Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

Not posted for a couple of days as been busy catching up with housework etc.

Thanks for the chart as always Shala and well done to MSM for SOTW.

I am hoping for 2lbs tonight as I want my stone award but not sure if I will get it. I had thought it was 1lb I had to get until I looked at my book this morning and realised it was 2:o. Oh well what will be will be.

Menu for today is:
    Breakfast - toast with peanut butter (2 syns) and a banana with DG coffee (2 syns)
    Lunch - sw chicken noodles, 2 x satsuma, apple and yoghurt
    dinner - Sw mushroom and chickpea curry with aloo ghobi

Have a good day everyone
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,

Plan for today is:
    B: Apple & Cup of tea (HExA)
    L: Skinnylicious soup (2.5) 1/4 Melon, FF Total Yog + frozen berries.
    D: Not sure yet (DH isn't working this week so is in charge of dinner)

Last night I had leftover roast turkey, leftover boiled broccoli, cauli, swede mash and carrots. Plus a poached egg. It was yum :D
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    shala_moo wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind words everyone :grouphug: and i'm sorry that some of you are going through it too. We spend so much time at work and when it's an unhappy place it really affects the rest of our lives.

It's ongoing to be honest, fortunately for us we've had half the department leave since the new year so they need the rest of us to stay (for now!)

Oohhh Maman, what I wouldn't do to be drinking cocktails by that pool right now!

Maybe we should set up our own company and all work together in harmony.. we could take it in turns to bring in the low syn snacks!:D

Take care Kathryn, are you on phased return? Don't push yourself too much, glad there are nice people around to help you x

I'll do a separate post for the chart as it's a bit of a big un!

I like that idea, lets do it!!! :T
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Shala, I didn't put my post in red on Saturday coz I was on my Ipad so maybe you didn't see my 1 b loss ?

• PerthLady91
    Options
    I weighed in on Sunday night - lost half a lb (( - 0.5 lb )) - changing my weigh days to Fridays from now on :)
    :heart: Starting SW Feb 2017 - Target to lose 4 STONE 8 LBS (64lbs) :heart:
    :heart:12 weeks down (21/04/2017) - 19 lbs gone forever
    :heart:
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the chart Shala and well done MSM for SOTW :T

Interesting to hear the negative comments about SW in the paper; I also agree that the plan encourages cooking meals from scratch, however I get the impression from other internet sources that some people rely quite heavily on free branded goods like mugshots and muller lights. And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with having them, but snacking on them at regular intervals through the day, and not balancing them with the required 1/3rd speed isn't very healthy.

Having said that, SW seems to be the best thing for anyone with huge amounts to lose. Whenever you see headlines about people who have lost half their body weight, they've nearly always done it with SW.

Hugs to everyone struggling at work, sadly I think it's the same wherever you work nowadays, all you can do is hope for a huge windfall so you can do whatever you want. :D

Have a good day everyone.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Options
    This morning someone has replied to the letter in the Times. A man has written in today and said that his experience is quite the opposite. He says he was referred to SW by his GP and it pushed him towards healthy eating. He lost weight, has kept it off and also come off all his medication for Type 2 diabetes. That sounds far more like the plan I know. I wonder if the person who wrote in yesterday has even tried SW (or maybe they've tried and failed so they're eating sour grapes).

Another little article of interest is that Weight Watchers have reported a 10% drop in membership and profit. They're trialling a new thing which is delivering boxes of fresh ingredients plus a recipe for points counted meals. The boxes are £35 and contain 3 meals for 2. That doesn't sound too bad but they are probably small portions and I'm very greedy.:o

Ruthy1604 wrote: »
    Last night I had leftover roast turkey, leftover boiled broccoli, cauli, swede mash and carrots. Plus a poached egg. It was yum :D
    I have something like that (minus egg but with loads of pickles) for lunch a few days a week. I love leftovers!:D

When I was getting to target you could have 3 slices of WW bread for a HEB. It's strange bread but not too bad toasted. It meant I could have toast for breakfast and a lunchtime sandwich greentiger. That was really useful but they changed the recipe and now I don't know of any bread that allows that much.:(

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, ham, 2 fried eggs, HEB toast, mushrooms, HEA milk for drinks
    L: choice of chilli jacket or chicken with LO veg
    D: cottage cheese 'kiev', SW chips, mushrooms, green stuff (asparagus, broccoli, peas)
    Syns: squirt of HP sauce

I'm about as southern as it's possible to be (although not as far as lois;)) so perhaps that's why the HP sauce.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    When I was getting to target you could have 3 slices of WW bread for a HEB. It's strange bread but not too bad toasted. It meant I could have toast for breakfast and a lunchtime sandwich greentiger. That was really useful but they changed the recipe and now I don't know of any bread that allows that much.:(

I know there is one bread that allows you 3 slices, as it was mentioned in my group the other week.
    Off to see if I can find which one for you.
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    I know there is one bread that allows you 3 slices, as it was mentioned in my group the other week.
    Off to see if I can find which one for you.

It 's Kingsmill no crusts wholemeal
    Zebras rock
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 March 2017 at 12:48PM
    Options
    I'm glad someone has written in to defend SW! I bet they got more letters than that too.

I've started having a WM roll (60g) if I'm having bread - although you only get one, it feels quite substantial especially compared to the small loaves which are just weeny.

Yeah I bet those WW ingredients box portions are tiny - that's why I stopped doing WW and other calorie based diets (although i believe WW has altered to become more like SW now) - I was fed up of weighing and counting everything and feeling hungry all the time. (And I think all those fresh food boxes are such a rip off! £35 for six meals, and you won't even have ingredients left over for other things? (i.e. I'm told if you need a pinch of chilli powder they send you 'a pinch', you don't get a jar to use up later)).

And on that note I've just had TWO boiled eggs on my Austrian hash and they were bl00dy lush! :p
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport