IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Owner left site - UKPC and Debt Recovery Plus Ltd

Options

Comments

• mr_grumpy_6
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how this company provides the 'burden of proof' that you actually left the site? In particular, are there parking attendants taking photos or videos of people and their children?
  • Spartacus_Mills
    Options
    mr_grumpy wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how this company provides the 'burden of proof' that you actually left the site? In particular, are there parking attendants taking photos or videos of people and their children?

They don't. That is not what the scam is about. They rely on compliance and intimidation. They do not care that much about proving it as it will never get to a court of law.
    "There's no such thing as Macra. Macra do not exist."
    "I could play all day in my Green Cathedral".
    "The Centuries that divide me shall be undone."
    "A dream? Really, Doctor. You'll be consulting the entrails of a sheep next. "
  • larryuk
    larryuk Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    Just thought I'd add a quick reply to state that nothing has ever come of this. No more letters or any kind of communication. Funny that, bearing in mind they were days away from sending the bailiffs! Crooks!
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Glad to hear they gave up as they always do.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You must be really proud of yourself committing all of those speeding offences and putting peoples lives at risk! Although, like most of the statements made on this forum its probably not true is it?

Has anyone on here actually boasted about getting away with speeding fines? If you care to actually read this thread you will see it's about unenforceable private parking tickets, nothing else.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    You must be really proud of yourself committing all of those speeding offences and putting peoples lives at risk! Although, like most of the statements made on this forum its probably not true is it?

What are you on??? Since when has leaving a car safely parked in a car park been a problem with speeding??? Are you posting on the correct forum?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • euan.pyper
    Options
    Orford wrote: »
    No, first they have to take you to court, then they have to win, then you have 28 days to pay. If you don't pay, only then would it affect your credit rating.

My wife received a parking fine from "Town & City Parking Ltd" - I think a private company. This was for parking in a Parent and Child bay. She parked there for about 20 minutes and did so as a result of her car being damaged on a previous occasion in a normal bay, which has less surrounding space. She has ignored the initial ticket, then received a solicitor's letter giving 7 days notice and today was threatened with legal proceedings if she didn't pay up in 7 days. I would be obliged if someone could advise, based on a similar incident i.e. Mother and Child bay situation.

Thanks
  • trisontana
    Options
    euan.pyper wrote: »
    My wife received a parking fine from "Town & City Parking Ltd" - I think a private company. This was for parking in a Parent and Child bay. She parked there for about 20 minutes and did so as a result of her car being damaged on a previous occasion in a normal bay, which has less surrounding space. She has ignored the initial ticket, then received a solicitor's letter giving 7 days notice and today was threatened with legal proceedings if she didn't pay up in 7 days. I would be obliged if someone could advise, based on a similar incident i.e. Mother and Child bay situation.

Thanks

Just keep ignoring. Mother and Child bays have no basis in law. They are just a marketing ploy by the supermarket. They could have just as well put up a sign saying "reserved for people called Kevin" . That's how silly they are.
  • trisontana
    Options
    Pay the ticket. You wife took up a space that is inteneded to provide for someone with a toddler. It is difficult and dangerous for people with children to walk thru a car park with toddlers. That is why bays are provided for parent and toddlers. Everyday I see cars, vans etc parked in these bays. Would you people prefer parking anarchy where people park anywhere they like for however long they like? Probably!

No you don't have to pay. You have done nothing wrong and the parking company cannot just charge you a penalty for breaking their "rules." If they could they would be taking many more people to court. They know they can't win that's why they always back down.

And just ignore Shaun Goater. He probably works for a private parking company.
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Don't feed the goat!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts