Ebico energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• sianamy1234
    Options
    Wywth wrote: »
    Whoops, no, sorry, these are for customers with a credit meter only. :o

As a prepayment customer, you could save £25 a year switching to Utilita as a dual fuel customer, or better still just switch your electricity to them for a £35 a year saving leaving the gas with Ebico.
    Note that early exit fees apply with Utilita so you might prefer to stay with Ebico :)

Have you considered switching to a credit meter? As you can see, there are significant savings to be had if you could get credit meters installed.
  • sianamy1234
    Options
    To my mind a credit meter is just like getting a quarterly bill...and the fewer direct debits in my life the better. I know it may be cheaper but there is such peace of mind knowing there are no big bills coming through the door, at least for energy.[/QUOTE]
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Transfer from British Gas to Ebico fouled up by Ebico/Southern Electricity missing a digit from the gas meter reading that I supplied.
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    alanq wrote: »
    Transfer from British Gas to Ebico fouled up by Ebico/Southern Electricity missing a digit from the gas meter reading that I supplied.

How did you supply the meter reading?

If you had used the SSE automated meter line on 0800 220 995, then any error would only be caused by your own erroneous input

:)
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wywth wrote: »
    How did you supply the meter reading?

I rang with a query and the agent asked me to supply the information while I was on the phone. I did not speak erroneously.
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    alanq wrote: »
    I rang with a query and the agent asked me to supply the information while I was on the phone. I did not speak erroneously.

What was the nature of the query you called them about?
  • KennyJ
    Options
    I've completed the online process to switch today, so we'll see how long the process takes and see how smoothly or not it goes.

I'll keep you posted :)
  • elizabeth2015
    Options
    Began the switch 5 weeks ago. Still waiting for Ebico/SE to suppy EDF with my meter reading in order to complete my switch. At least, that is what EDF told me when I enquired. Getting a bit impatient now.
    Email comms with Ebico quickly responded to. Havent had direct contact with their supplier SE, but did an online meter read when asked.
    Will report on progress.
  • Puffer
    Puffer Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm likely to change to Ebico shortly for dual fuel on a low-usage property. I'm currently with Southern (SSE) - so can I assume that the SSE-Ebico tie-up should make the transfer process swift and painless (or is that asking too much)?
  • moneysaver129
    moneysaver129 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    I am with Ebico. Can someone answer me the following:

I pay about £1000 per year (gas and electric). There are no standing charges on Ebico.
    On the cheap energy club I am shown saving £300 approximately if I change supplier (It has standing charges).
    The question is does this £300 saving include the new standing charges I will be charged by the new supplier or will the new standing charges come out of the £300 saving. It is not clear on the cheap energy club site.
    Also can anyone tell me if it is now become standard practice that when changing supplier they mostly make up the readings at first. So that the next time there is actually a accurate reading will be on the first meter reading by the company. The last time I changed I provided very accurate readings to the new and old supplier but neither used them. They just agreed a reading between them and relied on the next real reading they did.

Finally it appears to me I never made the savings the switch site claimed I would make despite my entering the specific annual useage KWH. Does any one know if these switching sites are just making the savings up? I seem to remember Uswitch were questioned about this and their CEO? got very shirty?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure