Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• hawkwind
    hawkwind Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still no news.
    My-sky inbox still empty and sky service app is another way to access the same inbox so also empty.

Hopefully, if this all works out, my updates will serve as a comfort for anyone going through the same thing in the future.

As others have said make sure that you stop your phone/broadband cancellation or you will be without a pkone line and may have to pay a re connection .

The best TV deals when they arrive will be after the TV cancellation has gone through, you can always renegotiate you phone and broadband deals at the same time as your discounted offer, just dont expect to get the better deals until then.
  • ginnza
    ginnza Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 11 October 2016 at 8:13PM
    Options
    Your panicking over nothing
    'Left sky in the last 12 months ' make sure it's this link only
    Open a chat sometimes you have to wait for it to be available
    Ideally you want a foreign name as they are a bit more lax with the offers
    Tell them you have a offer on your mysky of 60% off and were wondering could he better it
    The operator has no idea what's on your mysky account
    I have followed this route every year without fail for friends and family and have Secured between 60% off and £50 credit minimum and 75% and £100 credit best offer
    I done this a hour after my friend cancelled last week and got
    60% off and £50 credit

This is my current bill doing following this method
    IMG_0033.jpg
    Good luck
  • mastdog
    mastdog Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Yes you are right there, my bad:)
  • mastdog
    mastdog Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    absolutely sickening deal, very well played. Made me regret renewing now.
  • drummer_290
    Options
    ginnza wrote: »
    Your panicking over nothing
    'Left sky in the last 12 months ' make sure it's this link only
    Open a chat sometimes you have to wait for it to be available
    Ideally you want a foreign name as they are a bit more lax with the offers
    Tell them you have a offer on your mysky of 60% off and were wondering could he better it
    The operator has no idea what's on your mysky account
    I have followed this route every year without fail for friends and family and have Secured between 60% off and £50 credit minimum and 75% and £100 credit best offer
    I done this a hour after my friend cancelled last week and got
    60% off and £50 credit

Is your bill for Sky Q or Sky+?
  • drummer_290
    Options
    Happier news today!

I woke up today to find an email offering me free land line rental for a year and a text message from, "sky broadband" saying they were sorry to lose me and to ring them if I have any questions... I'm taking this as a, "lets start negotiating" message.

My my-sky inbox is still empty and these offers aren't listed on any of the, "my offers" links provided by mije1983. I appreciate the links, just confirming in case anyone is interested that this land line offer is only in my email inbox. I'll keep checking the links and various inboxes periodically.

Cheers
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    Happier news today!

I woke up today to find an email offering me free land line rental for a year and a text message from, "sky broadband" saying they were sorry to lose me and to ring them if I have any questions... I'm taking this as a, "lets start negotiating" message.

My my-sky inbox is still empty and these offers aren't listed on any of the, "my offers" links provided by mije1983. I appreciate the links, just confirming in case anyone is interested that this land line offer is only in my email inbox. I'll keep checking the links and various inboxes periodically.

Cheers

Try ringing sky to tell them you have an em offering free line rental for a year, which you interested in taking, but you are wondering what deals they can offer you for b/band and phone calls otherwise you will move your custom to another supplier. See what happens.

With regards your tv, I suggest you continue with your cancellation as you will get at least a 50% off offer.

Well done.
  • xxandyxexx
    Options
    tried getting this deal as an existing customer, wouldn't have it. even though I am out of contract and on a rolling deal. As they wouldn't honour the deal, the best they could offer me was 20% discount on my tv package (original, sports + movies) i cancelled. then went back via live chat route and they offered 50% off my TV package and also 12 months free Broadband.

Broadband is on a 12 month contract but managed to get the TV deal still on a rolling contract.

Hopefully they offer something for existing customers to upgrade to Sky Q in their christmas promotion.
  • drummer_290
    Options
    No more news today. My cut off date is the 24th so there's still plenty of time.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ...you have to laugh - my TV cancellation takes effect on 27th and I've had a couple of contacts so far, best being 50% off for 10 months with no min. term.
    I've told both CS reps that I can't afford the increase HOWEVER, yesterday I received a call from Sky wanting to sell me Sky Q - ONLY £12 MORE per month! Do they not read their own notes:rotfl::rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback