The Ultimate Incentive muddles along

Options

Comments

• clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Dinah93 wrote: »
    Wow, fast decision on DLA - approved for another 2 years. Massive weight off my mind. Been up most of the night with her being sick, coughing, retching, know the lungs aren't in particularly bad shape because of yesterday's appointment either. The idea I'd have needed to find more daytime work, when she has several appointments a week and we're up half the nights was starting to worry me. Can finalise the SOA now too.

Delighted to hear about the DLA decision. Poor Grace. Hope she us feeling better soon x
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well done on kicking the diet coke habit, I switched from red coke to diet just for the calorie save but I've had the worst headaches! Cut it out of my diet completely today, so hoping the headache slowly fades away.

Couldn't you arrange an uber or a lift for the builder? Surely the cost of that would outweigh the hours work lost?

So glad you heard back about Grace's DLA so quickly, must be a relief :) And really lovely of your friend to help out with Ben on those mornings you need it, hows he doing??

Started calling places to move things over to the new house yesterday, we're going to be without internet/tv until the 20th and I'm looking forward to being disconnected for a while. Well, bar being cut off from Wreck it Ralph who is essentially a third parent at the moment.
  • clearmydebts
    Options
    Cinny91 wrote: »
    Well done on kicking the diet coke habit, I switched from red coke to diet just for the calorie save but I've had the worst headaches! Cut it out of my diet completely today, so hoping the headache slowly fades away.

Couldn't you arrange an uber or a lift for the builder? Surely the cost of that would outweigh the hours work lost?

So glad you heard back about Grace's DLA so quickly, must be a relief :) And really lovely of your friend to help out with Ben on those mornings you need it, hows he doing??

Started calling places to move things over to the new house yesterday, we're going to be without internet/tv until the 20th and I'm looking forward to being disconnected for a while. Well, bar being cut off from Wreck it Ralph who is essentially a third parent at the moment.

Did ye buy a new house Cinny? I can't drink diet Coke. Only the full-fat for me
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Looks like the builder is coming a week later than expected (story of builders really) but probably the Thursday evening rather than Friday morning which is great, means he can meet with building control on the Friday and actually get it all sorted and signed off.

Little guy is good Cinny, thanks for asking? How is yours doing? He had his settling in session at school nursery today, cried and ran off and hid under the slide when I said we needed to leave.

Found somewhere that will take his 15 hours free flexibly - the pre-school attached to the school. Not the most exciting setting as it's basically one room in a portacabin, but the staff seem friendly and they had lots of activities set up for today. I'm still waiting to hear back from a fantastic forest school type setting we saw before Easter, they haven't decided how the hours can be used there, however I think the pre-school would be the easiest option and he'd be perfectly happy there if the forest school can't be as flexible.

Bad day for NIM. Talk of redundancies at his level. Serious talk. We're going to do some job applications tonight. He's only been there a year, although in all honesty he's settled a lot better to the analyst side of the role than the management side.

We're down to one computer at the moment and to say it's a pain in the neck is an understatement. I need to be lesson planning, advertising, doing coursework any minute I can. Unfortunately if the kids are out/asleep he usually wants the laptop as well.

Paid £540 off a credit card today (That was about £400 over the limit :() - meant to pay off £450 but clearly I mistyped. Need to work out how much I need leaving in the bills account to cover the bills for the rest of the month then anything that comes in past that I know I can safely pay straight off somewhere.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's good news about the DLA. Hope little Grace is feeling better soon as well.

Not good potential news about NIMs job though. Hope he can find something else if it is bad news .

I ended up buying myself a take away pizza last night as my ocado shop was late but the driver did give me a couple of quid back on top of the bags i delivered so not all bad.

Very proud mum after parents evening yesterday as Poppy seems to be doing really well. Also went to watch her assembly this morning which was very sweet.
  • Dinah93
    Options
    Well done Poppy! Lovely news
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Dinah93
    edited 6 July 2017 at 12:33PM
    Options
    • Tidy bedroom
    • Complete assignment 3
    • Complete assignment 4
    • Complete assignment 5
    • Do any alterations from weekends coursework
    • Order NIM flyers
    • NIM uniform tax claim
    • Send letter to schools In progress, most letters printed, signed, in addressed envelopes. 7 envelopes currently addressed but empty as the printer won't accept our A4 paper is A4...
    • Get knee x-ray
    • Refund Monday morning customers
    • Email forum/call David Lloyd
    • Reply to booking survey
    • Do list of all charges for L&G
    • Sort FBA issues In progress
    • 2016-2017 Tax Return
    • Tax credits renewal
    • Send June invoices
    • Call hotel re pool hire again
    • Find somewhere for phone and computer repairs
      [STRIKE]
    • Plan this week's lessons[/STRIKE]
    • Return lights to Wickes
      [STRIKE]
    • Pay pregnancy training installment [/STRIKE]
    • Pay room hire for 2 studios for July
    • Sort out AO microwave Tried, need NIM as paid on his card
    • Reply to all business emails
    • Order contacts
    • Collect new phone
    • Book London train tickets
    • Investigate Amazon fullfillment printing

£785.94 paid off so far in July. Not too shabby for the 5th!

Covering for another teacher tomorrow, first class is 7.15am so need to leave here by 6.45... I always wonder why I offer to do this one because I like my bed far too much at that time of day. Then I remember. Debt the size of a small mortgage and drag myself out of bed for the £25.
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    At least you won't have to worry about leaving him there, it sounds like he loves the place!

Feel absolutely awful for NIM, seems like just as he gets settled somewhere that the rug gets pulled out from under him! Couldn't he do something like matched betting to bridge the gap or would that be too difficult to juggle with only having one computer?

Its great you've got an end date in sight for the house. Is the plan to still move or will you wait until you've cleared the debt to give you more wiggle room?

You must be proud over Poppy, Wendz! She's always come across as a smart kid in the way you talk about her :)

We did buy the house, CMD :) Shipped Oscar off to my parents for a sleepover so we can finish packing tonight ready to load the van up tomorrow!
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck with the move Cinny.

Hope the wake up wasn't too bad Dinah. Hard to get up but you are right it's worth it for the debt etc.
  • clearmydebts
    Options
    Cinny91 wrote: »
    At least you won't have to worry about leaving him there, it sounds like he loves the place!

Feel absolutely awful for NIM, seems like just as he gets settled somewhere that the rug gets pulled out from under him! Couldn't he do something like matched betting to bridge the gap or would that be too difficult to juggle with only having one computer?

Its great you've got an end date in sight for the house. Is the plan to still move or will you wait until you've cleared the debt to give you more wiggle room?

You must be proud over Poppy, Wendz! She's always come across as a smart kid in the way you talk about her :)

We did buy the house, CMD :) Shipped Oscar off to my parents for a sleepover so we can finish packing tonight ready to load the van up tomorrow!

Congratulations Cinny I am absolutely delighted for ye!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills