• MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh yes......
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    Can anybody tell me if Aldi have withdrawn thier Galic wraps. The lable says there are available.

Can only find on the shelf ; plain, 50/50, seeded and wholemeal.

New boxes were on the floor before going on the shelf and they only contained 50/50 and plain.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The verdict is back on Lidl's Firenze cake that is on offer this weekend after I opened one to sample with a cup of tea last night. My high hopes we dashed, and tbh I think I'm going to donate the rest of it and other two bars to a food bank. It was dry and far too sweet. If there's a positive, it has a lovely light texture.

My resident [STRIKE]crispmonster[/STRIKE] houseguest declared "cake? This sullies the good name of cake!".
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    New varieties of Aldi products (not yet sampled)...

- Cholesterol reducing yogurt drink, already expanded to 8-packs (from 6). Now available in Blueberry flavour.

- Greek style yogurts with fruit layer, now available in summer fruits flavour.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    robin58 wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me if Aldi have withdrawn thier Galic wraps.

There may be a shake-up underway with wraps - Lidl had no 50/50 wraps last time I was there, and they had been removed from the shelf label.

The Lidl Mediterranean Herb wraps are very nice (possibly a substitute for Garlic?)
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've noticed chocolate peanuts are like rocking horse whatsit in Lidl,loads of raisins but no peanut.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lidl's instore bakery large croissants (which I love warm) have gone up by 20% to 35p each - but still much better value than other SMs.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • ljonski
    ljonski Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    Options
    The verdict is back on Lidl's Firenze cake that is on offer this weekend after I opened one to sample with a cup of tea last night.
    Its quite nice if mixed in wilth the 79p yogurt pot from Aldi! -but i understand what you mean- not great if eaten on its own!
    "if the state cannot find within itself a place for those who peacefully refuse to worship at its temples, then it’s the state that’s become extreme".Revd Dr Giles Fraser on Radio 4 2017
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    My Aldi had low fat spinach and plain wraps on the Specialbuys food shelving, which might account for the absence of garlic wraps.

In the same way, I wondered if the presence of fancy flours on the Specialbuy shelf was linked to the absence of white strong flours. We had wholemeal but nothing else in mine. Cocoa was back, though.

I don't think the Aldi strong flour is a seasonal any more, as there was a bit of a furore when it disappeared last time, only to quickly re-appear.

Back on the shelves in my Aldi were tins of chickpeas, this time the East End brand, along with East End butter beans. Some other East End white beans as well, I think.
    No economy baked beans, but the Corale premium beans were down to 29p a can.

The 6 pack 330 ml cans of lager shandy come and go, and are back at the moment at Aldi, though they seem to sell out quite quickly. I was lucky to get a pack at my store.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • 2childmum
    2childmum Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    No bread flour at my Aldi - but found some at Lidl. Ditto chickpeas and vanilla essence.
    May spend - £291.40/£320.00
    June spend - £106.40/£320.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family