The Ultimate Incentive natters on. Part 9

Options

Comments

• wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yay great news about the keys Shrimpy, must be great to get in the house!

Must be lovely to get rid of some of the big baby stuff CMD. This is another reason i want to get on and have another baby so i can get rid of the big baby stuff!

Well done on sorting the craft stuff Birdie. Don't have any a5 envelopes do you?

My weekend was ok. Poppy had her first proper walk in snow and liked it till she fell over in it. She has been ill though and was up half the night last night as she keeps waking up when she coughs and crying.

Was OH's birthday yesterday and my parents and sister came over and we went to pub for lunch.
  • Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not sure if I do Wendz, most of my cards/envelopes are smaller than that. :) Going to have to seek out commissions for wedding invites or suchlike to get rid of them! ;)

Will you be trying for a honeymoon baby Wendz?! :) Hope your OH had a nice birthday. :)

Don't say that you 'only' managed to clear a few bits CMD, I like to think that you cleared things that might not have been done had you not been challenging yourself! :T
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • wendz86
    Options
    Haha yeah maybe should have got you to make mine! I spent half of yesterday printing out stuff for the invites. Need to get more card though. I swear making them is probably going to be more expensive than buying but ah well!

Well i would like to but OH keeps saying babies are too expensive. Don't know if he is joking???
  • Lara44
    Lara44 Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    Options
    Hey All

Shrimpy - HUGE CONGRATS :j:j
    It's great to be able to get into the new place and get some work done. You must be so excited. I am so glad this has come right after all the health stress you've been dealing with. Here's to a happy new home :beer:

Sounds like much decluttering was done this weekend ladies, good stuff. Birdie, your craft stash sounds HUGE, lol. We didn't really manage much as the Freecyclers who were coming round to collect bits cancelled because of the snow. I reckon we've shed about half the junk cupboard now though, which is good progress. Anybody need about 30 blank VHS boxes?? :rotfl: I feel too bad about throwing them away.

Remember the million deadlines I was wingeing on about before Christmas? Well last night I finished the last one - writing the text for this presentation in Edinburgh. I worked all yesterday and got it done and sent off to my supervisors - I hope that they think it's okay. Just got to present it on Friday now, but at least we're getting a wee trip to Scotland out of it. OH is such a Southerner, he's never been to Scotland at all!

Wendz, Poppy sounds so sweet in the snow. Hope she's feeling better soon.

Hugs to all xx
    :A :heartpuls June 2014 / £2014 in 2014 / £735.97 / 36.5%
  • wendz86
    Options
    Well done on finishing all your deadlines Lara, must be a relief!

I have never been to scotland either :o. I am from southampton to be fair.
  • Birdie85
    Options
    Lara, on Pinterest I'm sure I've seen people mount VHS boxes on the wall as a double-whammy picture frame/storage cubby. Get some holes drilled into them and stick them on the wall and sell the rest as stylishly retro homemade storage frames! ;)

My craft stash is shamefully large... I've got hoarding problems! I like to recycle stuff too so I had boxes full of ribbons (even the little ones you cut out of your clothes and the fancy perfume sample ones you get sometimes :p), broken jewellery, buttons, I've even got a dozen cut up Kleenex boxes because the designs on them are too nice to bin. :o My next challenge will be to use up as much of this stuff as possible! :p

Well done on finishing the work this weekend! Hope the presentation goes well on Friday and that your OH enjoys Scotland. :) We're considering going back up to Edinburgh just to go back to the restaurants we went to last time! :drool:
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Morning all, hope everyone's well! Fantastic news about the house Shrimpy - enjoy it! And well done on getting all your work finished Lara - how are you going to celebrate? Can you recommend any Edinburgh restaurants Birdie? I'm off there for the Half Marathon weekend in May!

Sounds like everyone's being decluttering like maniacs! I did a Big Tidy on Saturday and managed to declutter a LOT, including less obvious stuff like finally putting pictures in frames and on the walls. Still a bit to do but am feeling a lot happier and as though I can breathe which is nice! Also started doing a bit of prep for my interview so I'm feeling slightly less panicked about that too. Phew.

Sitting at work now watching the tiny powdery snow fall - waiting for this deluge we're supposed to be getting and hoping for an email from the VC to say we can go home!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Lara44
    Lara44 Posts: 2,961 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, me too on the restaurant recommendations! :D

Great news on the interview prep, Tete :)
    :A :heartpuls June 2014 / £2014 in 2014 / £735.97 / 36.5%
  • Birdie85
    Options
    Well went to The Living Room which was really good food, great service and fantastic Cuba Libres. I booked it through Top Table so we got 20% off the bill (they'd not knocked it off at first and I thought the guy would be a bit sniffy with me for asking, but he couldn't have been nicer and apologised for the embarrassment :)), looks like they're running a 50% off food promo now. :) We also went to Tex Mex 2 which was great, our friend lives up there and that was his #1 recommendation. :)

Are you doing the GNR too this year Tete? Getting very serious with your running! :)
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Ah thanks - Living Room looks lovely :) Yep - Ed Half and the GNR - eeeps! Also going to register for Great Ireland Run and something at Whipsnade on payday!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport