Branded Surveys (formerly MintVine) - survey sites discussion

Options

Comments

• nandrews
    nandrews Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MintVine seems to be the best and the worst combined.
    I am annoyed by many survey sites which seem to regard respondents as mere numbers to be tossed around. But MintVine is the nadir! I find no logic to their offerings and it seems they throw any old invites to me and more often than not immediately reject me as "not suitable"!
    It is most frustrating to keep responding and being rejected out of hand.
    But having said that, of those sites I use, they do seem to be the most frequent and abundant payers!
    I take my points in Amazon Vouchers and have received (or will with the last) £60 since the beginning of the year. I suppose I should grateful and maybe they know that's the rate and are happy with the way the site works.
    I occasionally let them know how often I am being rejected, which helps to keep me calm!
  • dave2319
    dave2319 Posts: 546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    MintVine says they're requiring our address soon but if we enter it now we can get 10 points.
    Says the offer lasts a week, but probably now just a few days.
  • derekdezerian
    Options
    After having over 1000 points approved, I clicked to withdraw to paypal, and after a day the payment was rejected with no explanation. After sending an email, I received an automated reply saying they would get back to me within three days. That was over three weeks ago. I still haven't been paid, and I still have over 1500 cleared points with no way to withdraw them, and many more pending points that should have cleared over a month ago. A horrific waste of time.
  • dave2319
    Options
    I'd chase them up, Derek.
    Given that all points from completed surveys have to be approved, presumably it wasn't an issue with your survey responses, so perhaps the problem was just in processing the payout. For example, they require PayPal accounts to be verified. Even if yours is, I'd definitely chase it up. Maybe send them a message on Twitter or something as well, if you're on there.
  • dave2319
    Options
    MintVine now says next daily poll at 2pm PST - 10pm in the UK.

Not sure if it only changed today but just noticed it.
    Lucky. Wouldn't have got the streak if I'd left it till my usual time.
  • dave2319
    Options
    Now they've changed the new poll time again, so it's 2pm GMT. (6am PST)
    Given the time difference and the alteration, I wonder if that's what they'd intended last week!
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 24 March 2017 at 4:42PM
    Options
    Where it shows what surveys you've done, does anyone know what it means when it says OQ in the Result column.

Today, I did a survey for 200 points. However, at the end of the survey, it just went to another survey instead of showing a message saying the survey is completed. And the main screen says 'Pending 0', so the survey isn't pending approval.
  • dave2319
    Options
    OQ stands for Over Quantity, so too many people with similar demographics have already completed the survey.
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    dave2319 wrote: »
    OQ stands for Over Quantity, so too many people with similar demographics have already completed the survey.

So they don't pay for it even though I completed the survey?
  • dave2319
    Options
    Yes, unfortunately that's right.

Crazy when any site lets you get well into the survey, or complete it, and then says it's met the quota so you don't get paid. They should do something about that, since it's a real turn-off.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback