1. Checked online banking
    2. Circuits class as part of physio on knee
    3. NSD
    4. Meals from stores
    5. Paid all bills
    6. FPL
    7. Surveys
    8. Consumer Pulse
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    1LuckyLady wrote: »
    Ok so the Stilton cheese that DH really really wanted for Xmas is still sat in the fridge. I just opened the tuperware it is in and find the smell awful!! What can I make with it to use it up? Really want a cleared out fridge/freezer for the weekend :)

How about broccoli and stilton soup??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/broccoliandstiltonso_76390

http://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/q/quick_broccoli_and_stilton_soup.html
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ok so the Stilton cheese that DH really really wanted for Xmas is still sat in the fridge. I just opened the tuperware it is in and find the smell awful!! What can I make with it to use it up? Really want a cleared out fridge/freezer for the weekend :)

When you say awful, is it normal stinky blue cheesy? If it smells of amonia bin it. Could mean its gone out of temp at some point.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi folks - thanks for the start Ziggy

HK - sorry to hear about puss - be kind to yourself - it's hard
    Bob - So close.... bring on March

Well today's list is another wee one (you all make me feel so weak & useless - but this will pass)
    • NSD (no intentions of leaving house so should be easy)
    • Put all recycling & bins out for tomorrow
    • Organize car parts to be returned tomorrow
    • Bring bags of clothes & stuff from garage to house for charity shop run tomorrow
    • Scan in DH's appraisal docs so he can update them on laptop rather than handwrite
    • Stock up logs in the house - brassic.com outside
    • Bit of work on an on-line Excel course I've found (trying to gauge how quickly I can go back to work)
    • Much cuddling of dogs seems to be required today (their requests, not mine - but 'll oblige :D )
    • And any other bits & pieces I come across

Have a good day y'all

You are doing great Clootiesmum:T
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • allthe7s
    allthe7s Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today is a NSD as staying at home with the kids, its a nice day so washing is on the line for the 1st time in 2017 (washing on the line always make me happy) and later Im going to make a sw quiche for my lunches for this week.
    Preparing to go bankrupt April 2020
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,118 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon Campers,
    Where HAS today gone? I just can't imagine how it's got to after 3pm. Oh well, some useful money saving stuff so here goes:
    *Did my mid-month budget check-in. Have had to via an extra sum to this month's grocery budget in order to deal with the overspend. I shall be doing a really crack meal plan for next week, I can tell you!!
    *Checked for £300 radiator refund. Yes, it's there. Now have to kind of offset normal payments to CC by paying them across to Loan Pay Down Fund instead.........don't ask......it's complicated, but I'm confident it will mean that my February & March budget will not be affected & the money will end up back where we want it to be. Was able to pay across £138-12 of it today, which made me feel our LPDF had, had a bit of a boost.
    *Paid another 50p into my sealed pot.
    *Rounded up small change for shrapnel pot.
    *Entered 1 competition & 1 prize draw.
    *Did quite a few surveys - there's a Ugov around today that's paying £2, so worth looking out for if you do those.
    *Contacted potential ebay buyer who messaged me yesterday 10 mins after auction was up to see if I was intending to re-list. 'Yes'...then re-listed all items. Wonder if she'll put a bid in. Item has been listed umpteen times. Isn't it funny how this happens & then someone suddenly spots it just when you think you might give up.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Did rubber chicken. It wasn't a very big chicken, but it did roast dinner for 4 yesterday, sandwiches & a container of meat for making a stew later this week. Carcass & gribbly bits currently in slow cooker for stock (which will also go into the stew).
    *Replenished scrap notepad on my desk using clean-on-one-side scrap paper.
    *Free entertainment - started listening to new audiobook (which I like playing when I'm busy in the kitchen), catching up with a tv prog, knitting & starting new library book.
    *Laundry done overnight on cheap tariff. Also did a full-price load afterwards to maximize use of heated airer as it was already switched on to dry first load.
    *General tidying away & filing of financial paperwork.
    *Downstairs heating off until much later. It's warmed today. The sun is shining & I've also turned an upstairs radiator down a notch.

That's it. Oh no, hang on, I was going to chuck in my two pennorth on the stilton. Not usually much in the way of cheese leftovers in our house, but I have successfully used leftover stilton in pasta-bakes. It goes really nice with bacon, but as it's a strong flavour, you don't really even need any meat, as it is fine with mushrooms, onions, garlic & whatever you usually like to use. It melts well, so I think that's why it makes such good ones. Oh, & I've put it in quesadillas & toasties too. I like strong cheese, but it does seem mellower when it's melty. Oh & finally, mr f once did a posh shepherds pie recipe (it might have been Tom Kerridge recipe?) where stilton was added to the mash & it was really yum.......the nephews scoffed it straight down without even querying the flavour of the mash.
    Now I really am going.
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • ClootiesMum
    ClootiesMum Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 February 2017 at 11:16AM
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    You are doing great Clootiesmum:T

Thanks Bob :o I will get there

Well - today I have managed - all my listy :T

DH is off tomorrow so I'll have the car to do the runny about things that need done. I do have the camper in the drive but I'm not comfortable taking it out at the moment unless necessary (nervey stuff - ironic considering I've driven this thing from one end of the country to another)

Am away to light the fire now as the temp is dropping below its high of 5 degrees today....

Have a good night y'all
    Debts 07/12/2021
    #280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 13 February 2017 at 5:24PM
    Options
    Ziggy, thanks for starting us off :)

Bob, raising a glass to March with you!

Maria, glad the lambing is going well, it can't be easy in this weather. We have lots of reservoirs near us with sheep grazing on the surrounding grass (electric fence around the water, obviously!) I haven't noticed any lambs but maybe they are all really just there to keep the grass down (or maybe they take them off to a lambasted nag shed.) EDIT Seriously? Lambasted nag?? Lambing shed! Damned iPad :mad:

Allthe7s, hello and welcome!

Re the Stilton, at an old job we had the worst stink ever (and this is from someone that loves stinky cheese) from the fridge so I called facilities who tracked it down to a big box of stinky cheese and then wheeled it off in their trolley. A couple of days later the editor of our sister mag was making a bit of a kerfuffle and demanding the CCTV be checked. It turned out the cheese was some special kind that he'd called in to be photographed and he thought someone had stolen it :eek: I had to fess up (luckily it had already been shot) and forwarded him my 'case resolved' email from facilities to prove it :rotfl:

I am off work today with a dicky tummy and lack of sleep because of said tummy. I have at least put some of my time to good use though...

I've checked the 'entitled to' calculator and apparently with my new lower wage and DH being on a low wage we will be entitled to some working tax credits :T

We went out to the pharmacy and while I was there I exchanged a flower arrangement I got for free to one I like better. There was £2 over so we used it for DH to buy me a Valentines card, who said romance is dead? :rotfl:

I'm hoping to get down for the YS reductions later, neither of us feel like a big dinner tonight so I will cook for the teens but hope for some YS sandwiches for us.

Hope you are all having a good day :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »

I've checked the 'entitled to' calculator and apparently with my new lower wage and DH being on a low wage we will be entitled to some working tax credits :T

If you get tax credits you might be entitled to help with health costs.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all,
    Dawn, I hadn't thought about hanging my washing outside :o Load has just finished so I'll do that now!

Mine pretty much fully dried today 1LL! Nice windy, sunny day :) It will only need short spell in the airing cupboard :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure