All my good intentions......

Options

Comments

• Learning2Budget
    Learning2Budget Posts: 1,092 Forumite
    edited 6 April 2012 at 12:14PM
    Options
    Lifted by the sudden realisation that we have cleared our first debt!!!!!:beer: :T it has actually gone from the list. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • Hovel_lady
    Hovel_lady Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    Options
    Lifted by the sudden realisation that we have cleared our first debt!!!!!:beer: :T it has actually gone from the list. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Well done you, that's great :T :j :T

Hope you feel better very soon x
  • Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Options
    Yay! Go you!

How are the envelopes going? I have given up yet again. Really struggling this month, and the little pot of savings I had got together over the past couple of months has already gone :(

I just can't get my head around starting off the envelopes, how have you managed it?
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    struggling along still. last envelope to use for food shop tomorrow. OH gets paid on 18th and then i will budget for a 5 week month and hopefully get sorted. Running v.low on fuel.....that envelope seem to go too quick!
    Just takes practice i guess?? i need to practise more. lol.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    oldest DD is asking for a visit to London. Wondering if i plan and save very hard we may be able to manage a day trip down before she starts school. Is it cheaper to go midweek?? Just for once id love to plan a nice suprise for her. In the process of selling a weeks holiday and was thinking of using some of that money but i know full well that car will fail its mot and it may well be the end if its little life. So will see uf i can pick up a couple of overtime shifts. Seem to have too many pots n not enough funds.

Suppose that says it all...thats how i got in this mess. Right need.to concentrate on car fund.....once that is sorted i need to focus on my next goal. One step at a time eh?? L2B.x
  • Hovel_lady
    Hovel_lady Posts: 4,291 Forumite
    Options
    Midweek is not always cheaper, it depends when you travel really.
    I use this for checking and booking train tickets (other sites are available)...

http://www.redspottedhanky.com/

It will, at least, give you some ideas on prices :)
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    Thanks Hovel lady. Will keep an ear out for any bargains coming up. Know they did a free family railccard a while back and Im hoping that it might be repeated.

Right, on wed OH gets paid, envelopes a gogo, although will allow for 5 week month this time. Suddenly realised that's why the fuel purse got empty quickly too.......blumming 5 weekers. lol.

Half term nearly over and its not been too expensive, although Thursday I.was £12 lighter after a trip out, but was muchly enjoyed!

Car started putting strange warning lights on the dash......makes me feel a little sick just thinking about it cos there isn't enough money in the emergency fund yet. Worried!!! Mum & Dad still don't know about our degree of debt and Im sure my dad will just suggest a low rate loan.......he has an impeccable credit rating and everything is paid on time. They wouldn't understand how we got ourselves in this mess at all. So will have to figure something out.x
  • Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Options
    Could you do a lot of internet research on the car and see if it could be a common fault with that make of car?

It might be something pretty easily fixed, or even something you could do yourself.

I have learnt with cars, don't panic until you need to, otherwise you are permanently panicking!!
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    Its a fault with the ecu on the engine management system, have a friend with a scanner so will get him to have a look. MOT looming though and i think the bottom of my car is rusting.......Eeek!!x
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    Well no further strange lights on the car but have found the bonnett is wedged shut now!! One thing with the blooming thing after another.

Envelopes are on the go and i am keeping tight reins. Managed to sell some old kids toys which has paid for youngest DD's birthday pressie.

Had a bill statement come through which had a zero balance.......first time in a long time and its made me more determined!

Had a mare last night cos phone upgraded and i lost all my passwords. Took me 3 hours to be able to log back into mse was having palpitations.
    L2B.x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure