier each time. Just need to make more of an effort to get up earlier to get plenty done before work (5k would be ideal).

Happy Anniversary!!

How do you do so many steps i struggle to get 5k a day, never mind before breakfast!
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Brodiebobs, I step on the spot and walk up and down kitchen. Can get a few steps in dashing around the office but otherwise I am sat at a desk or in my car. I just make a really conscious effort, my steps used to be abysmal.

50p on yougov yesterday so will check available surveys again in the morning. Need to work out recent cc spends, thankfully car passed mot so just £40 spent on the test. Just spent £23 on cinema tickets for us all tomorrow then the children have free passes for a trampoline place nearby.

Got home to an amazing dinner cooked by dh, steak with roasted veg, sweet potato wedges and peppercorn sauce. Have tried to eat lots of protein today so I can have wine this evening :) he has also bought me some lilies and roses so I have put them in one vase and it is a lovely display which makes me smile when I see them.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • CathT
    Options
    I logged my wine into MFP last night so I could still track, DH drank the rest. He is still in bed :eek::rotfl:I have been to check on him but think he might feel rough when he wakes up so have left him there! Washing machine on, one bed stripped, recycling out, generally tidied up and account checked so far. 'Found' £68 in dh bills account, I'd messed it up last month and over compensated this month I think.His pension doesn't go out until after payday so I have transferred it back into current account.

25 points on y0ugov this morning, 40p tilly tidy and listed 2 items on 3bay. Best not peak too soon :D
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wishing you a belated happy anniversary cath :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    Options
    Happy belated anniversary CathT. :)
  • CathT
    Options
    Thanks both, next year is 15 years so hopefully we will celebrate in style!

Had a much needed relaxing Sunday. Yesterday was busy and tiring as we went to see the new Peter Rabbit film which was fab and then went to a trampolining place nearby. I was starting to flag so I came home after cinema and dh had a lift back with the children. Not sure if my iron is dipping again but I felt quite odd. Anyway, after sleeping for almost 11 hours last night I feel good today. It snowed last night so football was cancelled (so I have overpaid the £2). Sadly it didn't effect the end date but it will have contributed!

DH went to @rgos to collect a lightshade for ds bedroom an some towels. I believe I am at time in my life where I have earned colour co-ordinated towels! This was all paid with vouchers but didn't have enough for the shower room ones so will get that when the rest arrive (should have £70 on the way). The vouchers will also need to be spent on a microwave as ours smelt of burning earlier so is out of action. We will have to go back to basics for a while to heat things up.

Listed two items on 3bay yesterday and one has already had 2 bids and is sitting at £26 so that will be a nice sum of money when the auction ends. The items were really quick to list so maybe I will find a bit of 3bay mojo at long last.

One more week for us and then it is Easter holidays which I can't quite believe especially as it's still freezing! Hoping it warms up so we can use our NT passes and get plenty of fresh air as young children with cabin fever is not ideal.

I'm off now for a de-caff coffee and two of my lindt chocolates which I have managed to fit into todays macros whilst watching Str@nger Things.
  • CathT
    Options
    Quick post from me as I am exhausted.

Still plodding on, current account remains in credit as we survive the last couple of days before payday. No major food spends and actually dont seem to have been near the supermarket much lately. Macros and steps hit and losing lbs!

In an effort to be positive I have done a load of washing with the intention of hanging it on the line before work. No doubt I will freeze whilst doing so but I am hopeful the day will warm up and the clothes will dry!

Have a y0ugov survey available but it will have to wait until tomorrow as I do not have energy left for today!

Tried to salvage the microwave today but a patch I tried to rub a burn off removed the top layer of the microwave! I was positive i would be able to save us some money! Anyhow, more vouchers arrived so now have £30 for @rgos. Have another £50 on the way but will just pay the £15 difference and dh will pick up a new microwave tomorrow.

£25 cheque also written for childcare for the holidays. I still need to pay £70 football and swimming fees (forgotten amount as it is too scary!)
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We have a microwave clinging onto existence and now I'm certain our dishwasher picks its own program! Houses are conspiring against us!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • CathT
    Options
    I was convinced I would be able to salvage it. Am just grateful we have had £150 vouchers just for recommending the company that are doing our PPI claim for us as the vouchers are well timed.

It is almost payday:j. 45p tilly tidy made today and played around with the spreadsheet a little. Another OP of £310 would knock a month off the end date. Another 50p survey on y0ugov today too.

Still very focused on my nutrition and exercise and seeing progress which is motivating. I am really in the zone at the moment and would quite like to stay there!
  • CathT
    Options
    Payday has arrived so am hoping to squeeze a decent overpayment out of it. However we do have swimming lessons and holiday club fees due. Need to check accounts again this evening and set some budgets. We are on school holidays now and with lots of potential plans it could prove to be expensive if we join in with everything! Dh is already planning to take ds to the cinema tomorrow.

Popped to garden centre on way home and bought two lovely planters one of which is for my mum. Resisted some sale items including a fake orchid for £10 which I only picked up as it was reduced from £80!

Quite evening planning with no wine (so far). I!!!8217;m shattered despite going to bed at 8:30 last night so going to finish off my steps before fatigue well and truly sets in.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback