A new start for a newbie

Options

Comments

• vintage43
    Options
    I've just been on several credit card calculator sites and it is achievable:j to pay it off in a year so next Xmas is going to be a frugal one! lots of handmade gift for everyone x:T
    vintage43:A
    NSD 42/365 2012
    - A new start for a newbie
    Next - £1033.62 :( Barclaycard - £5683 :( Mortgage - £125471 :( Overdraft - £903:eek::(Loan £3562 - :( Total Debts = £10179 Monthly shopping £100 spent so far £12.65
  • Cherryjack
    Cherryjack Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    vintage43 wrote: »
    I know me too! Hoping they come in time for the 75% off Boots sale that's usually around the 16th Jan, should be able to buy all next years Xmas pressies for friends and family from that amount xx:j

oh wow :) that would be very worthwhile :).. you reminded me about the cashback part aswell...
    Ive just paid this months bill to british gas... and ive given my meter readings to npower.. i wondering if i now cancel the british gas dd?? ive never switched before, was worried they would overcharge me.. any idea?
  • Cherryjack
    Cherryjack Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i would go with the homemade gifts.. to be honest my mum just told me my brother has been given his notice to move out of his flat..so he has to get money together to move in jan /feb.. so wont have money for any gifts... im really not bothered by it.. and if anything its nice to know im not the only one struggling, not that i want him struggling of course xx im more happy about seeing him
  • vintage43
    Options
    Cherryjack wrote: »
    oh wow :) that would be very worthwhile :).. you reminded me about the cashback part aswell...
    Ive just paid this months bill to british gas... and ive given my meter readings to npower.. i wondering if i now cancel the british gas dd?? ive never switched before, was worried they would overcharge me.. any idea?

If you contact them through moneysupermarket they do it all for you, no need to worry about phoning anyone as you can do it all on line, I think the tarriff I used was setup8 it will be in the last MSE email:)
    NSD 42/365 2012
    Next - £1033.62 :( Barclaycard - £5683 :( Mortgage - £125471 :( Overdraft - £903:eek::(Loan £3562 - :( Total Debts = £10179 Monthly shopping £100 spent so far £12.65
  • vintage43
    Options
    DIY and me - son#3 and I have made a good start on boarding out the loft, doing it ourselves to save some cash, unfortunately the loft ladder collapsed on me as I came down I and I'll have to have two days off work now while the ladder imprint on my back calms down, OUCH!!! :mad::mad:
    On the plus side a no spend day today as I can't walk, good job I had on my sturdy boots, otherwise I could have broken my leg.
    It has given me time today to sort out some piggybank banking:rotfl: i started a car fund, school transport fund and decided to have a small christmas/birthday fund splitting what ever if anything is left over at the end of the month
    NSD 42/365 2012
  • vintage43
    Options
    Another NSD day for me today, I'm going to start putting the total out of each month on my signature, in January thought I'd put ??/365 and see how many I do in a year!!
    NSD 42/365 2012
  • vintage43
    Options
    Spent £1.00 on an egg sandwich, £14.00 on two jumpers for work and 2 christmas pressies one £25 and one £18, £5.00 on catfood, not a great day but no more spending planned now til after xmas.
    NSD 42/365 2012
  • vintage43
    Options
    Started the budget planner today as my wages went in early - for now I am going to have to write down as well as add to the budget planner the date I paid things so i don't get confused and repeat payments, I paid an extra £25.00 off the mortgage and an extra £100 off the credit card and put some into a piggybank for school lunches, just got to wait now for the direct debits to go out, not sure when that will be though as they usually go out on 25th of each month. I am feeling pretty confident that next year I will crack it, be another step closer to being a grown up and have my money in order:j:j:j
    NSD 42/365 2012
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Hi vintage :)

I am planning on getting birthdays for family for upto £5 -so a token gift, BUT i fully intend on getting these in the Jan sales so hopefully £2-3 per person ;) i've already told all i'm broke so there can be no b1tching about my rubbish presents as they are lucky they are getting anything lol

For next christmas I will again give token gifts to the adults (mine & dh's bro's & sisters & parents only) and a little something for the kids. I should be debt free in 2 years so then i can think about upping the budget for pressies ;) until then it's token gifts all the way...oh and i am planning on making a few pressies too so should get more for my money :)

I can't wait to get paid to start on my shiny new spreadsheet :rotfl: I realise how sad I sound :p but this will be my first FULL year of budgeting so can't wait to tackle the debts & savings pots! :rotfl:
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £259.70/300 86.6%(EF total £1750.96 - 1 month expenses! )~ NSD 4/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £283.29 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £97,285.47
  • vintage43
    Options
    Hi vintage :)

I am planning on getting birthdays for family for upto £5 -so a token gift, BUT i fully intend on getting these in the Jan sales so hopefully £2-3 per person ;) i've already told all i'm broke so there can be no b1tching about my rubbish presents as they are lucky they are getting anything lol

For next christmas I will again give token gifts to the adults (mine & dh's bro's & sisters & parents only) and a little something for the kids. I should be debt free in 2 years so then i can think about upping the budget for pressies ;) until then it's token gifts all the way...oh and i am planning on making a few pressies too so should get more for my money :)

I can't wait to get paid to start on my shiny new spreadsheet :rotfl: I realise how sad I sound :p but this will be my first FULL year of budgeting so can't wait to tackle the debts & savings pots! :rotfl:

i feel just the same way, I have downloaded a spread sheet off frugal living 2012, just need to concentrate a bit on how to fill it in, I like the buying in the sales i dea, i had a cath Kidstone booklet through yesterday advertizing their sale, it's still too expensive though, but the Next one starts on Boxing day so that should be good for cheap gifts and then the boots 75% sale round about the 16th Jan. Lets hope we get it done next year eh! :A
    NSD 42/365 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure