Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop

Options

Comments

• Z0rba-cheeks
    Options
    Log into your account on the PS Website, then click on the "Transactions" Tab on the right.

On the menu on the left, select "Bill Information".

Scroll to the bottom of the page and to the right of "Electricity" there is a grey arrow.

Click on the arrow to reveal a month by month beak-down of the following:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb 18
    Number of days - - - - - - - 32 | 30 | 31 | 31 | 28 |
    kWh used - - - - - - - - - - - 632 739 947 792 683
    kWh/day - - - - - - - - - - - 19.8 24.6 30.5 25.5 24.4
    Usage cost (£) - - - - - - £79.74 £71.01 £94.20 £77.56 £66.47
    Usage £/day - - - - - - - - - £2.49 £2.37 £3.04 £2.50 £2.37
    Avg Unit Price (p/unit) - - - 12.62 9.61 9.95 9.79 9.73

These figures above are for my consumption for the past 5 months, October was a 32 day month!

The Avg Unit Price (P/Unit) agrees with my spreadsheet, so I'm happy :rotfl: !

The average p/unit for the 5 months is 10.34, which is currently beating the published figure of 10.84!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ah that's handy.

My lowest P/Unit is 10.99, in a month where I used my joint-most kWh/day.

In the 3 months since my p/unit has rocketed, up to 17.13 this month despite the discounts! But that's mainly due to the standing charge. As soon as my usage returns to 'normal' (which even then is low!), I hope to be @ 10.99p or lower because of all the stacked >20% discounts
  • Z0rba-cheeks
    Options
    Does anyone have details of the discounts that were offered in June, July, August and September 2017 and the discount on "Future packs" for Sept, Oct & Nov 2017?
    I'm asking because I'm trying to understand how long the "Future Pack" will remain at less than 12%.

Also, the number of packs that can be bought in a "Future Pack" has reduced from 5 (December to June) to 4 (July & August).
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone have details of the discounts that were offered in June, July, August and September 2017 and the discount on "Future packs" for Sept, Oct & Nov 2017?
    I'm asking because I'm trying to understand how long the "Future Pack" will remain at less than 12%.

Also, the number of packs that can be bought in a "Future Pack" has reduced from 5 (December to June) to 4 (July & August).

I can't confirm the 2017 June and July Future Pack discounts - I was asking what they were for my own purchase planning a while back.

What I do know is this:

Future Pack Discounts (starting in August 2017)

August: 12.8%
    September: 13.6%
    October: 14.5%
    November: 23.5%
    December: 23.4%
    January: 23.4%
    February: 23.7%

I note that the August Future Pack discount is only 10.8% this year - shame and, as you say, only 4 can be purchased compared to 5 last year.

Now, given that we've already seen a divergence in the discount between the past Future Packs in 2017 compared to their equivalent 2018 offerings, normally I would expect the September Future Pack to be approx 13.6% discount, but now I'm not so sure.

Powershop appear to be gradually reducing the discounts that can be achieved over time. This month's Simple Saver and Jumbo are a pitiful 10% and 5.7% respectively.

Maybe this is the reason for the apparent price increase reflected in the Powershop App future monthly bill estimates - not so much a price increase via an increase in base tariff but an effective price increase via less achievable discount levels?
  • Z0rba-cheeks
    Options
    I have asked the same question Powershop, as I can only decide what to buy if I understand what will be available.

I'm currently 14 weeks ahead with payments and am trying to decide whether I should bother to buy a "jumbo" when It is only offering a 5.7% discount.

This is the end of my 6th Month with PS and by my calculation, I think I can start to reduce my purchases of any Power packs at less than 10% discount......
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm currently 14 weeks ahead with payments and am trying to decide whether I should bother to buy a "jumbo" when It is only offering a 5.7% discount.

I wouldn't bother with the Jumbo or the April Simple Saver if you have 14 weeks credit.
  • Z0rba-cheeks
    Options
    I wouldn't bother with the Jumbo or the April Simple Saver if you have 14 weeks credit.

Hi Fewkeste,
    OK, but I don't want to be in a position where I have to purchase a "Top-Up" at zero%.

I'm currently using my spreadsheet to project the 12 month cost of my electricity bill, using the information from the last 6 months and the PS projections of my consumption for the 12 month period.

It's not as if it won't get used... eventually......
    I noticed in my "Powerpacks Purchased" Report that I still have an unused balance of £20.35 from a Jumbo I bought in October 2017 at a discount of 7.3%!
    I don't understand why this hasn't been used and forms part of my "advance payment".
    Any suggestions?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Looks like I'm limited to nibbles of discounts now... £1 at 20% and £1 at 24% today! Does say I'm still 49 weeks ahead, but that'll rapidly come down. Hopefully moving house within a year, so it well well work out that I leave Powershop when I leave this house.

If there's any credit left, I'll see if I can take them with me, rather than a refund.... THEN switch when it's all gone. Sadly I can't see this being sustainable for me with the discounts I'm seeing at the moment - especially when you consider switching bonuses etc for going to other suppliers!
  • Z0rba-cheeks
    Options
    As I mentioned before, it is now 6 months since I switched to PS.
    What is interesting is that using the Which comparison tool, it gives my "annual cost" for my 12,000kWh consumption with PS as being £1,363.79 - a saving of £801.73 on what Extra Energy would have charged me.
    This is at a kWh cost of 10.836p.
    My actual kWh cost is 09.37p, based upon my 5 bills to date - a further saving of £175.29
    As I mentioned in post #402 the unit price after discount is in your "Bill Information".
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    As I mentioned before, it is now 6 months since I switched to PS.
    What is interesting is that using the Which comparison tool, it gives my "annual cost" for my 12,000kWh consumption with PS as being £1,363.79 - a saving of £801.73 on what Extra Energy would have charged me.
    This is at a kWh cost of 10.836p.
    My actual kWh cost is 09.37p, based upon my 5 bills to date - a further saving of £175.29
    As I mentioned in post #402 the unit price after discount is in your "Bill Information".
    That's a hefty saving if that is kept up through the year!!

Were Extra Energy the second cheapest supplier? Or were you on an old variable rate? That seems an incredibly high saving!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback