All 4 and 4 HD leaving Freesat

Options
Just had an email from Freesat stating that All 4 and 4 HD are leaving Freesat on Feb 22nd (yes 2 days away). Any recordings set for these channels will need to changed.

Comments

• Peter999_2
    Peter999_2 Posts: 989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 February 2018 at 1:54PM
    Options
    Do we know if it is just Freesat or Freeview as well?

Link here :

https://www.freesat.co.uk/news/all4-4hd-leave-freesat/?dm_i=4I9I,6ZTF,2W60BB,R8DJ,1
  • SavingWolf
    Options
    I've just had the same email, seems a bit of an odd decision to me...

I was hoping to see more channels moving to HD rather than going back to SD!
  • puballday
    Options
    Same here. Freesat is dead for me and has been for over a year. Went back to $ky at 75% off but now they wont budge above 50% (costing £19 month for box sets entertainment). All I wanted was documentaries. Was going to give my humax 1100s another go and try the new tvplayer app - but whats the point? Honestly might go youview route with plusnet and just pay 11 quid month plus tje 60 quid for yet another new box :( ...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Am I reading that right? Will there be no catch-up for any channel that belongs to 4 on Freesat?
  • puballday
    Options
    Its just the HD Channels thats going. Will still be on freeview though!
  • puballday
    Options
    Oh wait, looks like your right colin! all4 is the channel 4 catch up app so looks like that is going!
  • JRytter
    Options
    I've only just dug my freesat box back out since moving house, literally 1 week ago! I thought there would be more channels available in HD now, not the beginning of an exodus! I wish there was a full statement somewhere that said why it was 'leaving'. The wording on the website states it looks forward to it return...? In this day and age of 4K and upwards, it's amazing that all channels are not in HD as an absolute minimum. Other than the bandwidth required, I can't see why this is not already so and don't get me started on differing prices if you rent in SD or HD!!! WTH???!!:angry::angry::angry::angry::sad::sad::sad::cry::cry:
  • Peter999_2
    Options
    I tweeted Freeview and they replied :

"We have no information to say that this channel will be leaving the Freeview TV platform."
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It will be Sky!!!8217;s fault. C4 is a public service channel so that e should t. R allowed to happen. Tbh the all4 app is crap and with too many adverts so I won!!!8217;t miss that. Will miss c4hd though.
  • Peter999_2
    Options
    Apparently Channel 4 are blaming it on the restructuring of payments by Freesat. They say it has massively increased the costs to them.

http://www.seenit.co.uk/channel-4-pulls-hd-and-catch-up-app-from-freesat/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport