Can i justify paying for a slimming club?

Options
1235»

Comments

• pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 September 2016 at 1:08PM
    Options
    I'm another fan of 5:2, but agree that it doesn't work for everyone. I plan my fast days around when I'm at work. It helps that these are days when my mum minds my kids and so cooks their dinner.

I have to be in the "zone" to stick to the diet, but feel so great when I manage to stick to a fast day. Yesterday was my first fast day in 6 weeks (everything that I had lost in the 12 weeks previous was put back on) and it actually felt good to not eat for a change.

And today's lunch is tasting even more delicious as I appreciate it more than when I was just eating anything and everything.

Plus I like the fact that there are no expensive gimmicks. I just forget about food for a day and can eat normally the next day. I cope by staying out of the kitchen and have a ready meal on these days - even this can be cheap, I usually get a fish one for about £1.50.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • pickledonionspaceraider
    Options

We are on a debt management plan and really struggle to ensure we have enough money left for food, ................ I have noticed our food bill rocket and as my hubby is naturally thin and dislikes nearly all healthy fruit/veg I seem to end up buying twice as much.

Hi there, for me, this does seem excessive. If you are skint to be spending £5 a week or £20 a month on a slimming club, when you say on one hand you really struggle to have money for good, but on the other hand your food bill is twice as much - it seems a bit confusing to me - if your food bill has doubled, how is this possible if you are skint

What I would do is, drop the slimming club and cut down portion sizes and go out for walks, jogs

I would try and blend meals with hubby as best as you can, ie buy one large packet of salad, and have chicken and chips for him - chicken and salad for you. Baked potatoes with beans for you, cheese and beans for him / quorn spag bol, etc -Menu plan ahead

You two need to work out a compromise you can afford and realize that being skint does mean that sacrifices must be made in order to survive. It is not always fun,i know

A lot of these diet foods are basically the same stuff but smaller sized packets
    With love, POSR <3
  • 1234mas430
    Options
    stroodes wrote: »
    I did it on my own save from an excercise bike, which was a godsend. Large outgoing but worth it, have lost three and a half stone, no need to lose more as now under eight but continue to use the bike and watch Judge Judy at same time, also allows me my curries and fish and chips occasionly.

Normal exercis,Work & eat properly , stop your junk crap & you would not have gotten to the state where you needed an exercise bike Stroodle
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    edited 4 September 2017 at 8:27AM
    Options
    1234mas430 wrote: »
    Normal exercis,Work & eat properly , stop your junk crap & you would not have gotten to the state where you needed an exercise bike Stroodle

The post you replied to was posted a year ago.

But well done to stroodes for a massive weight loss.

The OP hasn't logged onto MSE since April.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure