Options
    Oh and I never saw anything of OH's bonus lol
    Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hiya,

I'm new and definitely will be following you :) I'm going to be a sahm come July. We're moving and the change in bills is the same as my income hopefully so would work in theory. Wish I could make as much money on surveys as you do. I'm doing £5 then I'll give up on swag bucks.
    Typical with hubby's pay. I'll never know how they spend it! What I can get out of my money compared to him is crazy! I'm sure your the same.
    Are you finding the counselling is helping? Xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Kitten!

Do you have a diary?

My counselling did help, had about 5 sessions and finished now.

I haven't done as well on surveys lately, kind of lost my way and then with joining Usborne I have been consumed with that recently but I need to get back on it as Usborne is likely to be quiet after Christmas.

I need to do our meter readings again and see if we can change tariff, we pay £98 a month for it at the moment.

Money sucks, it's making me so stressed right now! :cool:
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    Successful day so far, entered our meter readings for Scottish Power and got a bill, says our DD would drop to £82.60 a month but I thought I would beat that so went on Uswitch via Topcashback and have switched us to SSE with a DD of £68.65 a month so thats a £30 a month saving!

We have an issue where we have to use the immersion heater for all our hot water but I am trying to find a plumber to sort that, my best friends husband is one but I have been waiting months for him to sort and we need to do it as its costing us money in the long term and we are too skint to just sit back now!

We can only get BT phone and internet where we live but I need to check the tariff on that as well as sure we could save a few pound as we haven't looked at it for a while!
  • Kitten868
    Options
    Hello!

You found me :) well done on your bills! How can you only get BT? All the companies use BTs lines - EE, talk talk etc. Do it through quidco - we got paid to change like £160 I think.
    I don't know if counselling is the way forward, need to put a complaint in really. Just would rather forget it happened. Keep sending me smear letters and I want to scream lol
    I am really worried about stopping work. Do you think it's changed your relationship? I don't think he will - he'd love to keep me but I don't want to feel like the useless one.

Xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    We live in a rural village with no shop etc..... I will look into it but I think only BT uses our nearest exchange!

Our relationship has changed, yes, :o.

We are going through a bumpy patch at the moment, I think that's because I am missing my independence and worrying about money, I am tempted to get a part time job as Usborne isn't a guaranteed income but at least it's flexible, I am working both days this weekend but then pretty quiet until I get some more bookings.

The older Maddie gets though I would like to do more with it.

I worked full time for 12 years before having Maddie so it's a hard adjustment! :cool:
  • Kitten868
    Options
    This is the thing. I'm already worrying about it - I'm a bit neurotic lol. I'm considering up cycling furniture while I'm off but don't know if it'd work without a van to deliver it.
    Sorry you're going through a bumpy patch. I'm struggling with hubby being away so much. Spending money to keep the kids happy.
    The good thing is that my job is horrible and I'm bullied so it'll feel good handing in my notice when I get back. Should keep me happily unemployed for at least 6 months lol x
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    I thought I had posted this but apparantly not!

So it looks like I will be getting my inheritance from my Nan in next few weeks.

After clearing my credit card and paying off the extra we borrowed on the mortgage to clear my car loan before I had Maddie I will still have a substantial amount left over!

But I still need to make this last a few more years until I get a part time job when Maddie starts pre school.

Part of me doesn't want it because I don't want to waste it.... :o

I am also not feeling Usborne right now..... did a couple of Christmas fairs this weekend and did a few sales but not sure how I am going to carry it forward next year......

I would still like to do it as a bit of a top up income but think OH is getting a bit annoyed at me going out and doing it a lot.... will just have to see how it goes I guess. Need more inspiration.

My mother arrives on Friday until New Year so tbh Christmas is going to be !!!!!!..... roll on New Year already! :cool:
  • Kitten868
    Options
    Selling anything is hard work and consuming. I think usbourne is better than most self employed ventures. That younique stuff looks like the biggest pain in the !!!!. Usbourne books are a good product at least. Any good to set it up at mother & toddler groups so it fits in with you? People at my groups do it. Maybe give yourself a few weeks off? Especially while mums here.
    Might pay to keep him on side while she's making you pull your hair out.
    Could you just sell it on Facebook for a bit? Or eBay? Or isn't that allowed?
    Maybe work out how much you'd have each month. Total inheritance divided by months unemployed. See if it's too much/ enough? Put next years allowance into a 1 year fixed and the following year into a 2 years fixed savings?? X
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    I am involved with my local NCT group so have contacts through that for Usborne. I have just booked myself into another NCT groups Christmas fair on Tuesday, always tempted to buy more stock to sell though! Will need to go through my bits tomorrow and see what I have suitable before I order anything else.....

Maddie will end up with so many books at this rate! :cool:

I need to try some more Facebook parties, done a couple, only one that did good was when I did it for charity though which is good but means I give some commission to charity!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport