Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MU if you are comfortable with it you can get SWAIN to be your appointed person with the DWP.
    I do it for OH
    You don't need to be married
    Money can still go into your account
    Xxx
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I left work, hooked onto the bus' wifi and checked my emails.

BEFORE THEY'VE EVEN FINISHED INTERVIEWING FOR THE ROLE, they've rejected me.

They've got more interviews tomorrow.

I'm gutted and feel like a complete failure.

I can't even get a job doing what I used to do. :(
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I left work, hooked onto the bus' wifi and checked my emails.

BEFORE THEY'VE EVEN FINISHED INTERVIEWING FOR THE ROLE, they've rejected me.

They've got more interviews tomorrow.

I'm gutted and feel like a complete failure.

I can't even get a job doing what I used to do. :(

What a shame, Gingernutty. :( I'm so sorry.:(

I wonder if they felt it was a come-down for you, despite you saying you wanted less responsibility?
    I do find it hard to understand why employers can't accept that sometimes people do just want to take a step back, and not keep charging up the prospects ladder.

But one door closes and another opens.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Gingernutty
    Options
    This door has closed and the temp position I'm in has been offered to someone who starts at the end of the month.

Looks like I'll be resting soon.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry you didn't get the job but at least there's a positive
    Looks like I'll be resting soon.

For the first time in what seems like forever I've got a weekend where I'm not staying away from home or dealing with house guests!!
    The only downside is that IzHe's going to his friend's birthday tomorrow (I already had plans with the girls so have had to miss it) so will be staying there and he's been doing so much overtime this week that I feel like I've barely seen him. On the plus side, I get to have a Buffy marathon on Sunday morning without the annoying commentary :D
  • Gingernutty
    Options
    Feedback: I didn't expand on the answers and there were candidates with more recent/current experience.

So my experience was too long ago and I didn't waffle. :(
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MU - I hope you are doing ok. Did you need to call 911?

Gingernutty - sorry interview didn't go your way, are you registered with lots of employment agencies? If not is that something worth doing?

I'm still away! The first hotel was nice so stretched it to two nights and then didn't seem worth driving back in between. Last night we stayed in a different place that was "ok". Tonight we are in a B&B which seems ok so far. I'm a bit stressed because when I booked I paid by PayPal and had it confirmed. When we arrived the guy showed us to the room and said we pay in the morning. I said I'm sure I've paid in full and he said it just a holding charge, I was sure it wasn't but didn't like to speak up. After he left I checked online and both my PayPal and the booking website says I've paid in full. DH says that's no problem just tell the guy tomorrow morning but I'm getting stressed because what if he says it isn't :( I know that sounds daft as I have it in writing but I always get afraid of confrontation and not being believed.

Anyway I hope you all are doing ok, hugs if anyone needs them x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ended up not calling them, survived till my GP appointment. I've been told to come off my anti depressant as they think thats what was contributing to the mania. Been off it a week and not feeling too great. Was told to restart it if i find my mood going south. And to book another appointment, and they'd try again for the mental health team referal. Got my PIP form filled in and sent off, now to see if i get called for an asessment, thankfully the charity who helped with my form can accompany me so i wont be on my own if it does happen.

Back to being on budget this week. Last week was a bit of an impulsive mess so today i took all the cash out i need for the week and my debt card is going in the drawer so i can;t use it. Managed to go swimming twice last week and going again tonight, so at least thats something positive from the manic episode.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Sooo glad to hear you feeling better, MU. Now all we need is WaS...

(All you need is WaS.....) Hope you're lurking, hun! <3
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MU - are they going to try you on an alternative medicine? Well done getting that pip form done :)

We got back on Sunday evening and I am very glad to be home. I feel "safe" here :D I did a mega tidy up yesterday and paid for it with a backache today, but the house looks lovely which brightens my mood.

It was strange but after our little trip away I realised that although when I'm at home it's really reassuring to know DH is nearby, I didn't like it when we were away and he was with me all the time. I really like being able to escape to a different part of the house and to read in quiet!

I hope everyone is getting on ok xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure