Options

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 September 2011 at 6:26PM
    Options
    Truegho wrote: »
    I have personally handed in an Argos app form, but the manager has never got back to me. Very depressing.

Dont get depressed about it, they dont get back to everyone who applies, i bet you werent the only 1 who didnt get a call back.

You have to apply apply apply, no job will ocme to you so you keep at it.
  • Truegho
    Truegho Posts: 832 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah, you are right. These employers must get bombarded with thousands of other apps.

Just have to keep on trying, as you say.

DCFC79 wrote: »
    Dont get depressed about it, they dont get back to everyone who applies, i bet you werent the only 1 who didnt get a call back.

You have to apply apply apply, no job will ocme to you so you keep at it.
  • bluenoseam
    bluenoseam Posts: 4,612 Forumite
    Options
    I handed in an app to both Argos' in town and start with one tomorrow, heard nothing back from the other one - guess it's just your luck sometimes!
    Retired member - fed up with the general tone of the place.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yeah, you are right. These employers must get bombarded with thousands of other apps.

Just have to keep on trying, as you say.

this time of year is prime for xmas vacancies if not already been filled.
  • Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    All the Tescos & Sainsburys around here have just put out there Xmas Application, hope that will help someone :)
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • alisonjanew
    Options
    I've just applied online to Marks and Spencers and Boots and got rejection emails within a day or so! Quite depressing.:( Have applied for the Post Office now. Good luck everyone.
  • louby_lou
    Options
    But don't they accept online applications only?

Maybe best for them to come off here and start filling out the forms then.... :A
  • louby_lou
    Options
    I have personally handed in an Argos app form, but the manager has never got back to me. Very depressing.

don't be despirited - apparently as of today unemployment is the highest its been in 17 years so there must have been many people going for the role, its sometimes not possible for them to contact you to let you know its been filled, regardless of suitability for the job. just keep on going - something will come up :) we've all been there! ;)
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Our Boots and Superdrug have told me they are not taking anyone on this year.Re Argos I handed in my cv and app form to them. went in to enquire as I havent heard. They said they havent looked at the applications yet.
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Check out your local Gumtree page for jobs. Make sure the ad includes the full name of the company and the location along with a proper email address rather than hotmail/gmail so you can check the company and ad is genuine. There are plenty of jobs in the hospitality industry advertised on Gumtree all year round but especially now for Christmas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure