What Washing Did You Use for Newborn?

Options
13»

Comments

• anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lots of people seem to use Fairy non-bio, but I have a dreadful reaction to that (and Persil). I also have allergies to Lenor and Comfort.

For my own children, I used Bold, which I also used for myself.

Funny as Bold is made by the same company as Ariel, Fairy and Lenor.
    I wonder if it's the perfume they use in the other brands.
  • kingfisherblue
    kingfisherblue Posts: 9,203 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Funny as Bold is made by the same company as Ariel, Fairy and Lenor.
    I wonder if it's the perfume they use in the other brands.

I'm aware of that - and I'm fine with Ariel. Lenor is bound to have some different ingredients as it is a softener, not a washing powder. Fairy presumably has some different ingredients too, as it is advertised as being suitable for babies and for sensitive skin (just not my skin!). With Fairy, it isn't just the washing powder, it is also the washing up liquid that affects me.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I think we used Daz, or Tesco's own bio. I didn't bother buying anything separate for our son when he was younger. I figured I'd wait to see if he reacted and then use a non-bio if required (I had one emergency sample size so could re-wash essentials quickly); no adverse reaction.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Livelongandprosper
    Options
    I'm aware of that - and I'm fine with Ariel. Lenor is bound to have some different ingredients as it is a softener, not a washing powder. Fairy presumably has some different ingredients too, as it is advertised as being suitable for babies and for sensitive skin (just not my skin!). With Fairy, it isn't just the washing powder, it is also the washing up liquid that affects me.

Just goes to show how different we all are

I can only use persil soap powder, not the tabs, and fairy washing up liquid. Anything else and I'm covered in hives. Luckily the rest of the family don't suffer so everything is bought to suit just me :)
  • HoneyOnThePavement
    Options
    I think these washings for little children is just another way to get our money. If your child isn't alergic - use the washing you are used to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure