Gold box deals Groupon

Options

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sdb93 wrote: »
    Hi, just bought one of these before seeing all this... has anyone received one and can they confirm it is a genuine product?? Thanks
    Hi. Welcome to the forums.

The post immediately above yours confirms that they have received the thing.
    They also confirm it is not a genuine Apple product.
  • Somemightsay95
    Options
    Surely if this is the case Groupon would stop Gold Box selling products on their site? However that doesn't mean I am not worried that I now could receive a dodgy product. I will reserve my judgement until the product comes and see for myself. Has anyone else received theirs and if so how was it for you?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 2 October 2016 at 10:48PM
    Options
    Surely if this is the case Groupon would stop Gold Box selling products on their site?
    Only when there have been sufficient complaints from customers.

The overwhelming majority of posters to this thread have received less than satisfactory service. That's enough for me to think twice before purchasing from them.

I doubt you'll get anyone praising this company on this forum, as it generally attracts those with a Consumer Rights issue. Beware of any posts which do appear, though, as they will likely be spam.
  • Teri.orwin
    Options
    Did you receive your Iwatch? I've landed myself in the same position....
  • mparter
    mparter Posts: 409 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I probably should have read this thread before ordering!

I ordered an Apple Watch from these guys via Groupon. I received the watch after a few days. The watch is listed on Groupon as being new and unused, just not in the original box.

However, on checking it's warranty status with Apple, it has no warranty remaining. I have returned the watch to them via their RMA process (as Groupon aren't helping at all). I've still to receive a refund.
  • Ogriffin
    Options
    Hi,

Did you ever get your refund? In a similar position to you.

Thanks
  • Mahmoud16h
    Options
    Oh damn. Just purchased one of these. Have you received your refund for the product. If it's a fake then I'm going to return it.

This seems really dodgy. Please let me know if you got your money back.

Thanks
  • Mahmoud16h
    Options
    mparter wrote: »
    I probably should have read this thread before ordering!

I ordered an Apple Watch from these guys via Groupon. I received the watch after a few days. The watch is listed on Groupon as being new and unused, just not in the original box.

However, on checking it's warranty status with Apple, it has no warranty remaining. I have returned the watch to them via their RMA process (as Groupon aren't helping at all). I've still to receive a refund.

Wanted to ask you directly, haven't used this forum system before. Did you get your refund yet?
  • Clunk1552
    Options
    I received my watch yesterday in a plain white box with spare strap and charger. I was concerned as it would not come on at first but I charged it and last night I paired it to my phone and it is working fine. I have not checked the serial number re warranty remaining although I have an email from the company stating they provide 6 months warranty on the item. I did email them every day after find this thread and they replied to every email. Maybe because I pointed out they were being talked about on here. So all in all I'm happy but can understand others frustrations.
  • NorthernSky67
    Options
    Hi

Interested to see this thread, I'm midway through trying to get over £700 refunded from this company.

I bought a MacBook Pro laptop via Groupon - not listed as used or refurbished - that arrived and was clearly second hand - and worse still faulty. I have been sent from pillar to post by GoldBox and Groupon (who, to be fair have always been excellent at Customer Service before for returns/refunds etc.). I have been issued a Return label which the Post Office are refusing to accept - it claims to be pre-paid but is not. If I want to return the laptop currently I will have to pay out c.£30 p&p myself - ontop of the £700+ I have already shelled out. GoldBox have not responded to my last 10 emails and I now have some very serious misgivings about this company.

Hopefully the refund can be successfully concluded eventually - at which point I am intending making a proper complaint about their conduct and dubious business practices.

Who is the best body to report them to...?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure