Round and round the overdraft....soon to be no more

Options

Comments

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Only managed 4 NSD so far this month. Must try and improve this over the second half of the month.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Snap on the NSD's Louby, I'm at 4 too!!!

Sounds like you've got a sound plan in place for your renovations etc over the next few years xx
    Mummytogirls x

• louby40
    Options
    Thanks MTG. I plan on saving as much as I can and paying for things as I go! I'm forgoing my holidays abroad which usually cost me £3k a year now my boys are teenagers. They have a few holidays planned with their dad so I don't feel too bad.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Louby - your plan sounds very well thought out and considered, so good on you. Lessons learned from getting into bad debt.
  • louby40
    Options
    Thanks Speky. My spending (and debt) will be planned and controlled. YNAB has helped me immensely with managing my budget. Each month I barely go into my overdraft, bills are paid, savings made and my short (and long term) debt comes down every month.

In early 2015 I was living in a house I couldn't afford with a monthly mortgage of £1300, £10k in credit card debt and I owed my parents £6k. Now I have no credit card debt, i owe my parents just over £1k and I have a manageable mortgage.

I'm in a totally different place.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Louby I can tell you're in a better place. It's fantastic.

For me, although being in debt was a terrible feeling, so much good has came from it. Like you, I'm in control of my cash and know what I'm doing. Which is thanks to YNAB too I suppose.

Keep up the amazing work!
  • louby40
    Options
    Only 5 NSD so far! Not great.

I'm still waiting on a quote from my builder. I've also being looking for kitchen flooring and the type I want is too expensive so I'm going to have to re think.

Ten days to pay day and I'm still in the black. Yay for YNAB
  • kittykatneedscash
    Options
    Well done Louby you are doing great isn't it great to feel in control of your finances.

'Each month I barely go into my overdraft, bills are paid, savings made and my short (and long term) debt comes down every month.

In early 2015 I was living in a house I couldn't afford with a monthly mortgage of £1300, £10k in credit card debt and I owed my parents £6k. Now I have no credit card debt, i owe my parents just over £1k and I have a manageable mortgage'.

This is brilliant well done! Always good to look back as see how far you've come on your journey. Kitty
  • louby40
    Options
    Thanks Kitty! It's the control that's the key. Knowing where every penny is going and realising you can't just have whatever you want!

Wish I'd realised that 20 yrs ago
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    God bless YNAB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business