PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Deposit Not Returned

Options

Comments

• CharlieJermany
    Options
    Hi,

I also have had this problem and have been in contact with some people on here.

I am currently doing an investigation with Companies House to get Mr Nicholas Sutton wiped off of the director register.

I'm also taking them to court, but because they do not have the fees the Court probably won't work as people have said on here.

I think our last resort is that we have to raise a petition to Wind Up the Company - but this will cost £1600 in total. Many people have done this through gazette with his other companies and I think this is sadly the only way :(
  • CharlieJermany
    Options
    I HAVE REPORTED THE COMPANY AND DIRECTOR TO THE GOVERNMENT AND IT LOOKS PROMISING. THEY NEED WRITTEN PROOF THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED TO OTHERS TO BE ABLE TO CLOSE THE COMPANY AND PROSECUTE THE DIRECTOR BY LAW.
    PLEASE WRITE A WRITTEN STATEMENT TO ME CHARMAINEJERMANY@BTINTERNET.COM SAYING YOUR SITUATION WITH AS MUCH PROOF AS POSSIBLE AND I WILL SEND THIS TO THEM FOR THE CASE
    Thank you
  • marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I HAVE REPORTED THE COMPANY AND DIRECTOR TO THE GOVERNMENT AND IT LOOKS PROMISING. THEY NEED WRITTEN PROOF THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED TO OTHERS TO BE ABLE TO CLOSE THE COMPANY AND PROSECUTE THE DIRECTOR BY LAW.
    PLEASE WRITE A WRITTEN STATEMENT TO ME CHARMAINEJERMANY@BTINTERNET.COM SAYING YOUR SITUATION WITH AS MUCH PROOF AS POSSIBLE AND I WILL SEND THIS TO THEM FOR THE CASE
    Thank you

Not being funny, but why ask for a written statement to be sent direct to you, when people on here do not know who you are? You could be a member of staff from the aforementioned company trying to get details from people.

You should provide an email/written address for 'THEY' who need written proof for people to send direct and bypass you.

Of course, you could be above board and trying to help (which I'm sure you are) but it wouldn't be the first time a plant is on these forums, especially a user with so few posts.
  • Bharathiraja
    Options
    Hi,
    I too facing same problem with Max Estate Agency and this property called "SUMMIT HOUSE" in Bracknell area. It's been around 90 days since i vacated the rental property but Max Estate Agency is not returned my deposit amount and also not responding to my email & phone call. With the guidance of Citizen advice Bureau & Bracknell Police, i made a complaint in actionfraud.police.uk and waiting.
  • Damya79
    Options
    What is the latest with this has anyone had any luck getting their deposit back.

I moved from Summit house recently and was informed I would get deposit back in 15 days and 30 days later nothing.

They wont answer phones and now just completely ignore emails and calls.
  • Michael.R.V
    Options
    Hello, as I am in the same situation with the deposit stage, I was wondering if anyone has any news regarding this?

Thank you
  • Trung
    Trung Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 6 February 2017 at 1:24PM
    Options
    Hi all,

I also facing the same problem with Mas Estates Ltd (60 faiths lane, Norwich, NR1 1NN). We are going to move out of this flat at 6/2/17.

I contact with them many times, by email only, to require checking the room and processing complete contract. However, they did not respond for me. On the other hand, they alway require me to pay money on time. Especially the last month, they sent me a paper letter and require pay money immediately.
  • lonsie5
    Options
    don't pay your last rent. You will NOT get your deposit back.
    They don't answer e-mails. The caretaker doesn't answer the phone.
    Don't take them to court. You will win but still won't get your money back and it will cost you to take them to court. The owner is Nicholas Nelson Sutton and he is a crook.
    Lots of people have taken him to court but he is very slippery and they still haven't got their money back. He says the company is in debt and has no assets but how can it be when the rents he charges are so high.
    I wish you luck.
    Please post how you got on.
  • lonsie5
    Options
    Hi ,
    Are you any further on with getting your deposit back.
    I am in the same situation. I moved out in December 2016 and am getting no responce from Max Estates.
  • Trung
    Options
    But it should be a way to solve this problem? Here is Great Britain, the Government or another institutions should have a way to protect their people from the companies like Max estates?
    Please we can take them to court together. Let me know if you want to do this!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure