We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    LIR.........i havnt forgotten the "list"...the doors i saw were carp...too rotten. but im looking [even over garden fences..;) ]

those carnation cuttings you gave me are racing away... hopefully send you pic if they flower :) what colour are they, do you know??
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    LIR.........i havnt forgotten the "list"...the doors i saw were carp...too rotten. but im looking [even over garden fences..;) ]

those carnation cuttings you gave me are racing away... hopefully send you pic if they flower :) what colour are they, do you know??

I cannot remember i am afraid. It will be either salmon, peach, pink or white, as those are those i cutting swipe frome. I am ashamed to admit i found my own of them in the plastic bag in the bottom of the fruit bowl last week. They are so easy its silly not to propogate them.
  • ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We're shortly heading down to close to some of you I think - Port Eliot Festival. I think we're staying in Devon the night before (Wed?) before heading to the Festival site on Thursday. I must be crazy to even think about doing this given my state of incapacity, but we're glamping in a bell tent which will help. :o;)

Planted out some chitted french beans into big containers in the front garden this evening. Prob should have grown them on and hardened them off but am totally past doing anything like that. They'll have to take their chance! First lot of lettuce seed haven't done anything (old giveaway), so have sown more (different stuff) where they were. These are in one of the big polystyrene boxes our fish deliveries (from Cornwall!) have been arriving in. The other 2/3 of the box has 2 kinds of spring onion sprouting well in it. It will all be ready when we're not here I expect! :mad:

Gotta go as OH just got in from babysitting (he says they didn't wake up, phew!).
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's so muggy here I doubt I'll get much sleep.

The insects are fairly swarming with the overcast heat - cleggs are horrid...nasty blighters.

My 'new' chicks are really coming on but are bothered with the midgies.

I have a young? female blackbird that's hanging around on the scrounge, follows the hens & eats crumbs thrown out. At first I thought it couldn't fly, but it can. I hope it survives the cats & the crows & the sparrow hawk & the..............elements. Another animal to worry about.....

We've just put out drawings to get a quote for roofing materials for us from a company that we believe is very competitive - so fingers crossed that we can manage to get something sorted out soon.

I've been attempting to fork out thistles that appear to be telescoping out of the ground when you turn away for a nanosecond. I seem to have a mega dock problem & will resort to spraying with Roundup. We have a good forecast for tomorrow so will attempt to get some done then.

The weeds across at the veggie bit are towering over me. When did that happen?

All the best to all dreamers.
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 July 2012 at 1:08AM
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    as long as your not in a mixi area as it is bad enough without spreading it towards where people have domestic rabbits and it is also transferable via hay cut.... best off killing it cleanly [please dont just wound it as no animal desrves a slow death]
    Funny thing, I've not seen one mixi case since we moved in here.
    Loads where I used to live.

I was thinking of just wounding it, but I think the clean kill would be better. Save on pellets. <ironic btw>
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,734 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Fab trailer CTC. Kill the bunny, lots more around, sorry we're inundated with them. I have a couple of hares that keep coming in my garden. Bit of a dilemma as I really like hares, not sure for how much longer though.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Lotus-eater
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    lucielle wrote: »
    Fab trailer CTC. Kill the bunny, lots more around, sorry we're inundated with them. I have a couple of hares that keep coming in my garden. Bit of a dilemma as I really like hares, not sure for how much longer though.
    L
    We only have one and it's a young one, I want to nip this in the bud before it really starts and it ate one of my young outside tomato plants last night.

I'm not amused :p
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • Itismehonest
    Itismehonest Posts: 4,352 Forumite
    Options
    We only have one and it's a young one, I want to nip this in the bud before it really starts and it ate one of my young outside tomato plants last night.

I'm not amused :p

There's only one that you've seen
    If there was only one you needn't worry too much ;) other than the nibble damage, of course.......... but it only takes 2....... then 8 ...... then 64 ........:rotfl:

Penned by the keeper of Watership Down :wall:
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If there was only one you needn't worry too much ;) other than the nibble damage, of course.......... but it only takes 2....... then 8 ...... then 64 ........:rotfl:

I loved that book, i named my rabbit ofter Hazelrah
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Lotus-eater
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

No I'm pretty sure there's just one.

And you are right, I don't want another one moving in and starting a family! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure