EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Options

Comments

• Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hi EH, as my DD would say 'found you!' just off to subscribe
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well hello kitchen twin (sort of). I think we have a similar kitchen, high gloss cream and we have the same tiles and chrome or silver appliances. That might be where the similarities end. Our work surface is horrid and it's been finished badly.

It has made me wonder if new work surfaces is all I need though, yours looks ace!
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • mizmir
    mizmir Posts: 3,710 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Wow - just seen the kitchen (and the getting there pics) - seriously impressed. Looks great but I don't envy you living through it!
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Hope you're having a blast!
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Enjoyed it aside from the weather! Friday night was ridiculously windy and has seriously affected the photos which is a shame. Saturday was just unpleasantly wet - we spent half the afternoon sheltering from it but thankfully the skies finally cleared and sun came out just in time for the Reds display which always helps!

Glad you enjoyed it, i did live ten mins drive away from it.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    How are things going?
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 August 2017 at 1:01PM
    Options
    boxofpaws wrote: »
    Well hello kitchen twin (sort of). I think we have a similar kitchen, high gloss cream and we have the same tiles and chrome or silver appliances. That might be where the similarities end. Our work surface is horrid and it's been finished badly.

It has made me wonder if new work surfaces is all I need though, yours looks ace!

If everything else still looks good and works, that might well be a good compromise Paws!
    mizmir wrote: »
    Wow - just seen the kitchen (and the getting there pics) - seriously impressed. Looks great but I don't envy you living through it!

Haha thank you - yes, it was certainly an interesting few (many!) weeks!
    Hope you're having a blast!

Twas fab - thanks lovely! xx
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How are things going?

Hi Misty! Thanks for popping by!

Yes - all good here just busy - I knew this month was going to be chaotic, and currently September is looking similar! :o Beer festival went swimmingly - great fun, good beer on our bar, lots of fabulous people, all good. :D Last week saw me pop up to Cromer on Wednesday for a Reds display, come back via Norwich and spend a frightening amount of money on the upgrade to my lens (all saved for and planned mind you) and then Thursday > Sunday was Eastbourne & Biggin Hill airshows. it was having 4 days of shows over the weekend that spurred me on to get the lens sorted to be honest - just felt sensible to do it at a time when I'd have the best opportunity to get to grips with it.

Back at work my usual 4 days this week but off to Devon to visit family tomorrow evening for the Bank Holiday weekend - and handily enough there is a Reds display at Sidmouth on Friday evening so I shall be popping up to that! :T :D

Extracted the last of this month's money (well all bar £10) from the bank machine this morning to cover weekend costs.

Bank all looks good - we had a regular saver come to term last week so £250 of the balance from that has been used to open the new Reg Saver and the balance including the interest has been transferred to the ISA. Annoyingly they've reduced the amount you can put in the Reg Savers to £250 a month now though. :( I still need to sort the last odds and ends out on the credit card bill too - must try to remember to do that at lunchtime.

Been totally neglectful of all survey sites apart from Prolific but currently have £8 payable and £7 odd pending on there so hopefully will manage to get to another £10 against the card this month. Really need to get back to focusing on the survey stuff again - it makes such a difference but it's tricky when life is busy! :o
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    enjoy your time away EH
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your holiday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback