Postage issues.

Options

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I just had another look at the tracking. It still says pre-advice recieved, and the circle that says "recieved in to our network" is still white/not greyed out. I'm beginning to suspect that they haven't sent the item.

They're a company and they do have a telephone number listed on their eBay listing. Should I maybe give them a ring tomorrow if it hasn't turned up or is that frowned upon? I know I can open a case on eBay but I'd rather just have the item if I could.

I would ring them. could be as simple as an admin error.
    Nothing to gain by falsifying the Tracked postage.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know. I always thought royal mail 48 was secondclass business.
    Work to live= not live to work
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know. I always thought royal mail 48 was secondclass business.

Royal Mail 48 is second class. RM48

Royal Mail Tracked 48 is a business class fully tracked service. RMT48.
  • SunnyMorningDays
    SunnyMorningDays Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 19 May 2017 at 12:41PM
    Options
    So I decided to give them a quick ring last night - I had a feeling it wouldn't arrive this morning (and it didn't) and they close early on Friday according to their website. I'm glad I did. The gentleman on the phone was very helpful. He tracked the number and saw the same thing that I did. After a few minutes of looking around, he discovered that I'd been given the wrong tracking number.

He gave me the new number and I had a quick look. The item was posted on Monday (so... not quite 48 hours) and it was recieved in to the network and a second scan showed that it was in a distribution centre this morning (when I had another look). Apparently it should turn up tomorrow, or by Monday at the latest - which is when I need it by really.

My final few questions are - should I mark them down for this? The gentleman on the phone was very nice but I can't shake the feeling I wasn't being told the whole truth. The item was clearly only sent on Monday so sending me tracking information on Thursday seems a little disingenuous. I had a quick look at their feedback and it's all very good, most people seem to get speedy service but one negative within the last month mentions that the tracking information was incorrect.

I know selling online can be a hasle but I'm now looking at the item being a week late when I paid for a quicker service. I wouldn't have minded if they'd contacted me an admitted it was going to be a bit late, but then I suppose not everyone would be so relaxed about it.

EDIT: Spelling.
  • custardy
    Options
    So I decided to give them a quick ring last night - I had a feeling it wouldn't arrive this morning (and it didn't) and they close early on Friday according to their website. I'm glad I did. The gentleman on the phone was very helpful. He tracked the number and saw the same thing that I did. After a few minutes of looking around, he discovered that I'd been given the wrong tracking number.

He gave me the new number and I had a quick look. The item was posted on Monday (so... not quite 48 hours) and it was recieved in to the network and a second scan showed that it was in a distribution centre this morning (when I had another look). Apparently it should turn up tomorrow, or by Monday at the latest - which is when I need it by really.

My final few questions are - should I mark them down for this? The gentleman on the phone was very nice but I can't shake the feeling I wasn't being told the whole truth. The item was clearly only sent on Monday so sending me tracking information on Thursday seems a little disingenuous. I had a quick look at their feedback and it's all very good, most people seem to get speedy service but one negative within the last month mentions that the tracking information was incorrect.

I know selling online can be a hasle but I'm now looking at the item being a week late when I paid for a quicker service. I wouldn't have minded if they'd contacted me an admitted it was going to be a bit late, but then I suppose not everyone would be so relaxed about it.

EDIT: Spelling.

What is the despatch time on their listings?
  • SunnyMorningDays
    Options
    Sorry I think you asked this earlier - I'm not sure what the dispatch time is or how to find it? The listing has been updated since I bought it as well so if it did say then it doesn't look like it does now.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Options
    If you go to your purchase history, it will show the item and the description etc that was as per the time of your order. It isn't relevant what happens to a listing after you buy. The seller cannot change the details as per the moment of order.
  • custardy
    Options
    Sorry I think you asked this earlier - I'm not sure what the dispatch time is or how to find it? The listing has been updated since I bought it as well so if it did say then it doesn't look like it does now.

Look in the postage & payments section.

Eg "Will usually dispatch within 3 working days of receiving cleared payment "

A 48 hour service is what it is. however it depends how long the seller states it may take to post.
  • SunnyMorningDays
    Options
    Just had a look. The postage and payments section lists click and collect and where they will post to (which countries). Nothing about the time it will take to dispatch.

It then goes on to explain that PayPal is preferred and whatnot but nothing else really.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's above the Paypal section at the bottom of the section above that "Postage and Packing"
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure