PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Evening

Frith - Love the grotto, my DD is very jealous.

Pleasures for today,
    1. Another day closer to finishing the project I am working on. Think one part is ready to go but the other two will take much more work and patience this week.
    2. Some vouchers in the post from Mr.T which will help pay for the last of the presents I need to get plus some money and points offers on things I buy normally.
    3. Managed to use less meat and more veg again in dinner tonight, it was yummy and there is enough left for me to have tomorrow for lunch.
    4. Went back to bed for an hour this morning once OH and DD left. Should really have been doing the ironing before work but felt sleep was needed more:o
    5. £3 luncheon vouchers arrived in the post today from a recent survey. Also got 50 clubcard points for reviewing a product and am expecting another two products to trail one of which is a very expensive electric toothbrush:j

Hugs to all who need them
  • tina_malteser
    Options
    1 battled thru the snow to Glasgow:T
    2 made my tea really early in the morning so i wouldn't pick up fast food on my way home west...zapped in microwave just add gravy:D
    3 low on txts so txt ppl via free txt on 02 tinternet and got replys for meet up weds:beer:
    4 fell out with my only DS so save myself £12 on travel fares until he sees the light:mad:
    5 nipped into mr M on my way home and got two ys bread for 30p:T
    Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, And Today is a Gift, That's Why it's Called The Present
    20p jar £1.20:j Mr M saver stamps £7.00 Mr Ice stamps £3.00
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 December 2012 at 1:38AM
    Options
    Hi tina malteser :wave: and skader :wave:
    Great grotto, Frith. :D

Five pleasures for Monday:

1. Drinking hot coffee while sitting in a cold car and getting on with work while waiting for DSs for 90 minutes. Got lots done.

2. I know we will hear endless reports of William and Kate' baby from now on (very tedious imho), but that news made me remember my excitement and feelings about being pregnant with my oldest and that was lovely.:)

3. Pulling some statistics together about the success of our sports club. Seeing it all in figures made it very clear.

4. Getting final ancient duvet/floor covering dried. This one will be used to cover the last bit of stone floor in our front room. It's so much more snug now it's duvet-carpeted in here.

5. Found a really lovely half-price sponge bag as a Christmas present for my neice online. She's not very girly and likes practical things and I hope this will fit the bill.

Sweet dreams
    B x
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    After the non-frost fiasco the morning went from bad to worse -

Be careful what you ask for...
    I know I drive far too fast, somehow I can’t help myself, I'm like a Jekyll and Hyde character behind the wheel. I know what the consequences could be. I know I have to slow down. I've prayed for my God to show me the way, hopefully make me see sense if He will. Today I drove 68 miles, a journey I usually do in 75 minutes, encountered 2 accidents one of which was fatal (and which thank God I wasn't involved in), three breakdowns, two centre lane, one outside lane, lashing rain as thick as fog. Sheer weight of Monday traffic made my journey just over 4 ½ hours there, 2 ¼ hours back. Not quite what I meant but be careful what you ask for and how you ask for it, you WILL get it! (But the advantage was ½ a tank of fuel as opposed to the usual 3/4)

2. good lunch out with DM, nice kate & sidney pud but shame about chips with it.
    3. Got lots of C-word cards written for DM and sorted out her deckies. The cut out Santa, who has been in the family as long as I can remember, is in his rightful place on the front door to greet everyone with his jolly smile :D
    4. Bought 2 pairs of reduced ribbed tights in McKays, unfortunately they come up to my armpits - the joys of being short. Luckily there's a branch in a nearby town so I can change them there
    5. The news gave us a good laugh, they said Kate Middleton (who? Surely they meant the Duchess of Cambridge?) is pregnant and will stay in hospital for a few days as a precaution as she has morning sickness. Oh how the other half live, unlike us peasants who have our babies in the fields and carry on working :p

Sleep tight :)
  • Chickenopolis
    Options
    CCP wrote: »

1) Received one of my parcels today, thanks to a nice postman who could hear the shower running when I didn't answer the door, so came back and tried again 20 minutes later to make sure I got my delivery. :T Now I just need to find out where the other parcel has vanished to...

CCP - I reckon he (I am assuming its a "he" ) wanted to cop an eyeful ;):D

Sparrer glad to hear you made the journey in one piece x

The Pregnancy ....Sorry guys , I'm not a kiddy person but surely pregnancy is a condition and not an illness ??? Seeing reporter standing in the dark outside the hospital in the pitch black at 5.30 am to deliver "news"...back off , give 'em some privacy . We all know now.. leave 'em alone.

Have a good day all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A

• The Pregnancy ....Sorry guys , I'm not a kiddy person but surely pregnancy is a condition and not an illness ??? Seeing reporter standing in the dark outside the hospital in the pitch black at 5.30 am to deliver "news"...back off , give 'em some privacy . We all know now.. leave 'em alone.

Problem with employing too many failed media students is the gap between the two minute bulletin on the hour and the next time the clock chimes. Radio Silence still imposed. Guess I shall miss the newsagent this morning. Hope the freebie on the bus is not there as well.

As for the Granny, she is a Stayer.

5 I think I will have another go with the Christmas cake later. Need to read the instructions.

4 Living by numbers. Looks that the missing ticket is gone forever.

3 Oh no, tuck inn, it's cold outside.

2 Payday. And I have paid my tax out on the day. How about boycotting google, who withhold your earnings, now @ £200 level,meet pay no tax.

1 How about a tree pix competition?
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 December 2012 at 1:19PM
    Options
    Hmm - I wonder if all those (here and elsewhere) so dismissive of morning sickness haven't had morning sickness? :D It is VILE - I had constant nausea but not the relief of throwing up, dizzy and sooo tired - and I have known of others who have been hospitalised for the whole pregnancy. They say it is worse with a girl (as I have had one of each and was definitely worse with the girl, but pretty bl00dy grim with the boy). Anyway, good luck to them. I will show some vague interest when it is born and b!tch about its name probably :D

Any road up - mooorrrrrninnnnggggg

For yesterday
    1. Had to get up and go in early as I was standing in for a colleague. Four hours of teaching went really well and I felt useful
    2. Lunch with colleagues - yummy sweet potato and squash soup which I bought, shamefully, as I had my own HM stuff in my office. I will have that today
    3. Fish fingers and chips for tea in the new halogen oven.
    4. DS got a grade 7 in his maths :T His first ever 7 and is testament to the extra effort he, and we, have put in.
    5. Finished "The Killing" - you will all be pleased to hear! :p What I have learned from watching it (no spoilers, don't worry)
    - Danish detectives are a bit pants
    - Danish jumpers are spectacular
    - Police need to be paid more so that the detectives can wear more than 2 jumpers in 3 weeks
    - there doesn't seem to be any lights in Copenhagen, which is a shame because
    - it is always night time.
    - there is no point in having CCTV as most of the time you can't make out who people are
    - that Danish people are extremely intolerant - not least expecting the parents of a girl who was brutally raped and murdered to have got over it in 3 weeks (the timeline of the series - though it was aired over nearly 6 months) and other reasons that i won't say as they are spoilers
    - A lot of people might get killed for no apparent reason, except that it keeps the story ticking along but when you analyse it, it makes no sense whatsoever.
    - that a story line with more holes than a sieve is extremely addictive
    - that it is quite difficult to knit and watch something with sub-titles.

Edit - to add

- it is impossible to say Danish names without using generic Danish / swedish / scandinavian accent - you try "Nanna Birk Larsen" "Troels Hartmann"
    - they either eat pizza or "something cold from a pan they find on the side"

Hope that helps! :rotfl:

Pie for tea today - YUM!!
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    my pleasure today was dropping my son aged 9 off and him shouting love you mum as he ran into school not caring who heard him aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah filling up here lol
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you said it, VJ'smum. 36 weeks of "morning" sickness with smaller son. Weirdly, it only tailed off at that point when he decided he didn't want to be breech after all! (You really don't want an almost full term baby turning round, was very strange!)
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    my 5
    1.treated myself to a couple of woolly pullovers from M&S
    2. delicious home made scones after lunch
    3. the sun is out and the fires lit and the cat is snoozing and alls well
    4. had a great day hunting on Saturday and just had a good ol' chat with a friend about how the day went
    5. going to make some mince pies later., clean out the hens then relax with a drink and a dvd this evening.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure