Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone have any contact with WaS off this page? I hope she is ok.
    I don't like the way on the internet something might have happened to someone and their online friends have no knowledge, I've always thought that a downside of it. Sometimes people just drop off the radar :(
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MU - well done on getting the PIP form sorted and I hope things level out for you soon.

Dandy - you sound like me. I really enjoy going away but love the feeling of comfort when I get home, the flat being clean gives me a great sense of calm (no matter how much I ache) and I miss IzHe when he's not there but find myself craving some peace if he's around all the time :D

I don't know if anyone's in contact with WaS but I hope everything's alright with her. There seem to be a few MIAs at the moment. Big hugs and squishes to all and I hope everyone's okay.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Had bad hay fever for past week or two of course at worse when we had that heatwave a few days ago so been more exhausted than usual then had the work trial meaning I felt even worse.

Whats on my mind now was I have been in the area almost 38 months now and since day one noticed in town centre next to station the local hang out of drunks and junkies who are well known and banned from many local shops and from buying drink from off licenses.

I lived here since Christmas and noticed since day one chav/junkie stereotypes jamming the back door open to block and I used to close it when I first moved in as thought people just forgot but was subjected to mouthful of abuse from (ironically enough) toothless chavs.

Apart from that most that came round were friendly and you never had any noise, at least heard from my flat but about 3 months ago noticed a massive increase in rough people hanging around outside my flat or outside the building, and noticed many were the well known junkies and alcoholics who were banned from town centre shops (and been a victim of threats in Subway 2 months ago though they didn't recognise me)

What I found out is they are banned from using that dark alley anymore, so I assume they are coming round to my neighbours, meaning I hear at weekends people trying to kick on back door, or loud drunk/high people screaming upstairs to get in at all hours of night, or people ringing my buzzer anytime from 8pm Friday/Saturday night through to 6am the next morning demanding to get in.

Writing this as though I cope with it, I feel like it may escalate and having well known substance abusers who are also known for stealing from shops, and a few weeks back having someone peering through my windows on a Saturday night and fleeing when he saw me I worry for the future.

So wanted a bit of feedback.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Is it a Housing Association block? If so, you could tell them what's going on?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    101 and report antisocial behaviour.
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It's council, what I was thinking is as theres no set time limit and often the arguments are random by time police come round they may of dispersed each time that and I was tolerating it as everyday noise, and just put my buzzer on silent at nighttime and tell friends if they want to come round knock my living room window

Most of it is like a few meet at back door and talk for a few minutes, leave, come back, leave again

Which makes me think why so many people coming and going at all hours.

The glass on back door (thick door with about 10 individual pieces of plastic/glass) has been kicked in on many areas, and theres obvious damage to a lot of door, it doesn't even shut right without force though has been like that since I moved in, You can pull it shut with a lot of force and it locks but when you press the door release button you have to use a lot of force to open it.

I am a anxious person so its hard to tell what I should tolerate but I would assume people would agree that people, well known junkies and thieves at that would make most people paranoid.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gingernutty's suggestion sounds good.......you could have a word with someone, tell them all that, and see what they suggest.

If it's drug dealers, the sooner it's stopped, the better.

You could ask for strict anonymity.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• dekaspace
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well one of the regulars is this guy who for first year of living in town I saw around 5pm every day with about 10 cans of Special Brew type cider and so staggering about he had to hold himself up, this was every day.

A few times saw him drunk 10am with a kid around 5 and again 10 cans of cider in his bag effing and blinding at the kid for wanting to play then trying to blag free bus travel for him and his kid from bus driver (Im assuming shes in care and he had random access)

Saw him often downing cans and chucking them in road, and a few weeks back was in Subway and he tried nicking a drink, and when was caught hid at side then pocketed dozens of milks and sugars, then got on same bus as me so steaming drunk he screamed at bus driver as he couldn't keep his balance, then when got off had a wad of cash in his hand (£200-£500 in 20s)

A hour later saw him walking into my block.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I'm off on holiday for the next 10 days, so have a good time all, while I'm gone! xxxxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    deka, I think if he is so drunk and has a young child you should just phone 999. You could also tell them about previous occasions when you have seen him with a roll of notes. Perhaps say that you don't want to give your name. If you know the town has cctv that would cover the interaction with the child, then state that at the time.

Please don't assume someone else will report it. Everyone thinks that and that is why some youngsters are let down so badly.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback