IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS PCN - Help Needed

Options

Comments

• catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please edit the post above if it gives any clue as to your identity.
  • AB_Express
    Options
    Here is my first draft of the letter to BW.

Thank you for your letter dated XXXXXXX.

I note in your letter that you have said you will not be communicating with me further yet you ask me to provide evidence that I have never been the registered keeper of a vehicle with the registration XXXXXXX.

I have entered the vehicle registration XXXXXXX into the below sites and all show that that registration does not exist.

[list
    sites here]

As I dispute this charge and consider this matter now closed, I politely request that you do not contact me further and refer it back to your client VCS. Should further correspondence be forthcoming I will be left with no choice but to report BW Legal to the SRA (Solicitors' Regulatory Authority) and the CSA (Credit Services Association) for the misleading information contained within this, and previous letters.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    As I dispute this charge and consider this matter now closed, [STRIKE]I politely request that you[/STRIKE] Do not contact me further (save to confirm that the charge is dropped) and refer it back to your client VCS. Should further correspondence be forthcoming I will [STRIKE]be left with no choice but to[/STRIKE] report BW Legal to the SRA (Solicitors' Regulatory Authority) and the CSA (Credit Services Association) for the misleading information contained within this, and previous letters.
    No need for 'politeness', this isn't about being polite, but being assertive. Politeness will not gain you any favours, you need to appear as feisty as possible - that may make them decide to take on more shrinking violets elsewhere.

Be prepared to carry out your threat to report them to the SRA and CSA. Do not threaten unless you will execute the threat, otherwise another 'weakness' is exposed and may well give them a green light to continue hassling you.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • AB_Express
    Options
    Response emailed this morning.
  • AB_Express
    Options
    Received a letter from BW Legal this morning, a response to the Part 18 Request I sent.

Should I post some of the details here? Seems very much a cut and paste response.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AB_Express wrote: »
    Received a letter from BW Legal this morning, a response to the Part 18 Request I sent.

Should I post some of the details here? Seems very much a cut and paste response.

Yes please, can you scan or photo the reply and then upload to a free site like photobucket.
    Then add the link here
    REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL INFO FIRST
  • AB_Express
    Options
    Any advice on what I need to do now please?
  • AB_Express
    Options
    Received the DQ in the post today.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OK, so are you OK with what to do, who to serve it to?

If not, then revisit bargepole's post which is the second one linked in the NEWBIES thread under the heading 'Small Claim?'
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure