Sorting through my rubbish

Options

Comments

• 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    :j:jWaaaHoooo we had sunshine for the bbq:j:j

Still can't quite believe it, woke up to rain, by lunch time it was cloudy, grey but dry and by mid afternoon the sun was out and it was gorgeous. The kids had a great time in the garden, the adults had a fab time eating and drinking :beer: and the stragglers were there until 11.30!! We did have light rain at about 10pm but with the gazebos up we were warm and dry!

Had a disater with the ASD@ order, no chilled or frozen items were delivered on Friday night, rang and told them I HAD to have the items by 10.30 the next morning latest, the chilled arrived at 8.30am but no frozen, the driver rang the store and a chap came out in his car with an icebox full of frozen food!! Bearing in mind we live 25miles+ from nearest store!!! Also got £10 credit to my account. Was so stressed as was working double shift on Friday and had DD's dance show at 1pm Saturday so needed to be organised with food etc! But it all turned out ok in the end.

DD had a fab time, lots of gorgeous presents from our dear friends and family, lucky girl.

Nothing MSE to report from the weekend, did think about carbooting but had nothing organised, was very tired Sunday morning and had the clearing up to do so 'thinking about it' was all I managed :rotfl:

Take care

REPAYMENT PLAN
    Barclaycard £6700 0% repaying at £300 pm
    LOAN [STRIKE]£14000[/STRIKE] £9352 - DFD September 2022
  • trixiepix
    trixiepix Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey lovely lady - just a super quickie as i don't want you to think i've abandoned you xxxxx

Unfortunately my mum has been really poorly and to top it OH had a crash on his motorbike, it's been a trying couple of weeks with no time at all - fortunately mums on the up and OH is still bruised and achey but ok - i hope to pop back in later to catch up on your posts but as i'm just back at work i best do some work!!!!!!

xx

CATALOGUE - £500
    WEIGHT LOSS - 10 of 65lbs
    SAVINGS £500 of £2500 by 2018
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi Trixie,

So glad to hear everyone's on the mend, what a horrendous time you have had!

I too am at work so will be back later.

Take care and hugs to all:grouphug:

321 xxx

REPAYMENT PLAN
  • trixiepix
    Options
    Right then ......... I'm back.......... lol!!!

Well my stress levels have been through the roof the last couple of weeks but besides the extra stress of O/H having his motorbike trashed and then being lead to believe that the car driver who was at fault didn't have insurance (fortunately found out this morning he was insured and all going ahead fine - phewww) - finally starting to come back down to earth!!!

Finances - hmmmm - as they had become unbelievably rubbish i took the decision to use the isa we had (only savings) to pay off the majority of the credit cards as just seemed to be sinking deeper - no sooner had it been done then OH had the crash and then the harsh reality of our only savings were now gone was a bit of a shock and made me feel quite ashamed of the pickle - if only i could do a bit Neuro linguistic programming with that feeling to stop me blinking spending (i'm so gonna have to find myself a 'mr grey' as he's be able to keep up with my spending habits - if you've read 50 shades it should make sense!!!)

So far have also had to spend £100 on new secondary school uniform - I've managed to buy everything except track bottoms, shorts, white gym top, trainers and shoes - so still a tad more expense yet!!! plus it's only 2 days til the school holidays - EEK:eek: - please let the weather be good for those free park days!!!

This week i should have a couple of days of normality now that everything seems to be settling down before it's the holidays, so i need to sort online shopping ahead of saturday, meals plans to now include lunches and snacks at home ( as they always eat more than in school!!) and try and work out some kind of timetable of events for the kids to get out and about as OH on a lot of night shifts over the forthcoming weeks!!!

The gym is going good, i'm trying to get there as often as i can and as it's just around the corner it means its an easy option - so far lots 11lbs - just a couple of stone to go :rotfl:

Anyway lovely i must hop off now - 'speak' soon xxx

CATALOGUE - £500
  • trixiepix
    Options
    Hey lovely lady -
    Just thought i'd check in to see how life is with you.

I can hardly believe it's the school holidays, where did the last 7 months go??? as someone kindly told me this week 'it will be christmas soon' ((((NOOOOOOOOOOOO))).

Well, the holiday planning logistics have begun and so far at least the weather is proving to be favourable (Even though DD1 managed to get sunburnt yesterday whilst out of my jurisdiction - tut!!) - Payday on Friday and have so much no money until then, lunch out with friends (one of whom i've not seen for years) today, but decided on somewhere 'cheap and cheerful' as we're all avidly waiting for payday!!

I think we may just go to the zoo tomorrow in light of the fab weather but only downside is DD2 has a dental appt at 3.45, which means we'll have to be home by 3 at the latest, so as we have membership i won't be spending out only to then leave at 2, i would cancel the appt but she's cracked a tooth which needs filling before decay sets in, only a milk tooth but even so i don't want to leave it any longer than i have too.

Anyway hun, hope all is ok with you and yours and hopefully 'speak' soon xxxx

CATALOGUE - £500
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi Trix,

Hope DD gets on ok at the dentist, poor thing and that you all had a good time at the Zoo. Our nearest is about a 2 hour drive away so we don't get to go very often, the downside of living in 'Middle Earth' as my friend calls it!! I also can't believe it's the holidays and like you say once they go back to school it will be Xmas in no time! I bought some Pannetone mix in Mossies yesterday for 50p (think they are clearing old stock but wasn't yellow stickered), got 6 and each makes 6 individual pannetone, I thought they would be good for Xmas in homemade hampers with my jam and DHs wine and anything else I think of.

Had a great weekend, what fabulous weather. DD had a sleepover on Friday. I went to see my 'lady' on Saturday so an extra £17 earnt and then did the car boot sale on Sunday with DDs help. We made £80 profit :Tafter the gate fee and DD going off shopping and buying allsorts of stuff (all good, no rubbish at least). Can't do the one next week but weather permitting will do the following Sunday (I have already started organising more 'stock').

Having a very relaxed bbq with friends tonight to make the most of the weather, still have burgers etc in freezer so don't need to buy much at all and friends have asked what they should bring.

Left DH and DS1 collecting hardcore from local recycling depot, they are laying the conservatory floor this week and (hopefully) the conservatory goes up next week. DH has his pre-med next week for his op so we really need to get the building work finished asap as he will be 'out of order' for 2-3 months afterwards:rotfl:.

Had a very OS cooking session yesterday. Made lasagne (as requested by DS1), using frozen bolognaise that I made a couple of weeks ago in the slow cooker bulked out with lentils etc. Homemade spicy wedges and smart price garlic bread (only about 35p, can't make it cheaper). Then made 3 chocolate and banana loaves with some very brown bananas and my first ever batch of Twinks Hobnobs and I have to say they lived up to their reputation!!! Also went through the fridge and chopped and froze any veg that was looking on its way out so now have bags of peppers, onions, mushrooms and butternut squash ready to throw into whatever I am cooking!

Payday next week and I can't wait, should get bumper overtime and payrise. Will be paying our bill at the builders merchants for the conservatory bits and pieces and taxing and moting the car. Also hope to make a good start to my emergency fund and pay off some debt. Will be tight as I am trying to not include overtime and payrise in budgeting so that these can go straight into debts/savings so the builders merchant money will be coming from other 'pots' and I will be trying to keep food and fuel expenditure to an absolute minimum.

Hope your mum and Hubby are both doing well and well on the way to a full recovery.

Take care

321 xx

REPAYMENT PLAN
  • trixiepix
    Options
    Hey lovely,

I can't believe where the time goes when it's the school holidays, it just zips by and i'm already exhausted and it's only the start of week 2:eek:

How's the conservatory coming along, did you manage to get the floor laid?? and well done on the bulk cooking - that reminds me i must defrost the freezer and organise it a little better.

Well, last week was quite frugal considering its the holidays - spent time at my mums as it was sooooo hot and she has a huge garden (FREE) - swimming a couple of times (FREE for me and £2 each for the girls) - DD2 had summer club (held for one week at a local church) which was £3 for the whole week (unbelievable so i added a bit more as a church donation) - went to the park with friends and their children, so on a whole financially ok (especially considering i hadn't been paid until Friday!!)

Quite excited this week as it's DD2 birthday on friday, her party on Saturday and i'm off of work next week (yay!) - oh and we should be getting a new family member arrive on Wed/Thurs!!! - we're rehoming a rescue dog who is absolutely adorable and after vet checks she should be ready to bring home later in the week!!!!!

Well, seeing how i've now been paid and DH is paid tomorrow it's time for monthly budget - EEK!! after the recent lapse on the nexxie vip sale slot, total around £400 - £800 left on CC1 and £50 on another catalogue - plus DH has told me he wants to add another £1000 onto the CC so he can get his replacement bike - :eek: - it is such a vicious circle - what to do!!!!

Hope ur DH pre-med goes ok chick - hope your ok and will 'speak' soon xxx

CATALOGUE - £500
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi hun

Sounds like you are having a great time with the kids and very frugal - well done! Are you enjoying not having the pressure of cake making etc?

This week sounds very exciting what with your daughter's birthday and the new arrival, how old is she? We have a black lab and she is absolutely lovely, thinks she's human though!

Well didn't do much with kids last week as I was working but they are now camping with friends for a week. I drove down with them on Saturday, helped them pitch up and spent the night :beer: and will go down on Friday for the night before packing up and coming home on Saturday. Have sent them off with groceries etc and loads of food money and an emergency pot, hoping to get a fair bit of it back to be honest!

I am working next week and then have 2 weeks off with the kids - yeah!!!:T

Have just cancelled my ASD@ order which was booked for Wednesday, have decided that with the 2 little ones away will can managae with what is in the house and when they come back I will just buy what I need. Have to keep the spending down this month.

The conservatory floor is kind of half down, DH still hasn't booked the ready mix concrete delivery!! But I am pushing him to get it done as he is on a tight time scale.

Had his pre-med today, was ok, needs to go to a 'needs assessment' at another hospital which means a 50 mile round trip and extortionate parking costs, don't know why they can't do it at our local hospital.:mad: Still no date for the op.

Have a lounge full of crates at the mo, hubby has decided to empty the shed of my car boot stuff which I am sorting through and aiming to car boot this Sunday, weather permitting. Unfortunately have spotted some interesting books in amongst it all so they might get put back on my shelves!:rotfl:

Doing extra shifts this week to cover Annual Leave so busy, busy.

Back for a 'chat' soon.

Take care hun

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi hun,

Hope you are well. Did the birthday and party go ok? Has your new arrival settled in well?

Had a hectic week, been working double shifts all week and the one evening I did get off I went to visit a friend in hospital which is a 50 mile round trip. Off to pick up the kids after work today so another long drive! Will be nice to spend the night at the campsite though and bring them home tomorrow:j:j:j We have really missed them.

Got paid this week, my extra hours kicked in plus loads of overtime:T but by the time I had taxed and moted the car and paid the Builders Merchants there was nothing left:mad:. Still need to get DS2 some uniform and pay the balance of his rugby trip. I am owed some money by DS1 and OH and also a friend so hopefully will get all of that soon. OH is selling things via Facebook to help with the conservatory costs and I hope to do another car boot sale on Sunday. Also had a letter this week saying that we will not be getting any more tax cerdits this year and that they think they have over paid us nearly £2000!!! Really makes me cross as I always tell them about changes as and when they happen.

The pressure is on conservatory wise for DH to get the floor laid this weekend as our friend who installs conservatories is coming to put it up on Thursday and Friday (he only told us on Wednesday!) and as he is doing this as a favour and has allocated the time we need to make sure everything is ready.

The good news moneywise is that I have £140 saved in the Xmas fund at work and £100 in £2 coins so that means the 3 kids will be sorted, OH and I are just doing token pressies this year as we have had the conservatory. I am already buying pressies for other people as and when I see things.

Hardly spent anything on food this week, just bread and milk as we have been eating out of the cupboards. Just next week to get through and then I will be home for 2 weeks so can create food from nothing!!

Must go, am very tempted to get my usual muffin for lunch but think I would be better saving the pennies!!!

Back soon

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
  • 3_kids_2_jobs_1_dog
    Options
    Hi Hun

Just a very quick post and run!!!!!

Had to let you know :T We have a conservatory floor!!:T

Hubby did the mixing and I did the 'tamping', tis as smooth as a baby's bottom!! I am so pleased with the result as I have never done anything like this before. One downside was I had to get up and do the final load this morning as Jews0ns sent us the wrong amount and we couldn't quite finish it yesterday!!:mad: Then quick shower and off to work for a double shift!

Had a great weekend, spent Friday night at the campsite with friends and my sister and her family joined us as it is near to where they live, had a very chilled bbq and plenty of booze! Packed up tent etc by 10am Saturday so treated ourselves to a cooked breakfast at the restaurant before the drive home.

Had a night out for my friend's birthday Saturday night, drank some wine before we went out so only had to buy a couple of drinks in the pub, ended up clubbing with DS1 and his mates!!

Didn't carboot on Sunday as it was raining first thing but by lunchtime the sun was out so got all the washing on the line (sleeping bags etc) and spent the day concreting! Treated ourselves to a takeaway last night as we were both exhausted and aching (with hindsight should have put something in the slow cooker).

Right must do some work but will 'talk' again soon.

Take care hun

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts