Alliance & Leicester (merged)

Options

Comments

• MandyMS_2
    MandyMS_2 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    dj9928 wrote: »
    A BBC news reporter has been in contact looking to do a story on my A+L claim and the way it was suspended etc here in Northern Ireland, should I or shouldn't I? I mean could it affect my claim in any way?
    If you have got the guts go for it, I don't think it could harm your case, if anything I would say it would enhance it.

Good luck:money:
    :j :j :j :j
  • csa
    csa Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    After sending off my template letter listing my overdraft charges I have recieved a letter back from A&L stating that charges have been applied correctly in line with the T&C's of my account and they are unable to agree a refund.

Is this the standard letter other people receive or am I in the wrong? Not sure whether to take this further or not.

thanks
  • seboyle20
    seboyle20 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    A BBC news reporter has been in contact looking to do a story on my A+L claim and the way it was suspended etc here in Northern Ireland, should I or shouldn't I? I mean could it affect my claim in any way?

hey DJ,

I'll back you up if you want to go ahead wiv it.

PM about it if you like. it sounds interesting

Sarah
  • MimiJane
    MimiJane Posts: 7,963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

What is it they say ... "any publicity is good publicity", except in the case of the banks of course, who just don't want it:rolleyes:

I would say this could be a good chance for you to get your point(s) across.

Have you asked for feedback on the CAG site yet? It'd be interesting to get their feedback on this as well and you may well get some help.

Let us know what you decide to doicon7.gif
    Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • MimiJane
    MimiJane Posts: 7,963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    arkwright2 wrote: »
    :j Thought I would share my joy with you that I received a letter from Liverpool County Court saying A&L Commercial Bank have paid the sum due to me - the full claim of £3134.64 (£2307 bank charges, £652.64 interest, £175 court fees). Under the Insolvency Act 1986, the court has to keep the money for 14 days, but I don't think anything can go wrong now, can it? (Apart from A&L writing to say they don't want me as a customer anymore, which I shall dispute if it comes to that).

I'm rather fortunate that my case slipped through their nets and they filed their intention to defend a day too late :D I'm not sure if using A&L's Bootle address helped in delaying their legal team, which I think is in Leicester, getting enough time to put in their defence, but it may have been a factor.

Good luck to all you who haven't had it as straightforward as me.

Terrific ... I'm delighted for youicon7.gif

Let's hope they start delving into the coffers and forking out more chunks of money in the (very) near future!
    Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • arkwright2
    arkwright2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    csa wrote: »
    After sending off my template letter listing my overdraft charges I have recieved a letter back from A&L stating that charges have been applied correctly in line with the T&C's of my account and they are unable to agree a refund.

Is this the standard letter other people receive or am I in the wrong? Not sure whether to take this further or not.

thanks

That seems to be the same letter most people, including me, have received from A&L - just the first step in the dance. They're just trying to put you off claiming. Use the next template letter, telling them that if you don't receive a full refund in 14 days, you'll start court proceedings.
  • emilyctn
    Options
    Just to say, don't be too alarmed by the Lloyds TSB ruling. I filed my claim with the county court last week and two days later received A&L's acknowledgement and a letter saying they intended to defend the case. In the same post I got a cheque for £384, covering my claim and court fees from them.
  • madjj111
    madjj111 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    hello mate,

i am also tryin to claim my fee's back from first trust bank in northern ireland, i wud advise u speaking to the reporter, if you want i wud be happy for him to speak to me, my email address is jimmadden5@yahoo.co.uk although it may be better to remain anonomyous.

the banks will not enjoy the bad publicity!!

go for it and give my details if he needs more examples

after all - this is your money you are asking for back, the banks are getting away with far to much and need this kick up the back side!!

cheers

jim
  • EssexGuy_2
    EssexGuy_2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi ladies and gents,

Could anyone assist me with a query? I have used MCOL to try and reclaim £2790 in bank charges from Alliance & Leicester.

I recently took them through the court process however they did not acknowledge the claim within th 14days and I have requested judgement by default.

This was accepted, judgement was entered on 15th May 2007 and the order was sent to the defendant.

Does anyone know the timescales as to what happens next? and how I should expect to recieved payment?

Any help is much appreciated!
  • Becks_in_Debt
    Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6675823.stm

a newly qualifield barrister is in court today with Natwest, fingers crossed he wins, got to look good because of his proffession
    Experian credit score as of Feb 2016 - 116
    [STRIKE]Final payment towards council tax arrears (was £417) Feb 2016
    Final payment towards Vanquis Bank (CCJ - was £287) Feb 2016[/STRIKE]
    NRAM (arrears £ )
    Accenden (arrears £7505, payment plan £600 p/m)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure