Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Options

Comments

• mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quick question, is there anywhere I might be able to find a list of people exhibiting at the SECC next weekend? The website for the event isn't the easiest to find your way around and I want to plan my [strike]spending[/strike] browsing :D
  • OAP1945
    OAP1945 Posts: 514 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    PepPop wrote: »
    Did I tell you I live in Glasvegas :D - I'm gonna stand outside the SECC with a HUGE version of the (DUM! DUM! DUM!) FLOWCHART OF DOOM :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Don't you blooming dare!!!! do that on the Thursday. I have waited all year long for this show and if my (usually good natured) OH see's that sign I am up the creek.

Remember his £££ show is on the Sunday, mine in the following Thursday:eek::eek::eek:
  • OAP1945
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick question, is there anywhere I might be able to find a list of people exhibiting at the SECC next weekend? The website for the event isn't the easiest to find your way around and I want to plan my [strike]spending[/strike] browsing :D

go to www.ichf.co.uk click on hobby craft logo that should take you to a page with all the UK shows. click on SECC and then you should get the who's coming list. ( erm thats how i did it):)
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK I shall shred the Flowchart of Doom (DUM! DUM! DUM!) - I wouldn't really do that to you all - I'm not that nasty. I hope you all have a great time and [STRIKE]spend[/STRIKE] browse loads:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • OAP1945
    First Anniversary
    Options
    thanks Peppop I knew you would understand "the needs of the one(crafter) outway the many" can you tell Mr Spock was my hero!!!!
  • PepPop
    Options
    OAP My only answer to that has to be... Live long and prosper (and yep I can do the finger thingy too :D)

DUM! DUM! DUM! I've put a card on my glop!!! (Liking the DUM! DUM! DUM! in case you hadn't noticed :rotfl::rotfl:)

Cat update... I think we're gonna need to pay the vet a visit - I had a look at the tooth and it looks like it's broke off below the gum and I think she's feeling sorry for herself. :(
  • OAP1945
    First Anniversary
    edited 22 February 2011 at 11:11PM
    Options
    Love the card Peppop, how did you make a light box???? My photos really suffer in the winter light.

Sorry i should have said I can do the fingers thing too AND... I have a nephew who speaks Klingon!!!!!!!
  • paddingtondoo
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: at the flowchart of doom - I kept reading it as the flourchart to start off with - just clean me glasses :p.

Very MSE Martin Mrs Rainmac :beer: Although I wouldn't have bought it - that grungy stuff does nowt for me :rotfl:

I haven't spend anything all evening - good job too as my mother rang and managed to remind me that I haven't paid for DD's PGL weekend - even more month at the end of my money now - am going to bat my eyelashes at OH (to distract him while I snaffle some pennies out of his bank account :D)

Hope you're ok Rusty - absolutely unforgiveable I have never said anything like that about my ex and his wife (have thought a few nasty things though :o) Hey ho I'm only human - we have more trouble from exs new wife as she doesn't understand why we don't hate each other - mainly coz I can't be bothered to waste my time on him any more he's DD & DS's dad end of ;)
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • PepPop
    Options
    OAP1945 wrote: »
    Love the card Peppop, how did you make a light box???? My photos really suffer in the winter light.

I got a cardboard box, cut off the top and the front so I was left with the back, base and two sides. I then covered the insides with brilliant white paper (I stuck it on with double sided tape) - job done. I take the pictures in my kitchen which is the brightest room in my house and it seems to work. All my pictures are taken a night with a flash so it really seems to make a difference.
    I have seen it done with white tissue paper as a lid and then you shine a lamp through it.

Oh and padster no it's not stash cos it was pennies to make :rotfl:
  • cardpaperscissors
    Options
    Evening all, hope you're having a great half-term so far. Just about managed to catch up here I think but apologies if I've missed anyone.

Soma - how great you had an email about your work, your cards are lovely and I hope you get onto a DT soon, fingers crossed for you.
    qwiksave - thanks for heads up on Tim Holtz
    betterlife - lovely new image, thank you
    flourgirl - eek at your dh’s tooth disaster, I recently had to have one out at hospital so can sympathise.
    Addams - I got some of the ejection foam you recommended and the cuts are coming out of the Marianne dies a lot better - so thank you!
    Rusty - congrats on your tickets win, hope you can manage a good shop without too much pain.
    Rainmac - ouch at tooth probs for you too AND a puncture, good job you had your stash beforehand. Hope the ban won’t last too long.
    artydoll - love your latest cards
    saveapenny - congrats on your new granddaughter
    dragonllew - fab news for mr. dragonllew getting back on the road
    Zoeisababe - welcome, sorry can’t help with wedding stuff - I haven’t even made a wedding card yet.
    PepPop - oo sorry to hear about your little puss. I honestly have no idea but surely she could manage tinned food ‘mushed’ up..?? Just read CT’s reply to you.
    flying-fresian - well done on resisting the TSV.

Oh and nearly forgot, Scatty Jan - have done a card for your challenge, it’s on my bl*g. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure