Northern rock loan over £25,000

Options

Comments

• lazer-zxr
    Options
    si2winit wrote: »
    Looking at it I would agree, all quiet on the western front and seems to be a lost cause. Paid off my loan now. Bitten the bullet and going to try and move on.

Same here, bit the bullet, paid the loan off, time to forget about it I feel.
  • downhiller
    Options
    this is interesting

I'm going through a title transfer at the moment to get my ex wife off the mortgage. Various bits of paper flying about but I've been sent something today specifically for the unsecured portion.

At the top it says

"Agreement modifying a credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974"

Which seems insane given my original agreement wasn't regulated despite it saying it was! Even now they still can't get it right.
  • Lippyx
    Lippyx Posts: 191 Forumite
    Options
    Wish I could pay off the damn loan. Stuck with it for another 7 years at moment.... no thanks (or help) from the ex.... I shouldn't be surprised really!!
  • IainHL
    IainHL Posts: 226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    downhiller wrote: »
    this is interesting

I'm going through a title transfer at the moment to get my ex wife off the mortgage. Various bits of paper flying about but I've been sent something today specifically for the unsecured portion.

At the top it says

"Agreement modifying a credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974"

Which seems insane given my original agreement wasn't regulated despite it saying it was! Even now they still can't get it right.
    If you are not already in contact with Paul at Howlett Clark I suggest you should, he may be interested in seeing that document.
  • bigbadwolf500
    Options
    Hi, anybody else on here going to be one of the initial test cases? They are offering it on a no win, no fee basis but you have to pay an upfront disbursement charge (5%) of claim and ?possibly NRAMs legal fees if the case loses. I have the instruction forms signed and ready to go, but a little worried by upfront costs and potential losses.
  • nickyc1
    nickyc1 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, I have also been selected for one of the initial test cases, I'll send you a PM to discuss
  • pt2537
    pt2537 Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It may seemed to have gone quiet, but it hasnt, i can assure you of that.

Letters of claim have been issued, legal proceedings have been commenced, but sadly as you will all no doubt understand we cant talk about individual cases subject to litigation.

There was a period recently where i had to take time off work due to my sons ill health, so that also slowed things down.

We have just recently sent out an update to everyone who registered with our NRAM email address. So those who registered will be uptodate.

We havent forgotten about this, we have a team working on these claims, please bear with us though as legal action is a marathon not a sprint.
  • pt2537
    pt2537 Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, anybody else on here going to be one of the initial test cases? They are offering it on a no win, no fee basis but you have to pay an upfront disbursement charge (5%) of claim and ?possibly NRAMs legal fees if the case loses. I have the instruction forms signed and ready to go, but a little worried by upfront costs and potential losses.
    If youre concerned you should be speaking to us about your concerns.

We have a team who can deal with any concerns you may have :)
  • nickyc1
    nickyc1 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    That link does not seem to work?

And when was the update sent as I have not received anything?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure