Options
2»

Comments

• callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    scholt wrote: »
    Well its United 1 scholt 0 at the moment.
    Today I received a very polite letter stating:

that as my LHR-IAH flight was only delayed 31 minutes my request for compensation is respectfully declined.

that since my continuation travel delay occurred in the United States on a non community carrier EC261/2004 will not be applicable

that their legal department carefully reviews all requests for compensation

but as a tangible gesture of our regret for your delay and misconnect enclosed is an electronic travel certificate valid towards a discount on a future United Airlines flight.....

soooo

Point 1 - it is my understanding that it is the delay at the final destination that counts. (19 hours) and this is what I've read on the MSE documents too but can anyone signpost me in the direction of a reference for such.

Point 2 - if it's a through flight - booked as a whole, on the United website surely it did originate in the EU, again a reference would be very useful.

and they didn't enclose anything anyway

How much was the voucher for? If it's anywhere near what you'd get for EU261 then I'd personally just settle instead of the hassle of going through court.
  • scholt
    scholt Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    callum9999 wrote: »
    How much was the voucher for? If it's anywhere near what you'd get for EU261 then I'd personally just settle instead of the hassle of going through court.

Hi Callum
    Yes I agree - however there was nothing enclosed!
    *whispers* I would accept air miles/voucher as want to go to the States next year but not playing that card just yet!
  • scholt
    scholt Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    Hello
    Final update. United responded to my second letter with a $300 voucher which I've accepted.
    Will help towards next flight although I never want to see Houston airport again lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure